Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 38. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 1
with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

I started to get into the details of XSPEC, and the more I know about it the more I am amazed about the comprehensiveness and completeness of it's privacy features, even without stealth staking. I now truly can say and defend that it's the best privacy coin out there, even surpassing Monero. Here is the gist:

1. Sender anonymity : Ring Signatures
2. Receiver anonymity : Dual Key Stealth Address
3. Transaction privacy : Automatic Transaction Splitting
4. IP level protection : TOR based
5. Quantum resistant : Proof of Stake
6. Resistant against compromising of key individuals : identities of core team unknown

Most advanced privacy coins offer features 1 and 2, using various methods. A smaller number add either one or two of the features 3, 4 and 5. But AFAIK, none adds all 3. (Deeponion fans might claim they add all 3 features, which could be true, but they also include Proof-of-Work which introduces several vulnerabilities). But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

Really amazing stuff, if you ask me.
100% agree. That is why I keep spectrum, periodically replenishing supply. My planning horizon is at least 1 year, so I do not pay attention to the price change, and only glad that I can buy more for less money, while there is such an opportunity.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

I started to get into the details of XSPEC, and the more I know about it the more I am amazed about the comprehensiveness and completeness of it's privacy features, even without stealth staking. I now truly can say and defend that it's the best privacy coin out there, even surpassing Monero. Here is the gist:

1. Sender anonymity : Ring Signatures
2. Receiver anonymity : Dual Key Stealth Address
3. Transaction privacy : Automatic Transaction Splitting
4. IP level protection : TOR based
5. Quantum resistant : Proof of Stake (with stealth staking feature)
6. Resistant against compromising of key individuals : identities of core team unknown

Most advanced privacy coins offer features 1 and 2, using various methods. A smaller number add either one or two of the features 3, 4 and 5. But AFAIK, none adds all 3. (Deeponion fans might claim they add all 3 features, which could be true, but they also include Proof-of-Work which introduces several vulnerabilities). But no other privacy coin - NONE WHATSOEVER - has an unknown development team. Think about it: should a powerful government want to crack down on Monero or DeepOnion, for instance, they could infiltrate or even eliminate and replace the development team, since the project members are publicly known. XSPEC is protected even against such personal attacks.

Really amazing stuff, if you ask me.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
yeah i am looking forward to the stealth addresses being build into transactions  automatically .
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
with the obsf4 the team have shown that they deliver their promises  Grin iĺl trust them and am happy to wait for the stealth staking Smiley

Does it covered by the open source license somehow?

nop lol its called "open" Wink
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

There are great features planned, all of which you will find in the roadmap. Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)

It's a common mistake to think an asset price will explode after something on the road map is finished but in the real world things don't work like that. In general, if something has been announced (i.e. public knowledge) it's already included in the price. The only way for it to rise would be if people were unaware of it being on the road map.

I agree expecting XSpec to explode as soon as stealth staking is released is a bit of wishful thinking, but the whole "price factored in" argument of economic markets doesn't really hold water when it's a little known asset. I agree with the comment that XSpec will be mentioned more often once the stealth staking is available, which should help the price quite a bit.

Also, because there's no guarantee that stealth staking will work (considering it's never been done before) there's risk involved in investing at this point and that risk is also factored in to the current price. Once the stealth staking is actually working, the risk is obviously lowered significantly which should increase the price.

I am still not convinced that the market has already priced in stealth staking for instance. Whereas people might price in some hope about it, given the fact that this is a feature which is nowhere else available and a large majority of people are still very sceptical whether it will be implemented or not, I would expect most of them are on the sideline, until it is proven that the approach works.

Thus, we are saying some something very similar, except that I believe the market to be cautious with such innovations, and thus has not priced in this feature to a significant extent at this point in time.

I agree 100%
Activity: 43
Does it covered by the open source license somehow?
I no longer trust xspec. The only thing you give is the theory  Angry

And I'm curious what changed for you since the 9th of February and today, just 4 days later. On the 9th you still wrote:

"I think anonymous coins like onion, xspec will explode this year 2018"

Did you get some onion and want to FUD xspec, or is there something else behind this change of mind?

Please be more specific. XSPEC is a living product that already now has one of the most advanced feature sets implemented (Tor, OBSF4, Ring Signatures, Dual-Key Stealth Address, PoS3). None of this is just "theory". You can download the wallet, get XSPEC and see for yourself. And very few other coins provide such a balanced set of privacy features.

So once again this is not just "theory".

There are great features planned, all of which you will find in the roadmap. Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

It's a common mistake to think an asset price will explode after something on the road map is finished but in the real world things don't work like that. In general, if something has been announced (i.e. public knowledge) it's already included in the price. The only way for it to rise would be if people were unaware of it being on the road map.

I agree expecting XSpec to explode as soon as stealth staking is released is a bit of wishful thinking, but the whole "price factored in" argument of economic markets doesn't really hold water when it's a little known asset. I agree with the comment that XSpec will be mentioned more often once the stealth staking is available, which should help the price quite a bit.

Also, because there's no guarantee that stealth staking will work (considering it's never been done before) there's risk involved in investing at this point and that risk is also factored in to the current price. Once the stealth staking is actually working, the risk is obviously lowered significantly which should increase the price.

I am still not convinced that the market has already priced in stealth staking for instance. Whereas people might price in some hope about it, given the fact that this is a feature which is nowhere else available and a large majority of people are still very sceptical whether it will be implemented or not, I would expect most of them are on the sideline, until it is proven that the approach works.

Thus, we are saying some something very similar, except that I believe the market to be cautious with such innovations, and thus has not priced in this feature to a significant extent at this point in time.
Activity: 76
Activity: 45

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
Is there any description available about how that OBFS4 tech precisely works? Is that some anon tech that XSPEC uses specifically or are there other coins using that, too? And on your OP you say it's anonymous almost anywhere in the world so I assume it depends you can use it anonymously wherever TOR offers exit nodes or what's the limitation to fully global anonymity, if any?

To understand OBSF4 in general, go to the Tor website :

https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en

AFAIK, only XSPEC has OBSF4 fully integrated.

XSPEC is "built" on TOR to anonymize the communication between nodes. Some countries (China in particular), however, is blocking TOR. To shield from such blocking attempts and make appear TOR communication as any other internet traffic, OBSF4 is used by TOR itself. XSPEC's technology leverages TOR and OBSF4 in its core.

It is thus the only coin that has inherently the same level of anonymity as TOR communications in general, but cannot be blocked. (Actually, one small but important point is that since TOR is integral to XSPEC and XSPEC transactions never leave the TOR network, XSPEC cannot be attacked at the TOR exit nodes, like other coins which simply use TOR for transportation)

I am not really an expert but it does indeed sound interesting from a technological standpoint. Should have paid some closer attention to you guys earlier on. Might be a good time to get into XSPEC now as you already crossed the $100 million in the past. Are there any major development milestones coming up or what's the future holding for XSPEC?

Compared to where XSPEC started (from a price / market cap perspective), it already experienced a stellar growth, that is true. But compared to where XSPEC is currently compared to the better known (but technically often inferior) privacy coins, the real growth has not even started yet.

Thank you pkv444 for all the information. I am going to look deeper into XSPEC and study the coin quite a bit. I'll get back to you if I have more questions! Smiley
When can xspec get to a bigger exchange?

You can find the official answer here:

https://spectreproject.io/faq/#block7
Activity: 44
When can xspec get to a bigger exchange?
Activity: 183
is the wallet now fully working? which version ?
1.3.5 work good
Activity: 44
is the wallet now fully working? which version ?

You are right but also you are not.
It is true that it is includet in the price, but when the feature finally appear, maybe itself does not help the price to go up, but it is more likely that more news will appear about this coin so more people will get to know this coin and price is going UP.

I would think it depends on the novelty feature: something that is new to the product but otherwise proven to work, the initial announcement might be sufficient to trigger a price increase and then nothing else anymore. However, if it's a feature (such as stealh staking, or wallet with staking feature), which is unique and "new to the world", the initial announcement might lead to some smallish price increase. When the technology is released and proves to work, then the large price increase will happen.
Activity: 23

You are right but also you are not.
It is true that it is includet in the price, but when the feature finally appear, maybe itself does not help the price to go up, but it is more likely that more news will appear about this coin so more people will get to know this coin and price is going UP.
Merit: 11

Activity: 64
Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

Yes, those features sound awesome, especially mobile wallet with staking capability.
Pages:
Jump to: