Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 28. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Can't find any mining pools?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

But it's dying, I'm on the project, and I'm going to buy more at this bad time for xspec.

If it's dying (and you have not justified why you believe that), why the hell are you buying more? Either it's dying and then it has no future, or it's just temporarily under pressure but has a rosy future.

It is dying at the moment, but it will rise again from the ashes as fenix so I will buy more. Cool

You are just opportunistic and a total gambler. Good luck.
Hope you can survive or die anyway.
Activity: 45
Nothing has really happened. My understanding is the Devs in general are late with updates, mainly because they have other real life concerns and are seemingly working on this project for free at the moment. So v 1.4 being late isn't a concern to me at all, especially since the main dev has explained his week long absence on the Discord channel.

The price drop seems to be in large part because of the above linked forum post calling XSpec a scam, and then using only a few lines of code to prove their point. What bothers me most is that while the code may be simpler than we expected, the devs aren't making off with millions of dollars of investors funds. THIS IS NOT A SCAM! It may not be the privacy changing coin we all expected, but to call it a "scam" is idiotic. A poor project would be much better English than calling it a scam, although I think the project is fine.

Personally I don't mind the FUD because I've been able to quadruple my XSpec holdings this weekend alone. The project is fine--stop letting price changes over short periods change your opinions. (Or keep panic selling to me, that's fine too!)
Activity: 41
what happend to this coin.. I belived in it, but it disapointed me. good privacy coin...
X4s
Activity: 42
Every day passing without 1.4 release is another confirmation this is a scam.
It is not fud, all accusations are documented. The silence of the dev is yet another confirmation of it all.

Hope this will die soon so people can focus on real projects.

What are these real projects?
Activity: 19
Merit: 1
Every day passing without 1.4 release is another confirmation this is a scam.
It is not fud, all accusations are documented. The silence of the dev is yet another confirmation of it all.

Hope this will die soon so people can focus on real projects.
Activity: 17

This is why I think the true price is probably around .25 to .30 instead of 60-80. The software is difficult to install on linux, there are issues with Qt, like you mentioned. There shouldnt be any problems with how long xspec has been around with an up to date stable ubuntu or debian system. The day the rich list is removed with an update, this coin is worth 20-30.

Can you explain your valuation model? I fail to see why it should be .25 to .3. The wallet runs smoothly on Windows. Yes, some people seem to have issues with the Linux install, others managed just well. I believe the new version will address some of these challenges. But none of this is new, and was already built into the price when it was 5 USD. So again, it would appreciate if you shared your valuation model.

This valuation is purely based on nov/dec 2017 prices before the large increase. A coin always reaches previous levels again before prices start to increase. Spectrecoin's uprun was incredible, 2k sats to 40k sats.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

It is dying at the moment, but it will rise again from the ashes as fenix so I will buy more. Cool

Ah ... an allegory.. ... I would have not chosen such a dramatic picture myself (I'm more in the sleeping beauty camp) but OK. A Phoenix from the Ashes it is.
X4s

But it's dying, I'm on the project, and I'm going to buy more at this bad time for xspec.

If it's dying (and you have not justified why you believe that), why the hell are you buying more? Either it's dying and then it has no future, or it's just temporarily under pressure but has a rosy future.

This is why I think the true price is probably around .25 to .30 instead of 60-80. The software is difficult to install on linux, there are issues with Qt, like you mentioned. There shouldnt be any problems with how long xspec has been around with an up to date stable ubuntu or debian system. The day the rich list is removed with an update, this coin is worth 20-30.

Can you explain your valuation model? I fail to see why it should be .25 to .3. The wallet runs smoothly on Windows. Yes, some people seem to have issues with the Linux install, others managed just well. I believe the new version will address some of these challenges. But none of this is new, and was already built into the price when it was 5 USD. So again, it would appreciate if you shared your valuation model.

Activity: 17
I have a question: I know we have 1-2 devs (anonymous). Are they working full time or in their spare time? Following the above comments I've started a review of all commits from last year and I'm trying to understand the context. I mean there are lots of commits but it's mostly meaningless UI stuff like aligning something here and there. I've yet to see any code that actually improves on the core...

They are working supposedly full time. What looks like "meaningless" UI stuff to you is probably also the result of trying to fix timing bugs in the QtWebkit / Qt combo that is used in the wallet, and caused numerous errors in the wallet, like balances not updating on startup etc.. On the one hand debugging these things is pretty difficult, and also the resulting changes in the source code are fairly minimal. If you don't believe that this has been worked on full-time, please ask JBG in Discord what took most of his time.

X4s
There appears to be a lot of FUD appearing in altcoin discussions and unfortunately people are starting to believe it due to the open source nature of github, and the fact that there are few commits and they offer very little in terms of actual development. My knowledge is limited so perhaps someone here can post a supportive explanation on this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-that-xspec-is-a-scam-3055715

It is a really hard time, again, for XSPEC. Hmm?
A lot of FUD around and no response from dev make the case worse.

Can we have another bottom at 2000-3000 satoshi, soon? Jesus!

yes, xspec is dying, intense fud ...

Nothing and nobody is dying here. People who fall for the fudding have no interest in learning about the project in full, but already have a preconceived, un-validated notion which they seek confirmation for. If you join the Discord channel, you can assess for yourself how exciting this project is and how an enthusiastic community it has.

Also, think about it this way: what's the objective of the fudder to either create an account just to trash XSPEC or to spend an exorbitant amount of time building a misleading narrative based on a few chosen points, and without ever considering the full picture? Do you really think they have altruistic intentions, wanting nothing else than to better the world? Or do you think they are doing this since they get some personal reward (or pleasure) from trying to trash a project? Isn't it more likely that they have holdings in another privacy coin, and fear the growing, unstoppable competition from XSPEC?

There appears to be a lot of FUD appearing in altcoin discussions and unfortunately people are starting to believe it due to the open source nature of github, and the fact that there are few commits and they offer very little in terms of actual development. My knowledge is limited so perhaps someone here can post a supportive explanation on this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-that-xspec-is-a-scam-3055715

Nothing and nobody is dying here. People who fall for the fudding have no interest in learning about the project in full, but already have a preconceived, un-validated notion which they seek confirmation for. If you join the Discord channel, you can assess for yourself how exciting this project is and how an enthusiastic community it has.

Also, think about it this way: what's the objective of the fudder to either create an account just to trash XSPEC or to spend an exorbitant amount of time building a misleading narrative based on a few chosen points, and without ever considering the full picture? Do you really think they have altruistic intentions, wanting nothing else than to better the world? Or do you think they are doing this since they get some personal reward (or pleasure) from trying to trash a project? Isn't it more likely that they have holdings in another privacy coin, and fear the growing, unstoppable competition from XSPEC?
X4s

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

A long research and a hard attack.
Jbg won't keep silent and should response it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

Activity: 24
What is Spectrecoin?
Spectrecoin (XSPEC) was created in December 2016 as a fork of ShadowCash (SDC), with its initial difference being that it ran over the tor network for added privacy
https://www.investin[Suspicious link removed]/what-is-spectrecoin
Activity: 45
The transactions are so fast it's remarkable. I bought some more XSpec with all this FUD lowering the price even more, and the coins went from Cryptopia to my XSPEC wallet almost immediately (less than a minute).

I don't know if any of the FUD is true or not, but I've been impressed with the wallet every time I use it, and plan to continue to load up on XSpec as long as it stays priced low like it is now.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: