Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 36. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

I am interesting in this one. Think it is one of the best performing ICO ever and the project has failed to gain significant traction.
Marketing team is awesome! Future is waiting for you
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
How is Spectrecoin more decentralized than other coins?
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
I withdrawal  coins today. Got in 6 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
I am totally puzzled why some of you would rather use a kyc exchange for a privacy coin that would first....cause a spike in value.....and second expose you and your info.
so if you're looking for a quick buy and dump for a big profit.....best move on.

SpectreCoin has been growing just fine without resorting to exchanges that demand a kings ransom for a listing.
I can tell you....that isn't going to happen.....and doesn't need to happen.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero...

Not true.

I'm not impressed by Monero...
Its wallet is unusable by normal people and prone to error...
Their requirement that you run a CLI + GUI is incredibly badly implemented...
Every time they do an upgrade you get a shitshow on Reddit with corrupted blockchains and lost coins.

There is a cryptonight fork with a better, anon Dev team based in UA (see around #540 on CMC)...
They've merged the CLI+GUI and are steadily rolling out enhancements...
Instead of spending all their time sucking their own cock on Twitter like Fluffy.

At least XSPEC has a 1st class wallet which is something that matters to humans.

Actually I am pretty sure that the NEW wallet 1.4 that we are all waiting for, will raise the bar for wallets of anon coins to new heights!

Would you tell us the name of the secret new coin you are referring to? Just for research Wink Also note that Spectrecoin still has the advantage of being PoS, which will win the game against PoW in the long term I think. So actually Monero is not really a competitor for us. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero...

Not true.

I'm not impressed by Monero...
Its wallet is unusable by normal people and prone to error...
Their requirement that you run a CLI + GUI is incredibly badly implemented...
Every time they do an upgrade you get a shitshow on Reddit with corrupted blockchains and lost coins.

There is a cryptonight fork with a better, anon Dev team based in UA (see around #540 on CMC)...
They've merged the CLI+GUI and are steadily rolling out enhancements...
Instead of spending all their time sucking their own cock on Twitter like Fluffy.

At least XSPEC has a 1st class wallet which is something that matters to humans.
Activity: 137
Merit: 1
So everyone is having Cryptopia withdraw problems??  I too have coins that I tried to send on the 14th that are just stuck there.  This does not look good for them or us!
Yes, this seems to be a problem with Cryptopia at the moment unfortunately. Hopefully it gets resolved quite soon.
Activity: 63
Merit: 2
So everyone is having Cryptopia withdraw problems??  I too have coins that I tried to send on the 14th that are just stuck there.  This does not look good for them or us!
Activity: 406
Spectrecoin looks set to grow big and fast in the year to come

proof  https://bravenewcoin.com/news/dash-monero-zcash-and-more-anonymous-cryptocurrencies-explained/
Activity: 137
i think one of the most important for short and long term is to get XSPEC onto a bigger exchange like binance or bittrex
Believe me, they have most definitely been trying to get listed on a larger exchange such a a Binance or Bittrex. There are a ton of underlying factors with exchange listings that the public do not realize.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
TOR + OBFS4 usable thing?

Don't know what you mean, but I guess the answer is non-the-less yes.

Tor to allow stealth transmission without the ability to track IP, and OBFS4 to obfuscate the Tor service and thus make it available in countries which are blocking Tor itself (e.g. in China).

XSPEC uses both and it is proven to work.
Activity: 14
Can this be purchased on binance?

No. Such a private coin, like XSPEC, is not designed for exchanges which KYC are necessary.
It's the same that there is no Bittrex for XSPEC.

Sound not good, but it's true. 
Every year on the market all the developed and improved projects, let's hope that Spectrecoin it will really be necessary in the future
Activity: 14
TOR + OBFS4 usable thing?
anc
Activity: 10
Yes, been waiting over 60hrs+ on Cryptopia to process.

Damn, 60 hours now here too. =/
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
While all coins are flying,i'm still waiting spectrecoin to pump but what? its even losing value everyday!

All coins? About 1/4th of all coins are in the red. XSPEC is still 4 times the level it was just 7 weeks ago. And if you simply look for a pump, I can suggest you the same as I suggested the other fellow : join a pump-and-dump group.

New wallet will be out soon and major features upgrades will be available in Q2. So if you have the guts to hold, I'm sure you will be handsomely rewarded for your patience. There is no short-term game here.

Not true about 1/4th of all coins being in the red.
In top 100 only 3 coins are red and 2 of them are some shit coins which I've seen for the first time, 1 is ETC which has been pumped quite a bit in the past few days.
I have invested in 7 coins and SpectreCoin is the only one being red.
Face it, SpectreCoin is losing value because it's a very high risk coin and developers are not doing anything to help promote its future.

Excuse me, can I ask any question?
How many XSPEC did you buy?
At what price?

If you loss the faith on it, just dump it. Please do it. Why do you hesitate?
Activity: 53
Yes, been waiting over 60hrs+ on Cryptopia to process.

anc
Activity: 10
Anyone else over there is having withdraw problems with Cryptopia?
I bough some coins 2 days ago and the withdraw have been processing since then. It have been over 48h already.
Merit: 11

Well real anonymity is very hard to get. First of all tor is not anonymous. It offers some degree of protection but there are many known attacks (starting from corelation attacks on corrupt exit nodes and zero days vulnerabilities in tor browser to isolation attacks on hidden services) that can be used to reveal both users as well as hidden services as evidenced by the large number of arrests and raids related to darkweb websites. I think they close a marketplace every month Smiley

That being said if you want to be truly anonymous you will always combine several measures such as
- tor (which is probably the only legal one and least secure + most likely to get spied on corrupt exit nodes)
- chaining proxies on hacked servers (that you know for sure keep no logs) - this is the easiest

Indeed. Real anonymity and privacy is very hard. That's why you need always many complementary components to play together, and that's why there is no "one best" solution (it always comes down to a series of compromises). And I understand now what you meant by the link between illegal activities and anonymity. Although I believe you can still achieve very high level of anonymity even without resorting to illegal means.

Now, you mention chaining proxies (and other similar measures) ... but in the context of XSPEC what for? Since XSPEC is natively on Tor it never leaves the the network and never uses exit nodes. That's one of the great features, which other coins that have the wallet outside Tor and use Tor for transportation don't have. Or did I miss your point?

to be honest I haven't looked much into how these tor bridges like obfs or meek work, but my understanding is they are built on the hidden service concept which we already know is not something bulletproof.

Anyway my post was not necessarily meant to highlight a problem for xspec. For all I care it could have no transport anonymity at all. Those that really care know how to do that and are already doing it when using monero. The important thing is that transactions cannot be linked together or tracked to an exchange.

It was just a general comment on what staying anonymous means (in connection with what was said about the devs staying anonymous because they are afraid). I've seen a lot of wild claims in general on the forum and somehow people are mixing the idea of privacy from companies and prying eyes (which can easily be achieved with a set of security good practices) with anonymity from a government (which means fighting a system that was built around tracking you - and with good reason I might add)

Merit: 47

Well real anonymity is very hard to get. First of all tor is not anonymous. It offers some degree of protection but there are many known attacks (starting from corelation attacks on corrupt exit nodes and zero days vulnerabilities in tor browser to isolation attacks on hidden services) that can be used to reveal both users as well as hidden services as evidenced by the large number of arrests and raids related to darkweb websites. I think they close a marketplace every month Smiley

That being said if you want to be truly anonymous you will always combine several measures such as
- tor (which is probably the only legal one and least secure + most likely to get spied on corrupt exit nodes)
- chaining proxies on hacked servers (that you know for sure keep no logs) - this is the easiest

Indeed. Real anonymity and privacy is very hard. That's why you need always many complementary components to play together, and that's why there is no "one best" solution (it always comes down to a series of compromises). And I understand now what you meant by the link between illegal activities and anonymity. Although I believe you can still achieve very high level of anonymity even without resorting to illegal means.

Now, you mention chaining proxies (and other similar measures) ... but in the context of XSPEC what for? Since XSPEC is natively on Tor it never leaves the the network and never uses exit nodes. That's one of the great features, which other coins that have the wallet outside Tor and use Tor for transportation don't have. Or did I miss your point?
Merit: 11
But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

Really amazing stuff, if you ask me.

monero is at a point where it has a very large community with some 200+ individuals contributing code. It would be virtually impossible at this point to track down the entire "team" and prevent somebody to fork the project and carry on. It doesn't even matter now who started it. And generally that is the best approach because to be honest tracking an individual nowadays is pretty easy. Real anonymity is very hard to achieve these days and only through very illegal means. Even then it's a matter of how hard the said government is trying to get you and if they are willing to play dirty or not

FYI there are other coins with anonymous devs (see skycoin) and it's not generally perceived as an advantage.

A large community of developers is not necessarily a good thing: aside from loss of agility and flexibility (there is a required overhead for coordination and governance to ensure the work of 200 developer are aligned), having that many developers means there will be specialization as well, which means it's possible to compromise the entire system by compromising a small group. Having 200 developers is NOT the same as having 200 levels of redundancy (which indeed would give some form of security against compromising).

And "virtually impossible" is not impossible for a government agency with pretty much unlimited resources.

Curious what you think the link is between achieving real anonymity and taking illegal actions? Why would one be related to the other?

I agree that in general and for "usual" project anonymity is a disadvantage. For the ultimate privacy, I am still convinced it's an advantage.

- renting compromised machines from botnet owners and proxying traffic
- rent "bulletproof" hosting from the likes of Russian business network (and you would have to trust some really shady people)
- war-driving around town and using unsuspecting people's wireless networks (hard because you would need to avoid cameras and not frequent the same areas)
- buy prepaid cards with 3G/4G from the dark web (getting a sufficient number of cards will be expensive + you will need to be on the move as cell phone towers log locations)
- sniff gsm traffic and clone phones around your cell and use their data plans (you will be on the move again + buying expensive equipment to spoof cell towers + having an adrenaline rush when you get the said equipment which is illegal to own in most countries from your postoffice + I don't think you can inject anything more then GSM traffic since anything newer then GPRS is encrypted)

As you can see most of the methods above are likely to get you into trouble themselves, so I guess if you have a real reason to hide from the government you need to put in time, effort and money. The internet is not designed for anonymity.

Let me know if I missed something obvious that would let you hide from a warrant or worse a determined government agency willing to play dirty

Pages:
Jump to: