Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 42. (Read 94854 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Have you read the website,roadmap and the coinwiki? All on the OP.
You might join the discord group and learn even more.  Wink
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Any information yet about the development?
Activity: 158
Merit: 20
@snowboard - you really should find someway to get your wallet to a machine that would keep it up 24/7.
shutting down your client for 4~5  hours a day will hurt your staking

I stake with my laptop....set up to never "sleep"....and other than closing the wallet to move between home and work for anywhere from 15~30 minutes it stakes pretty consistently.
current network weight is just over 6.4 million xspec....so you should consider that as well.

Thank you for your advice. I will look for a way to stake more stable.
legendary
@snowboard - you really should find someway to get your wallet to a machine that would keep it up 24/7.
shutting down your client for 4~5  hours a day will hurt your staking

I stake with my laptop....set up to never "sleep"....and other than closing the wallet to move between home and work for anywhere from 15~30 minutes it stakes pretty consistently.
current network weight is just over 6.4 million xspec....so you should consider that as well.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
i've been staking for 6 days now, but still no reward... how's this possible. The wallet is 80% of the day open for staking.

Use the following shortcut to calculate the hours until first stake rewards (assuming 5% reward)

350400 / Number of XSPEC = Hours till first Stake

To expect to receive a stake in less than 6 days, you need to hold more than 2500 XSPEC.

(Calculation is only approximative. In particular, the real return right now is more like 10%, so the number of XSPEC needed would be in the order of 1250. On the otherhand, there is also the luck factor which needs to be accounted for)
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
We've listed XSPEC on BTCPOP and I bought some my self to get the pooled staking a bit quicker started.
On BTCPOP you get staking rewards for all PoS coins you hold in your account and for coins in sell orders.
We've a lot PoS coins already on BTCPOP and keep adding more.
Soon we'll also offer shared Masternodes and a lot of Masternode coins.
i've been staking for 6 days now, but still no reward... how's this possible. The wallet is 80% of the day open for staking.
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk
Hey guys! BTW,

https://BTCPop.co/Exchange/XSPEC/

added XSPEC on their exchange! What's even cooler is that BTCPop is a "staking pool" so whoever has amounts too small to stake or still has issues with their Mac wallet (like me) can depsit there and their XSPEC will automatically start staking right away (no minimum amount to stake needed)

EDIT: Also in a "staking pool" you don't have to keep your computer on and connected to the intenet for your wallet to stake, since all that is done in the staking pool server!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Best time to reinvest now in Xspec before prizing is going straight up again. Dont hesitate folks.
Activity: 64
Merit: 3
Folks, do 100% donation. best for us all!
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage

Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley  A marketing budget is definitely planned for the case that staking donations increase (they are still relatively low, yet). There is really not so much of an official team here, everybody who contributes is part of the family! Wink I am also a community member and do these things for free, when I have the time for it. Everybody who learns about Spectrecoin can do this and help improving the outreach.

In my opinion no one does it for "free" theres always an reward behind everyones actions, if it isnt for money then it's for appreciation (from community/the team/family/etc..) or your own satisfaction

So! where's my 1 merit  Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Hehe, that's not how it works. Wink Unfortunately your opinion is not an objective truth...  Tongue
legendary
@snowboard - Only the devs are "paid" as such, now being funded by the user controlled donations via the latest wallet update.
Gandalf86, Rkh and many others including myself...donate our talents and time to grow the community and hopefully move SpectreCoin [xspec] along to take its rightful place as the "Premier Privacy Focused Cryptocurrency".
We appreciate you being a member of the SpectreCoin community.
legendary
Slack Community Members, Please note that the Slack community will be winding down this month.
Official shutdown of Slack channels will be February 28.

Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley  A marketing budget is definitely planned for the case that staking donations increase (they are still relatively low, yet). There is really not so much of an official team here, everybody who contributes is part of the family! Wink I am also a community member and do these things for free, when I have the time for it. Everybody who learns about Spectrecoin can do this and help improving the outreach.

In my opinion no one does it for "free" theres always an reward behind everyones actions, if it isnt for money then it's for appreciation (from community/the team/family/etc..) or your own satisfaction

So! where's my 1 merit  Cheesy Cheesy Wink
Coin Mage
Thanks Gandalf86,

i seems that you are quite activ on answering questions etc. much appreciated!

Maybe an possibility for the spectreteam (maybe you already part i dont know)  and the community to donate/provide you a budget for marketing ?
Reaching influencers to review xspec ?  (im not talking about paying for an paid ad. If more influencers are willing to analyse this project they will come to their own conclusion and promote it the way it deserves ...... just an idea..

Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley  A marketing budget is definitely planned for the case that staking donations increase (they are still relatively low, yet). There is really not so much of an official team here, everybody who contributes is part of the family! Wink I am also a community member and do these things for free, when I have the time for it. Everybody who learns about Spectrecoin can do this and help improving the outreach.
Thanks Gandalf86,

i seems that you are quite activ on answering questions etc. much appreciated!

Maybe an possibility for the spectreteam (maybe you already part i dont know)  and the community to donate/provide you a budget for marketing ?
Reaching influencers to review xspec ?  (im not talking about paying for an paid ad. If more influencers are willing to analyse this project they will come to their own conclusion and promote it the way it deserves ...... just an idea..
Coin Mage
staking for 2/3 days now (online almost 12 hours a day) but it keeps saying " time to reward 2 days".. is this the normal time ?

Im not in a hurry whatsoever, just asking  Cheesy

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake#why-does-the-expected-time-to-reward-keep-changing

If it stays the same then everything is normal as well.
staking for 2/3 days now (online almost 12 hours a day) but it keeps saying " time to reward 2 days".. is this the normal time ?

Im not in a hurry whatsoever, just asking  Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
A couple quibbles...

I am staking, however I find all this "hodling" and staking attitude really selfish. I'd like to keep my eyes on the prize. The prize being real market usage. A coin is not meant to be hold but to be spent. As a derivate trader would say, "the price is backed by the cash flow".

You may characterize accumulating a position and staking it as "selfish" -- with an implied normative judgment (I prefer to frame things using the "enlightened self-interest" model myself [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightened_self-interest]).  Something to consider too is that hoarding (or maintaining a reserve) also reduces the supply and increases the buying power for those looking to spend it.

However, consider that it's an individual's right to hold or spend as he or she chooses (as with any other form of private property that extends beyond simple habeas corpus [traditions justified and articulated at least as far back as John Locke -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_property#History -- with fundamental property-rights also evident in earlier legal codes such as the Code of Hammurabi, Roman Law, and Old Norse legal proceedings http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/society/text/laws.htm ]).

Your "prize" doesn't necessarily need to enter into the picture for everyone... the classical definitions of money include the three aspects of: store of value, unit of account, and means of exchange.  People are or should be free to keep some portion of XSPEC with the first mode even if the second and third is most meaningful to you (the second view in that list deals with the pricing mechanism between the monetary base [XSPEC or any other] and any other thing that can be voluntarily exchanged).

Also you misstated/oversimplified things in your derivatives example; something is a derivative based on an underlying object (you are actually referring to a second-order derivative [a derivative of a derivative]).  A stock option or a warrant, for instance, is based on the underlying stock price (although the option's price is usually determined from the more complicated Black-Scholes Equation).  The stock price itself is said to in the long run parallel the cash-flow of the underlying business (but take, for instance, Tesla's chart [or say a call-option on that stock]. Both the stock chart and a call-option on it during upswings have had phenomenal runs in recent years although there is no free cash flow from that business -- see the bottom line of the chart here: http://financials.morningstar.com/cash-flow/cf.html?t=TSLA®ion=usa&culture=en-US ). Amazon would have been a similar example for many years, as would many of the Nasdaq tech-stocks in the late 90s, or many biotech stocks a few years ago.   Price, in fact, is the aggregate of all the individual estimations of value of the given thing (sometimes based on cash flow -- if it's a business being referred to -- but, even then, not always).  Moreover, the distortion of prices through the fiat/credit system misprices things significantly in both the boom and the bust that this system induces.  (The theory is described more fully in the writings of economists such as Ludwig von Mises, Jesus Huerta de Soto, and Friedrich Bastiat.)

true, there are some good points here. I'd give some merit+ if I had any to give. I don't understand how that crappy system works.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
What is Spectercoin Coin?
Spectrecoin Coin is a cryptocurrency which deals with private financial transactions and private communication
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-spectercoin-coin.html
Pages:
Jump to: