Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 39. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
are there plans or discussions to reduce the staking fee? i think 5% is to high, cryptocoins and inflation arent big friends...

I agree. Maybe when valuations will be higher the inflation rate will be reduced, as it seems it is an accepted possibility.

Activity: 19
I am a long time hodler of xspec and a fan. I really hope to see spectre in new bigger exchanges as a step forward. As far as the technological part is concerned I have complete faith in our developers
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
Is there any description available about how that OBFS4 tech precisely works? Is that some anon tech that XSPEC uses specifically or are there other coins using that, too? And on your OP you say it's anonymous almost anywhere in the world so I assume it depends you can use it anonymously wherever TOR offers exit nodes or what's the limitation to fully global anonymity, if any?

To understand OBSF4 in general, go to the Tor website :

https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en

AFAIK, only XSPEC has OBSF4 fully integrated.

XSPEC is "built" on TOR to anonymize the communication between nodes. Some countries (China in particular), however, is blocking TOR. To shield from such blocking attempts and make appear TOR communication as any other internet traffic, OBSF4 is used by TOR itself. XSPEC's technology leverages TOR and OBSF4 in its core.

It is thus the only coin that has inherently the same level of anonymity as TOR communications in general, but cannot be blocked. (Actually, one small but important point is that since TOR is integral to XSPEC and XSPEC transactions never leave the TOR network, XSPEC cannot be attacked at the TOR exit nodes, like other coins which simply use TOR for transportation)

I am not really an expert but it does indeed sound interesting from a technological standpoint. Should have paid some closer attention to you guys earlier on. Might be a good time to get into XSPEC now as you already crossed the $100 million in the past. Are there any major development milestones coming up or what's the future holding for XSPEC?

I cannot stress enough how significant the stealth staking innovation is. Jbg quoted last year that when this is implemented, Spectrecoin will be 'hands down the most anonymous cryptocurrency on the market.' It has been mentioned that a prototype has been released in testing for this. We certainly don't want another Cloakcoin here with release promises.
Activity: 275
One easy way we can make it well aware by many out there, let's go in Stakeunited  discord channel and vote XSPEC as a coin to add their pooling.  That pooling has been growing faster and we get many folks to buy and deposit for staking. Think about it. I've been asking to add, but not many people out there.

Activity: 252
Merit: 47
how we can get xspec to monero market cap Huh Huh

Help spread the word (without spamming), ask your favority YouTuber or blogger to review XSPEC, etc. etc. XSPEC technology is convincing enough, once people know about it.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)
Activity: 29
how we can get xspec to monero market cap Huh Huh
Activity: 6
I hope that I will have time to buy more coins, until it began to rise in price to the moon.
Is there any description available about how that OBFS4 tech precisely works? Is that some anon tech that XSPEC uses specifically or are there other coins using that, too? And on your OP you say it's anonymous almost anywhere in the world so I assume it depends you can use it anonymously wherever TOR offers exit nodes or what's the limitation to fully global anonymity, if any?

XSPEC is "built" on TOR to anonymize the communication between nodes. Some countries (China in particular), however, is blocking TOR. To shield from such blocking attempts and make appear TOR communication as any other internet traffic, OBSF4 is used by TOR itself. XSPEC's technology leverages TOR and OBSF4 in its core.

It is thus the only coin that has inherently the same level of anonymity as TOR communications in general, but cannot be blocked. (Actually, one small but important point is that since TOR is integral to XSPEC and XSPEC transactions never leave the TOR network, XSPEC cannot be attacked at the TOR exit nodes, like other coins which simply use TOR for transportation)

I am not really an expert but it does indeed sound interesting from a technological standpoint. Should have paid some closer attention to you guys earlier on. Might be a good time to get into XSPEC now as you already crossed the $100 million in the past. Are there any major development milestones coming up or what's the future holding for XSPEC?

Compared to where XSPEC started (from a price / market cap perspective), it already experienced a stellar growth, that is true. But compared to where XSPEC is currently compared to the better known (but technically often inferior) privacy coins, the real growth has not even started yet.

There are great features planned, all of which you will find in the roadmap. Two of my personal favorites which have the power to catapult XSPEC into the stratosphere and beyond are Stealth Staking and the mobile wallet with staking capability.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
are there plans or discussions to reduce the staking fee? i think 5% is to high, cryptocoins and inflation arent big friends...

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#can-we-reduce--increase-the-staking-reward

You should read the wiki article: https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin

All of this is explained there, if there are any questions remaining, just ask! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
Coin Mage
Which is the current version for usage on MacOS? On the website it says coming soon on github 1.3.6 and 1.3.5 is available. It would be nice if users could rely on the website. Which is the current official version?

You can use the version from either ... I'm not sure why JBG hasn't put it on the website yet.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Activity: 55
Merit: 3
Which is the current version for usage on MacOS? On the website it says coming soon on github 1.3.6 and 1.3.5 is available. It would be nice if users could rely on the website. Which is the current official version?
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
Thanks, I had exactly the same problem and now it works for me. Seems like you are involved into this project. Do you know anything about how Stealth Staking will be implemented?

I'm just a long-time community member. The Stealth Staking mechanism is a secret for now, for the reasons someone named earlier.

All community member wait when xspec receive Stealth Staking and we believe that this will be happened. Sweet time for xspec Kiss holders  
Coin Mage
Thanks, I had exactly the same problem and now it works for me. Seems like you are involved into this project. Do you know anything about how Stealth Staking will be implemented?

I'm just a long-time community member. The Stealth Staking mechanism is a secret for now, for the reasons someone named earlier.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
I have make a new "Data" Directory inside the Spectrecoin Directory - but it doesn't help :-/

C'mon, you're a legendary member.  Tongue

Rename the Spectrecoin data directory, create a new one, and copy over your wallet.dat. Then start the wallet, so it will sync from scratch. If it is stuck, then probably your blockchain data got messed up.
Coin Mage
Ok i have renamed the Direcctory and backuped the wallet.dat - started again spectre and on the startup i becoming this errorscreen : Timeout waiting for onion hostname

Okay that's a different problem. You are mining for an .onion hostname in order to prevent sybil attacks. On some systems, the timeout is too short. Just restart your wallet, until a name is found.

Created an issue here: https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre/issues/15
legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271
Ok i have renamed the Direcctory and backuped the wallet.dat - started again spectre and on the startup i becoming this errorscreen : Timeout waiting for onion hostname

EDIT: Restarted the PC - now it works - Thank You Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: