Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 41. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

VOTING TIME!!!  REMINDER!!!!

Leave your wallets for what it is and VOTE!!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I´m getting this, my staking power should be much higher, I don ´t have any coins reserved for "not staking"

Activity: 406
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Is this true? Is this how the POS interest works?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/proof-stake-pos.asp

Sounds like you need to learn more about crypto currencies ...Google is your friend....For PoW coins...the miners provide the network. Fewer miners means slower network and slow transactions. Their reward is a share of a block or perhaps the whole block.

The folks holding and staking are providing the network and assuring steady,fast transaction times. Their reward is their stake.

People DO have a choice you know, to stake or not stake.
But, somebody has to do something or there's no network.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Is this true? Is this how the POS interest works? This is really bad news for regular investors who are not stalking...

I thought the interest is 5%, and if only 1/3 of the coins are used for stalking, than the total inflation would be only 1.66%

That would mean lower inflation. It's really unfair for those who are not stalking if the system works as you describe it. If some people get 10% to 20% interest while others get zero, the difference is very big. 5% vs zero would be more fair.

It's meant to be an incentive to support the network, it's not meant to be fair. Some coins have 25% or even 100% per year. 5% isn't a lot actually. If you feel like you are missing out, just set up a Raspberry Pi for staking, or let the wallet automatically start on operating system start on your PC.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Now, and finally, the system-wide interest is fixed at 5% (i.e. 5% of approx. 21m = 1.2m per year at present),  but this amount is spread among the staking population only, and thus, on an individual wallet level, the effective interest received is currently somewhere between 10% and 20%

Is this true? Is this how the POS interest works? This is really bad news for regular investors who are not stalking...

I thought the interest is 5%, and if only 1/3 of the coins are used for stalking, than the total inflation would be only 1.66%

That would mean lower inflation. It's really unfair for those who are not stalking if the system works as you describe it. If some people get 10% to 20% interest while others get zero, the difference is very big. 5% vs zero would be more fair.

Considering that the stakers are the ones to keep the network going, it is fair that they get interests out of it.
It is the same with Pow coins, miners get rewarded for their efforts, and not the others.

In any case staking is very easy to set up compared to mining. You just need to leave a wallet running on a computer. You could also do it from a VPS. + a few post above, an exchange allowing staking from the exchange wallet was mentionned, which would be even easier to use (never tried it though)
Activity: 64
Now, and finally, the system-wide interest is fixed at 5% (i.e. 5% of approx. 21m = 1.2m per year at present),  but this amount is spread among the staking population only, and thus, on an individual wallet level, the effective interest received is currently somewhere between 10% and 20%

Activity: 378
Merit: 107
BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk
My Spectrewallet 1.3.5. is no more syncing - it hangs on syncing - anybody got a solution ?
Yesterday staking & syncing no problems - i got no error - but it hangs on syncing.
Same with me

Try in the debug console the command :

Code:
rewindchain 1000
If this doesn't work for you guys, you could go to the discord #support channel:
https://discord.gg/pteDyhF
Activity: 77
any plan for smart contracts?
Activity: 23
My Spectrewallet 1.3.5. is no more syncing - it hangs on syncing - anybody got a solution ?
Yesterday staking & syncing no problems - i got no error - but it hangs on syncing.
Same with me
legendary
SpectreCoin Logo Contest
Calling all Artists:  The New Logo contest is officially open.

Make your submission via email to: [email protected]
Deadline: Monday, 12th Feb, 8pm GMT
Parameters as follows:
- ghost based logos
- colour: one black and white, and one grey scale
- format: one in square badge, one in a circular badge, one as standalone with no borders
- both png and original format (.ai)

Next steps: Once the deadline passes, the submissions will be reviewed. Depending on the amount of submissions received, Top X (to be determined) will be presented to the community voting.
legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271
Activity: 158
Merit: 20
Most old,new and prospective members should enjoy this.....by @trainasauruswrecks of the SpectreCoin community. This is what being community based means.....contributions like this are what make SpectreCoin great!

Very nice!
This guy put alot of effort in making this flyer. Now it's time to show mutual respect and spread it all across the internet!
legendary
Most old,new and prospective members should enjoy this.....by @trainasauruswrecks of the SpectreCoin community. This is what being community based means.....contributions like this are what make SpectreCoin great!

Activity: 252
Merit: 47
i've been staking for 6 days now, but still no reward... how's this possible. The wallet is 80% of the day open for staking.

Use the following shortcut to calculate the hours until first stake rewards (assuming 5% reward)

350400 / Number of XSPEC = Hours till first Stake

To expect to receive a stake in less than 6 days, you need to hold more than 2500 XSPEC.

(Calculation is only approximative. In particular, the real return right now is more like 10%, so the number of XSPEC needed would be in the order of 1250. On the otherhand, there is also the luck factor which needs to be accounted for)
You currently need 14600 XSPEC to see staking rewards everyday (365 times a year). Here are some formulas and math:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7vay51/spectre_xspec_pos_v3_staking_metrics/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Actually the formula is inaccurate, because it makes the suppositions :
1) the amount of Spectrecoin is 20 000 000 (actually a tiny bit higher ~ 20,8M tokens)
2) All the XSPEC are in wallets and stacking.

In fact only a bit over 1/3rd of the total amount of spectre is stacking.
Therefore the reward is a bit under 3 times higher than the formula used above, and with 5-6k tokens you should average around 1 stake a day (as staking is also based on luck, it's an average, you might stake more or less depending on your luck)

The formula is exact, but assumes that the effective interest is 5%, as designed into the system. The amount of XSPEC in circulation plays no role in this calculation and under this assumption.

The question is, what the true interst received is. That is rather impossible to calculate without knowing exactly the amount of XSPEC in staking wallets and the total amount of XSPEC available. As indicated, the true interest varies continuously, and tends to be anywhere between 10% and 20% these days.

The interest rate in the OP states 5%. Are you saying that it depends on the amount of XSPEC in staking wallets? Why? Is there a formula for that so we can calculate the actual interest or the amount in staking wallets?

If it's really 10% or 20%, then the minimum needed to stake every day would be 7300 XSPEC or 3650 XSPEC respectively. Question is how do we know the other variables? Is there a page with the XSPEC current info?

Several points to make here:
  • If all XSPEC would be staked, the average return over the entire population would be exactly 5%. As 5% is a population mean, this means that on an individual level there could be some minor fluctuations at any given time, but across time, you would again expect to see 5% return even on an individual wallet level.
  • However, since not all XSPEC is being staked (e.g. some are on exchanges, some wallets are offline, some XSPEC might have been "lost" ...) the effective staking population is always smaller than the theoretical value.
  • Whereas I don't think it's possible to know exactly how much XSPEC is being staked at a given moment, the estimate provided above (1 / 3) sounds reasonable
  • Now, and finally, the system-wide interest is fixed at 5% (i.e. 5% of approx. 21m = 1.2m per year at present),  but this amount is spread among the staking population only, and thus, on an individual wallet level, the effective interest received is currently somewhere between 10% and 20%

The math and approach is in principle fairly simple. The fluctuations are the result of distributional features of the online (staking) and offline (non-staking) populations, which is a statistical quantity and therefore impossible to know in advance with high precision on the level of an individual wallet.
i've been staking for 6 days now, but still no reward... how's this possible. The wallet is 80% of the day open for staking.

Use the following shortcut to calculate the hours until first stake rewards (assuming 5% reward)

To expect to receive a stake in less than 6 days, you need to hold more than 2500 XSPEC.

(Calculation is only approximative. In particular, the real return right now is more like 10%, so the number of XSPEC needed would be in the order of 1250. On the otherhand, there is also the luck factor which needs to be accounted for)
You currently need 14600 XSPEC to see staking rewards everyday (365 times a year). Here are some formulas and math:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7vay51/spectre_xspec_pos_v3_staking_metrics/?ref=share&ref_source=link

1) the amount of Spectrecoin is 20 000 000 (actually a tiny bit higher ~ 20,8M tokens)

Therefore the reward is a bit under 3 times higher than the formula used above, and with 5-6k tokens you should average around 1 stake a day (as staking is also based on luck, it's an average, you might stake more or less depending on your luck)

The formula is exact, but assumes that the effective interest is 5%, as designed into the system. The amount of XSPEC in circulation plays no role in this calculation and under this assumption.

The question is, what the true interst received is. That is rather impossible to calculate without knowing exactly the amount of XSPEC in staking wallets and the total amount of XSPEC available. As indicated, the true interest varies continuously, and tends to be anywhere between 10% and 20% these days.

The interest rate in the OP states 5%. Are you saying that it depends on the amount of XSPEC in staking wallets? Why? Is there a formula for that so we can calculate the actual interest or the amount in staking wallets?

If it's really 10% or 20%, then the minimum needed to stake every day would be 7300 XSPEC or 3650 XSPEC respectively. Question is how do we know the other variables? Is there a page with the XSPEC current info?
Activity: 183
something seems to me that Bitcoin does not really fall .... too somehow slowly and controlled. It looks like a managed process.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: