Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 76. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
update : namewastaken
xspec growth this week's been amazing, i'm currently a very happy xspec hodler ever since i first bought at 0.28 usd
but i'm kinda worried about an upcoming correction because this kind of growth is not sustainable in the long run
are you guys selling some for profits or hodling it all?
kc.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
uh-huh
XSPEC doing great right now. Let's hope we can hold this growth Smiley.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I purchased a few XSPEC and have them staking in my wallet. Now I want to make sure that I am well defended against my computer crashing/getting stolen/hacked.

I have already backed up the wallet.dat and have it saved in a safe space. Does this action need to be repeated as coins are added through staking and purchasing new XSPEC?

I followed the quote below which I found in this thread. Thank you to the poster who wrote it!

1. Copy the wallet.dat file to a safe place. This is usually enough.
2. To be extra safe: Go to the debug console, and use the exportprivkey command to extract your private keys. Store them in a text file; if necessary encrypt the text file.

The exportprivkey command does not seem to be working for me in the debug console. Has the command changed?

I have a similar question as the wallet.dat; do I need to repeat this exportprivkey process as my wallet grows from staking and new XSPEC purchases?

If I encrypt my wallet performing what functions will require me to un-encrypt?

I ask because I would like to encrypt with a long and secure passphrase and store it in a undisclosed location. I don’t want to be running to said location every time I want to do something with my wallet. But if for example I only needed it when withdrawing from my wallet I'd be fine with it.

Most importantly are there any other security measures you recommend?

Lastly (I promise!) is there an easy way to find out how many coins are in circulation and how many are currently staking? I saw some one mention offhand that there are about 20 million in circulation but only 8 million are being staked.

I apologize for all the questions but I want to get this right because I see a very bright future for Spectre Coin and I want to ensure my investment is safe, especially after hearing all the stories about people losing millions in BTC to theft and stupidity.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Force Network - The Internet. Redefined

On week later, any news about the 1.3.4 version ?

I don't speak for the xspec developer but he said this:

"1.3.4 with the new autotools build system is planned for release this week, I'll be doing Mac and Windows build testing and fixes on Monday/Tuesday".

Very nice, thanks for the reply.
Activity: 246

I don't speak for the xspec developer but he said this:

"1.3.4 with the new autotools build system is planned for release this week, I'll be doing Mac and Windows build testing and fixes on Monday/Tuesday".
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Most ppl only used the famous and big exchanges. Exchanges will be the problem.

And that's exactly why most people miss out on the early part and the best price of coins like
SpectreCoin [xspec].

And if you know crypto at all... you know the so called "big" exchanges list who they want, when they want.
Also, some of the things happening with many of them and their arm twisting KYC demands are rapidly
falling out of favor and paving the way for knowledgeable  people to use decentralized exchanges like Bisq -
 a P2P exchange
....which is our next exchange to be listed on.

Don't get me wrong...the team is not asleep on contacting and keeping other selected exchanges up to date on how the project is doing.
You might want to learn more about dex exchanges though....they ARE the future for privacy.
Activity: 104
Force Network - The Internet. Redefined
Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, December 2nd – Saturday, December 9th

Our Slack community continues to grow - Gandhalf, Fodrigo, Fuster, Erik, ROD, moogy, Cointek, Spectreiscool, Maniz, snova, Smith, iipe, Darean, YoloCat, JacksonD44, vrapo, HMG Creative, Patrick W, ethereumfan297, Matt, Hari K, barryo, Gajoo, naruto,  lqwmvmwvm, Maximus, Shaun Ho, Luffy69, and beetfarmer

Now 1006 members….exciting news indeed.

Developer  Nutz and Bolts - Things are starting to move along, @jbg said “While 1.4 development continues, we will make an interim release v1.3.4 this week (after testing) with a nodelist update (to resolve a recurring difficulty that new users have), a Tor update and some other minor fixes.”
This will make a good bridge as we move towards v1.4.  

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
I think this coin is going to be a big hit in 2018. I'm already kicking my self in the butt for not buying more when it was .30 there might be a slight correction coming soon might grab some more then. I really like the features this coin has.

Don't feel bad....SpectreCoin [xspec] has been way under the radar and missed by a lot of people....both new and experienced.
But not anymore thanks to our own in house marketing group that's been working hard the last couple weeks.  Cool

Most ppl only used the famous and big exchanges. Exchanges will be the problem.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
I think this coin is going to be a big hit in 2018. I'm already kicking my self in the butt for not buying more when it was .30 there might be a slight correction coming soon might grab some more then. I really like the features this coin has.

Don't feel bad....SpectreCoin [xspec] has been way under the radar and missed by a lot of people....both new and experienced.
But not anymore thanks to our own in house marketing group that's been working hard the last couple weeks.  Cool
Activity: 139
anc
Activity: 10
Does anyone know where can i find more information about how to use the wallet?
Activity: 55
Seems like a really safe play at these prices too, around 1$ per coin with just over 20 million in circulation and the new developments coming with 1.4 and 2.0. I think the privacy and fungability are going to get more attention next year too.
Activity: 128
Trend is heading to $5, then $10, imo.

Privacy coins continue to go up, many folks said 2018 will be for the privacy coins.
Get in this early.
Activity: 26
Dump and dump, sorry guys

this is not a dump, it's simply correcting itself due to bitcoin dipping in price.
from 24 mil usd cap to 20 mil.
Yes, its a dump thanks to the extreme rise in one day, this is not bad though
Activity: 70

this is not a dump, it's simply correcting itself due to bitcoin dipping in price.
Activity: 26
Activity: 163
Merit: 101
I have some explanation about the rise of spectrecoin because i also almost felt for the same thing.
BANKERA is running its ico. You have to buy bankera at SPECTROCOIN
So because i was gathering info i saw SPECTRECOIN in coinmarketcap.
I didnt see the "e" instead of the "o" in the name directly. Just when i was in for a buy and already transfered usdt to cryptopia i saw my fault. I think a lot of people make the same mistake.

On the other hand i read a lot of spectrecoin at the moment and it is not a bad project at all. I am not buying now but i follow.
The reason is that i think the jump from 0,4 to $1 is not because people want to buy this coin but they think they buy bankeras exchange coin.

I saw this many time in the future. If a new good coin hit the market a coin with almost the same name get a lift (for a short time)
Activity: 70
Hey guys quick question, I sign up to https://www.cryptopia.co.nz bought some XSPEC installed the Wallet on my Windows 10 computer. I have sent a few coins to my wallets address and nothing still syncing. does it take a while the first time to sync? Ive set up my self in the wallet and all looks ok just syncing still.

Version: v1.3.3.0 -g

it's a common bug, you need to go into the debug option in the wallet and manually add the nodes.

Check this page for the solution https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

Thanks you kindly I have 5 coins in there Smiley

Also what's the best way once I got enough to sell and put into my bank account?

Well, there could be a better exchange to use in the future but as of right now the best way would be to use Cryptopia, exchange for bitcoin, litecoin or ethereum, then send to coinbase to sell.
Activity: 76
theres the 1$, need a lot more trading volume though and put the word out more,  no reason in todays market this coin shouldnt be a 100$ coin, especially with tokenpays ripoff getting 7$ at ico
Activity: 246

BISQ is starting to get notoriety for its excellence. I ve heard from several resources opinions that it is awesome. That means only one thing. Its is going to bomb, and take XSPEC with it.
Regarding BISQ and XSPEC integration - here are the words of the man himself

XSPEC fans need to wait for the official confirmation from Bisq but it looks like its happening.

XSPEC will join Monero and ZCash on the Bisq exchange.

XSPEC - $1 (20.7m coins). Monero $341 Dollars (15.4m coins). ZCash $532 dollars (2.8m Coins).

It does not take a genius in securities trading to work out whats going to happen to the XSPEC price.
Pages:
Jump to: