Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 32. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It is great coin, much more secure than many else, if I correct understanding technical details.
Somebody wrote above, that in near future anonymous coins will have high demand, and I agree with that.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
thanks for your answer.
what i meant with "whole time" is that i initially had to wait one month for the first reward which wasn't accepted unfortunately.
now is it possible that i have to wait for another month to get another reward (which is hopefully accepted then) or is the possibility bigger now to get something earlier?
i mean if the chances of getting a reward have increased because of that not accepted reward or got my chances "reset"?

No, your chances are the same every day, they only depend on the amount of coins you have.

my other point was if "coin control" and "active wallet" have also impact on the staking like it is the case for other coins or not?

I don't think so.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
i will add another 100 xspec very soon, then it would be a little more than 500 staking.

my connection is steady and reliable and my wallet is almost staking 24/7 with a few interruptions sometimes.
are these few interruptions very bad for the staking?

concerning the not accepted reward, will i have to wait the whole time again now for the next possible reward or will it take less time now because it wasn't accepted before?

how many connections would be the optimum?
i have usually about 20 connections.
is that enough or should i try to increase the amount of connections by adding more nodes?

how about keeping the wallet "active" (not just open for staking)?
for another coin i have read that it was good to keep the wallet active by doing little transactions, i.e. sending a certain amount back to exchange and then back to wallet while coins are maturing after doing coin control.
this is supposed to boost the stake rewards.
does anyone know about this?

Interruptions in being online don't have a big influence, the only thing that's significant is the total time you are online.

There is no "whole time" you have to wait again, it's all random. The displayed time is the estimated average waiting time for people with a similar amount of coins.

20 connections is perfectly fine. 1-2 connections would be enough for being able to stake.

You are staking inputs, not coins. If you have received a new input, it is excluded from staking for a certain time, so it is best to just leave your coins sitting in your wallet and wait.
thanks for your answer.
what i meant with "whole time" is that i initially had to wait one month for the first reward which wasn't accepted unfortunately.
now is it possible that i have to wait for another month to get another reward (which is hopefully accepted then) or is the possibility bigger now to get something earlier?
i mean if the chances of getting a reward have increased because of that not accepted reward or got my chances "reset"?

my other point was if "coin control" and "active wallet" have also impact on the staking like it is the case for other coins or not?
Coin Mage
i will add another 100 xspec very soon, then it would be a little more than 500 staking.

my connection is steady and reliable and my wallet is almost staking 24/7 with a few interruptions sometimes.

concerning the not accepted reward, will i have to wait the whole time again now for the next possible reward or will it take less time now because it wasn't accepted before?

is that enough or should i try to increase the amount of connections by adding more nodes?

for another coin i have read that it was good to keep the wallet active by doing little transactions, i.e. sending a certain amount back to exchange and then back to wallet while coins are maturing after doing coin control.

Interruptions in being online don't have a big influence, the only thing that's significant is the total time you are online.

There is no "whole time" you have to wait again, it's all random. The displayed time is the estimated average waiting time for people with a similar amount of coins.

20 connections is perfectly fine. 1-2 connections would be enough for being able to stake.

You are staking inputs, not coins. If you have received a new input, it is excluded from staking for a certain time, so it is best to just leave your coins sitting in your wallet and wait.
Just over 400 xspec is a little low for stake rewards.
you didn't mention is your wallet running 24/7 and if your connection is steady and reliable.
That's very important in staking PoS coins.

As far as being accepted....that is just bad luck.
It's the equivalent of mining a stale block on a PoW blockchain.
Another wallet earned the reward before you did.

Coin Mage
yep i dont quite  follow the tech side of it. but is looks like they made a speical  linux wallet that u can install on the tails precentent volume .Here is the link https://deeponion.org/community/threads/tutorial-deeponion-in-tails-persistent-volume.29724/  .Maybe spectre can follow suit  Grin

Hmm, I am not entirely convinced that this is a good idea ...  Roll Eyes Reading this made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. But thanks for sharing!

Essentially, this is not how TAILS should be used. The "amnesic" part of it is very important, if you download third party binaries and store them in a persistent volume, you should better just use a normal linux distribution and encrypt the hard disk. Otherwise it will give you a false sense of security.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Now, good time for buy. Amazing
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
I think they will both do very well.It great to have some healthy competition and having both coins pushing themselves to raise the bar .Spectre comes out with stealth addresses deeponion reply with a wallet that can be installed on tails .It is just brilliant to watch  .

Could you explain what makes DeepOnion more able to be installed on Tails than Spectrecoin? Honestly curious.

yep i dont quite  follow the tech side of it. but is looks like they made a speical  linux wallet that u can install on the tails precentent volume .Here is the link https://deeponion.org/community/threads/tutorial-deeponion-in-tails-persistent-volume.29724/  .Maybe spectre can follow suit  Grin
Coin Mage
Maybe i invest in this coin.
Boes this coin have its own community forum ?

https://discordapp.com/invite/pteDyhF

What is discord?
I ask about forum, but this is app...

We don't have our own community forum. Discord is a chat system like Slack, with multiple channels and the messages are stored permanently, so it's similar to a forum.  Wink
Activity: 369
Merit: 252
Maybe i invest in this coin.
Boes this coin have its own community forum ?

https://discordapp.com/invite/pteDyhF

What is discord?
I ask about forum, but this is app...
Activity: 17
My Spectre wallet is stuck at block 560375 for a day although it has 44 active connections to the network. Do you guys have the same problem?

Try this: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#my-wallet-has-stopped-syncing

Probably your Spectrecoin wallet closed unexpectedly.

Thank you for your help! It works now!
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
Well, this is a thread about SpectreCoin [xspec] and not what else you may have high hopes for.
In the past here, we have had to endure some negative things from users that thought they had found "the next great thing" in a free airdrop coin and a few other projects. We would appreciate leaving that at the door.
 Nothing more nothing less......so yes there are some hard feelings around here.

Mainly though....its crypto guys....you pay your money and you take your chances.
Do what is best for each of you. You may feel you have the best mix of coins out of the over 1500 out there....Great!
NOWHERE are you guaranteed anything though....nowhere.

Yes, diversification works, but what works even better is picking crypto with a good risk/reward ratio...
So why does XSPEC have a good risk/reward ratio on Feb 21st?

(1)  hardcore group of investors from the beginning that are still here

(2)  nice pedigree shadowcoin fork with slow, but steady, development + creative roadmap

(3)  3 separate pumps including a massive $1 million/day volume blowoff in Dec-Jan, they will be back

(4)  today 0.000103, down about 70% from ridiculous pump highs in the midst of general alt selloff

(5)  anon coins should have a good year in 2018

Just accumulate and swing trade this bitch... then sell into the next Pump Smiley

yes and no. You forgot to list the risks (in order of importance in my mind):

1. the biggest risk of the coin: the risk that stealth staking may not be possible. It is a big selling point of xspec and partially included in the market price. If for some reason in Q2 we find out it is not feasible there will be a drop. How big I don't know, but that's the risk. I for one know I'm going to dump if that happens, and there will likely be other with the same reasoning

2. lack of developer stake in the project to offer significant motivation to succeed. Without much to gain they can always pack their toys and leave.

3. Lack of budget for development and marketing. Technology can only take you so far. Life is not fair. Being the best doesn't guarantee recognition. From experience (I work in IT), the actual product is a very small part of the effort required to obtain success (less then 10%). The rest is a good business plan, networking (knowing the right people), strong marketing. In general it takes money to make money.

4. Since the developers are not known we have no idea of their background, skills, experience or connections. If there is one thing I learned in my 12 years of experience in a big corporation is that when it comes to acquisitions and procurements, decisions are more frequently taken on a golf course than in a meeting room with architects. The former will always override the latter. How convincing are our devs when it comes to generation adoption for the coin? Have they ever "sold" anyone an idea?

5. There are a huge number of privacy coins out there (google it. There is a list with 20+ coins), there is a risk of not differentiating sufficiently (or people not understanding them) from the rest and falling to obscurity. The top 3 coins (dash, zcash and monero) already have market adoption and real life usage so we are already starting as the underdog

6. a generic risk for all privacy coins: there is a chance of crackdown on everything related to anonymity, either for tax reasons or fear (or crime, terrorism funding etc). If that happens privacy coins may remain a small niche in the dark web and even that depending on how heavy the punishment is. If your government says you are laundering money by buying monero or xspec you will not risk jail for it, period.

7. (please don't take offense reading the following!) The community is less mature then on many other projects and tends to become aggressive very quickly (I've had my head bitten off here for innocent remarks way too many times already). I don't know the history on how this came to be but it raises the question on how far can the community take the coin (the devs will not be able to do everything - after a point the community must pickup the challenge - see monero) with the current maturity level.

That being said I think xspec is a high risk - high reward project. If I was to compare it with other projects, I'd say it's risker then most but also has more potential then most. I've sized it in my portfolio according to this risk reward analysis.
Coin Mage
My Spectre wallet is stuck at block 560375 for a day although it has 44 active connections to the network. Do you guys have the same problem?

Try this: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#my-wallet-has-stopped-syncing

Probably your Spectrecoin wallet closed unexpectedly.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251

everything works fine
Activity: 17
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Just over 400 xspec is a little low for stake rewards.
you didn't mention is your wallet running 24/7 and if your connection is steady and reliable.
That's very important in staking PoS coins.

As far as being accepted....that is just bad luck.
It's the equivalent of mining a stale block on a PoW blockchain.
Another wallet earned the reward before you did.
i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong with staking (windows wallet) or if i'm just having bad luck.
i am staking 410 spectrecoins for a month now and didn't get any stake reward yet.
yesterday i got my first reward (about 2.5 spectre) but it hasn't been accepted (so still nothing yet).
is this normal or just bad luck?
is there any option to improve my staking?
Coin Mage
I think they will both do very well.It great to have some healthy competition and having both coins pushing themselves to raise the bar .Spectre comes out with stealth addresses deeponion reply with a wallet that can be installed on tails .It is just brilliant to watch  .

Could you explain what makes DeepOnion more able to be installed on Tails than Spectrecoin? Honestly curious.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Well, this is a thread about SpectreCoin [xspec] and not what else you may have high hopes for.
In the past here, we have had to endure some negative things from users that thought they had found "the next great thing" in a free airdrop coin and a few other projects. We would appreciate leaving that at the door.
 Nothing more nothing less......so yes there are some hard feelings around here.

Mainly though....its crypto guys....you pay your money and you take your chances.
Do what is best for each of you. You may feel you have the best mix of coins out of the over 1500 out there....Great!
NOWHERE are you guaranteed anything though....nowhere.

Yes, diversification works, but what works even better is picking crypto with a good risk/reward ratio...
So why does XSPEC have a good risk/reward ratio on Feb 21st?

(1)  hardcore group of investors from the beginning that are still here

(2)  nice pedigree shadowcoin fork with slow, but steady, development + creative roadmap

(3)  3 separate pumps including a massive $1 million/day volume blowoff in Dec-Jan, they will be back

(4)  today 0.000103, down about 70% from ridiculous pump highs in the midst of general alt selloff

(5)  anon coins should have a good year in 2018

Just accumulate and swing trade this bitch... then sell into the next Pump Smiley

Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
Distribution isn't ideal, but this is true of most coins. Big dumps can and will happen, this is how distribution works and is accomplished. And the thing with whale dumps is they can only happen once and they are out of coins.
Pages:
Jump to: