Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 24. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Does anybody know if there is a white paper for XSPEC and where to find it? I can't seem to find it on their website.

You should ask the dev on the discord.
Activity: 196
Merit: 41
Spectrecoin not only pays attention to "private transactions", which makes anonymous remittance, spaight become a common currency and private firm.
Activity: 308
Merit: 69
Does anybody know if there is a white paper for XSPEC and where to find it? I can't seem to find it on their website.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Proof that XSPEC is NOT a scam:

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/Proof-that-XSPEC-is-NOT-a-scam

I find it somewhat ridiculous that it's even necessary to write a post like this to counter the FUD, but there you go.  Wink

Not totally agree with the point: A blockchain project does not depend on one developer.
In fact, xspec is lack of a "team" and seriously depends on one or two dev.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
yea, it's very good that you comment on the scam accusations and explain why the work (or maybe lack of work) and possible mistakes of one person doesn't make a whole project a scam.

that's what i also posted and already tried to explain in those threads.

also admitting own mistakes and weaknesses is important to bring back the trust to many people.

i have also stated that it is always difficult to judge someones actual work only on the results he delivered.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Proof that XSPEC is NOT a scam:

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/Proof-that-XSPEC-is-NOT-a-scam

I find it somewhat ridiculous that it's even necessary to write a post like this to counter the FUD, but there you go.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
Waiting for the linux client since January 16.

Any ideas when the Linux version is available?

Come over to discord>support.....our in house linux Guru....Gandalf86 can help you compile.

Thanks, that's what I did, I went to the dev room. Managed to build it but it doesn't run. Now I'm running it through WINE and it's syncing so not so bothered.
Looking forward to a packaged image though, or just until April when I'll be on 18.04 and it'll probably work.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
fluctuations from falling to growth were worn by my nerves. It's difficult
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager

Come over to discord>support.....our in house linux Guru....Gandalf86 can help you compile.

legendary
It's funny I was thinking exactly the same thing to get staking. I'm about to build from source now though so will see if I get it working or not.

Good luck, but I wasn't successful.
no progress -> no wallet -> no coins -> no loss, just keep it simple Wink

Sounds annoying. This is the way with small projects when running Linux though Wink It's the price you pay in my opinion.
I've just managed to configure it to recognize Open SSL (somehow) using these instructions but I'm running 17.10 so doubt it'll work.
Not sure what it does but this line helped:
Code:
sed -i -e 's,/bin/sh -e,/bin/bash,g' autogen.sh
Activity: 63
It's funny I was thinking exactly the same thing to get staking. I'm about to build from source now though so will see if I get it working or not.

Good luck, but I wasn't successful.
no progress -> no wallet -> no coins -> no loss, just keep it simple Wink
legendary

Not convinced OpenSSL version is compatible with the QT version but guess I'm going to find out  Wink
FYI the link has moved (needs updating): https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Before the "can of worms' was opened with a wallet that would let the owner chose to send none,all and any amount in between
of his stake rewards to the donation address....community donations to the devs was exactly how we did it.

It was thought this way would be smoother, more fair and take care of the devs for some time to come.
Too bad it's turned into some kind of imaginary negative for some folks.

I'm still interested how anyone could imagine a project like SpectreCoin.... that's been going since late 2016, with a large community like we have, could be anything close to a scam.
If it is....it isn't very well orchestrated.... Grin

Maybe the good people of BitCoin Talk would do better at sniffing out the real scams that bilk people out of  hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. much larger....but harder targets I guess.

Bitcointalk has lost all credibility in my honest opinion. The lowest of the low are here  to inflate these forums full of useless content for the sake of sucking on any airdrop possible. Many unbacked scam accusations and  misinformation about many projects that may appear legitimate to the average person. We’ve become worse than mainstream media attacking other projects for our own benefit of wealth and creating multiple accounts accounts in doing so.  It’s almost as though there are cryptocurrency commercials following the afternoon weekday ‘Jerry Springer’ show to target the unemployed and the vulnerable. It’s a shame, this project has something special that not other cryptocurrency has yet to plan. As a loyal community member I wish to be more transparent and take a stand for this project as I am well aware of the legitimacy of this project that has been overshadowed by misinformation which in all fairness could be taken seriously as deadlines have not been met. It now comes down to time and belief. Stay tuned for updates.

As an investor, some guys do their own research and have their own doubt. It's not their fault or just FUD.
It's due to the lack of communication and transparency.

Also the dev should fight back any accusation with the actions. Let's move on with the updated code.
Activity: 63

legendary
Am liking the sound of this project so just bought on spectre on the cheap for long-term.
As long as the roadmap pans out I think this coin will be onto a winner.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
Can tips be held in a trusted escrow or smart contract? It can be forwarded to the devs once stealth staking is released. I bet it will build up a huge amount!
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
Before the "can of worms' was opened with a wallet that would let the owner chose to send none,all and any amount in between
of his stake rewards to the donation address....community donations to the devs was exactly how we did it.

It was thought this way would be smoother, more fair and take care of the devs for some time to come.

I'm still interested how anyone could imagine a project like SpectreCoin.... that's been going since late 2016, with a large community like we have, could be anything close to a scam.

Maybe the good people of BitCoin Talk would do better at sniffing out the real scams that bilk people out of  hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. much larger....but harder targets I guess.

Bitcointalk has lost all credibility in my honest opinion. The lowest of the low are here  to inflate these forums full of useless content for the sake of sucking on any airdrop possible. Many unbacked scam accusations and  misinformation about many projects that may appear legitimate to the average person. We’ve become worse than mainstream media attacking other projects for our own benefit of wealth and creating multiple accounts accounts in doing so.  It’s almost as though there are cryptocurrency commercials following the afternoon weekday ‘Jerry Springer’ show to target the unemployed and the vulnerable. It’s a shame, this project has something special that not other cryptocurrency has yet to plan. As a loyal community member I wish to be more transparent and take a stand for this project as I am well aware of the legitimacy of this project that has been overshadowed by misinformation which in all fairness could be taken seriously as deadlines have not been met. It now comes down to time and belief. Stay tuned for updates.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager

Maybe the good people of BitCoin Talk would do better at sniffing out the real scams that bilk people out of  hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. much larger....but harder targets I guess.

Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

Yup, if that person is reading here, please consider getting the newest wallet and configuring it to donate the stake rewards 100% to development ... it benefits the value increase of the portfolio much more than keeping the 5% for yourself. Those 5% donated to the developers would most likely result in a +20% value increase over one year if put into the hands of our developers / marketing.

The same holds for other big wallets as well, obviously.  Wink Donating 50% of your stakes gives you less value increase overall, than donating 100% which results in faster development speed.

Whales should be active in tipping devs for reaching targets not staking directly to them. By offering tip rewards after releasing wallet 1.4 or especially after stealth staking it will reduce FUD and scam accusations.

Is there a thank you tip wallet for reaching targets like stealth staking? If not, there should be
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Pages:
Jump to: