Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TES] ϟ The Tesla ϟ Decentralize the Energy System ϟ TeslaStarter - page 35. (Read 84571 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hello, I would like to invest heavily in this project, but what's up with the wallet? I downloaded 32bit version (64 doesn't work) and used the last bootstrap, it synced correctly so I sent 40k TES as a test but they never arrive. My adress is 5pP1wnVpsukyWax68kbWJAhaszKxyzgcJL and the transaction number is 680fb05e3934cd4af6d8d21a4d1141938988cdd04fd43eb90dbf45a21b559707f45a21b559707 but in the block explorer nothing appears. Does that mean I lost them?

Coin Dead?  Huh Huh
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
That's a great question but it's not correctly focused. I mean, POS will stop once we arrive to 75 million coins.

There are 72,661,281 TES coins out.  So there's 2,338,719 coins left to be staked out.

At 1% of 72,661,281 coins out and being staked per month, that's 726,612.81 per month.

That's 2.33 months left worth of staking coins (if everyone is staking their coins at all times).  Suggesting 70 days left.  Rounding up, October 16th, 2017 is when we will have staked and mined all Tesla coin.

This will have a positive consecuence for the investors because there will be no more 12% annual inflation.

In the other side, we will have to maintain the network without that profit.

We've been discussing and planning how to make sure the network keeps running smoothly.

Well yes, its good for investors, but since the point of mining and staking is to incentivize people to maintain the network, something will have to be done or that investment won't mean anything either.

The most simple one is that having a node on Raspberry cost less than 1$ month on electricity.

That wouldn't incentivize people and would cause the network to be controlled too highly by the one individual who provided the raspberry pie.

Anyway, we have planned and keep brainstoming actions to make sure there are enought nodes around the world.

Well Bitcoin is supposed to provide the transaction fees to anyone mining.  I was under the impression that Teslacoin was going to do the same thing so as to minimize the costs associated with running any nodes and incentivize people to maintain the network.  Perhaps I misunderstood.

To sum up, no need to care about that.

Well, not for another 70 days perhaps.  Its odd, I always thought there were transactions fees already being levied in Teslacoin, regardless of how small they were, yet I just looked through about a dozen blocks and didn't see any. 

I would suggest that if transaction fees could be implemented, might as well do it now.  At least that way when people aren't staking, they might still help create blocks to allow transactions to go through (as there hasn't been a block in hours).  Not to mention, if no one has noticed, since this new update, blocks, when someone is staking, are blasting out like 10+ blocks a minute, instead of one every 30 seconds. This may be caused by the "difficulty" associated with the "staking" and the algorithm changing the "difficulty" to make it "easier" or faster to mine a block due to such a long time of no blocks.  The error in that is that staking is so much different than conventional mining that altering the equation such that time necessary to create a block due to the change in difficulty will result in blocks that take mere seconds.  So we then have huge boom and bust cycles of blocks and transactions are stalled in the interim.  That's likely going to be a bit tricky as the difficulty is likely being used to distinguish who deserves to have their coins "staked" first while it is also inextricably linked to the frequency at which blocks are created.  Might be able to add code to alter it such that no matter what, no more than 1 block per 30 seconds can be created.  The 30 second blocks also help with the speed of transactions so we probably wouldn't want to change that to a higher time either.

Summary; my suggestion, at this time, is to implement fees (perhaps even give people the tools to set the fees they require/want in their wallet before their wallet will automatically create a block for a given or given set of transactions) and allow people, even when staking, to receive fees.  That should also result in it being fixed even before we hit the 75 million as it will immediately award 0 stake, but will reward whatever transactions fees are appropriate such that people are still motivated to "stake" and or maintain the network. We could do "mining" for the network (perhaps even now, set it up as a separate set of equations to current staking) such that when the network is idle and there is a transaction that is available to be bound to a block, that all the wallets currently open will try to stake that block, then whichever wallet has been "staking" (in this alternative sense) the longest and or the "most" offers the network a block option, the one with the greatest staking value will be awarded the declaration of the "correct" block and the transaction fee.  This would be overridden by anyone who has actual staking to be done at that given moment (so that this would remain valid even before the 75 million are hit).  The longest "staking" would also be correlated such that all other nodes could confirm that that block came from the node with the most staking "value" built up.  Depending on how that is done/coded that could also allow a cycle of everyone, equally, who are "staking" (in this secondary staking context) to actually take part in the creation of blocks.  I don't know if that would actually be the goal or if there would be a focus upon the number of coins the given person was staking (in this secondary staking context).  Or perhaps somewhere in between.  I think that detail could correlate with a great amount of discussion. Or, perhaps a sliding scale.  The number of coins you have builds up more "staking" value, that is used to "compete" with other wallets/nodes for a given block with fees.  The fewer coins you have staking the slower your "staking value" is increased, thereby not denying you the ability to take part in mining, but not giving you as much such that it will take you longer to "compete" for a given block. 

Or maybe we should go back to POW after 75 million?  Well, i guess that would contradict the whole "energy efficiency" of Teslacoin at that point, so I guess that's not an option.  Either way.  Hope I gave some usable ideas.  Now if only I could master how to program with any level of competence then maybe I could help more specifically.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
definately not! Your coins will be safe, believe me you have nothing to worry about. Do you have a backup of the dat file before the send?
If so even better.
One last thing, what is your current block your wallet is on? you can find out by Help-Debug window-information tab, should be on block 1293604. If you are on that block, no problem as the blockchain is slowed right down I suspect to some very old coins staking. it will be sorted soon I expect.
Yes I have a buckup. And yes I'm on that block right now but it says it's out of sync right now Sad Thanks for the response though!

There is no one with a wallet connected to the network right now that has a stake that should receive its interest so there's no one, at this moment, who can create the block for your transaction.  So your transaction is awaiting that. 

Though I doubt this should really create an issue in the long run, I do think it would be wise if it were implemented into the code to allow people (or allow them if they so choose) to mine the blocks merely for the fee.  If your wallet is open, hell, why not.  Its how Bitcoin is programmed to behave after there are no more bitcoins to be mined from the system.
Activity: 50
definately not! Your coins will be safe, believe me you have nothing to worry about. Do you have a backup of the dat file before the send?
If so even better.
One last thing, what is your current block your wallet is on? you can find out by Help-Debug window-information tab, should be on block 1293604. If you are on that block, no problem as the blockchain is slowed right down I suspect to some very old coins staking. it will be sorted soon I expect.
Yes I have a buckup. And yes I'm on that block right now but it says it's out of sync right now Sad Thanks for the response though!
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
If so even better.
Activity: 50
Hello, I would like to invest heavily in this project, but what's up with the wallet? I downloaded 32bit version (64 doesn't work) and used the last bootstrap, it synced correctly so I sent 40k TES as a test but they never arrive. My adress is 5pP1wnVpsukyWax68kbWJAhaszKxyzgcJL and the transaction number is 680fb05e3934cd4af6d8d21a4d1141938988cdd04fd43eb90dbf45a21b559707f45a21b559707 but in the block explorer nothing appears. Does that mean I lost them?
Activity: 168
Latest bootstrap at block 1,293,604

https://mega.nz/#!tKgS2BRb!LpJrOaCWZbCwgEUbysjsjxoQTTmhZtMwBFBcK9T4P44

What is going on the chain not moving?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Latest bootstrap at block 1,293,604

https://mega.nz/#!tKgS2BRb!LpJrOaCWZbCwgEUbysjsjxoQTTmhZtMwBFBcK9T4P44
legendary
program prompoplus: account twitter lock

Not sure why. Let me know your twitter so I can ask to the campaing manager.
Probably because you haven't 100 followers or because you have very few tweets

Hi.
What will happen with a POS reward of 12% when you reach 75 million coins?
How are you going to limit the constant inflation?

That's a great question but it's not correctly focused. I mean, POS will stop once we arrive to 75 million coins.

This will have a positive consecuence for the investors because there will be no more 12% annual inflation.

In the other side, we will have to maintain the network without that profit.

We've been discussing and planning how to make sure the network keeps running smoothly.

The most simple one is that having a node on Raspberry cost less than 1$ month on electricity.

Anyway, we have planned and keep brainstoming actions to make sure there are enought nodes around the world.

To sum up, no need to care about that.

legendary

Twitter Campaing!!

Let's announce to the world we're in a new blockchain

Be part of the campaing and earn some free TES!

http://promoplugs.com/SelectedCampaign.aspx?CID=274
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Hi.
What will happen with a POS reward of 12% when you reach 75 million coins?
How are you going to limit the constant inflation?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lucky Man
program prompoplus: account twitter lock
Activity: 223
This coin is associated with auto Tesla?

Hope soon we'll become official coin of Tesla motors.

Will never happen,  Elon Musk hates Crypto

Don't worry he's a smart guy, he will change his mind.

I like your thinking, Rw. Teslacoin will offer Elon a justifiable reason to look at crypto from a different angle and to show if he really is the guy who wants progress on behalf of human and is not all just in it for the Money. Greed is our biggest enemy, it kills the innocent on every step.

Good job on the transition running quite smoothly so far, Rw.

Hopefully Griffith will respond to me asap. He deserved a little breather now.

I know some were mentioning help when we go ahead, specifically drumamat, maybe he is willing to find help for Mac compile, as current guy is having issues and we don't want to torture Griffith with that as he will have more important work to do.

Teslacoin is ready to move forward. Are you?
Activity: 223

I like this little robotized Tesla guy.

Is this trademark protected? Can we have them made like a small toy or a keychain around next years forum, where Teslacoin will be probably present. They could each wear a redemable qr code for certain amount of Tes and link to mobile wallet?
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
legendary

MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE 
Has been ACTIVATED

Everyone has to move to the new wallet (v.3.3) ASAP
and start staking to support the network

New bootstrap (block 1289443)
https://mega.nz/#!pLxyjBxL!6EKIkemMXllvCDD_FCxKHQGT2NdqVq5kaCu8wTyK1Vo

Note: We do NOT endorse storing your coins on exchanges or other online services.
You should always use the storage where you control the private keys of the wallet.

32bits         64bits         Pending         32bits        64bits

If you have any question or you want to collaborate
Join the telegram group

legendary

Don't worry he's a smart guy, he will change his mind.

Am I doing ok?

http://imgur.com/a/K7nm2

Just checked the rich list. Some of the wallets are never touched last 3 years. Maybe those people forgot that they have thousands of teslacoin.  Huh

You have to be in the block 1290918
same as here
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/tes/#

if you put your mouse over the tick and it show your last block

About the rich list, I'm 99% sure they still remember they have them, but they're holding for the LONG TERM  Wink

oh i see how it is, you focus on the "99" percent, but the rest of us aren't important are we?!  Wink
No, he said he's 99% sure, not he only cares about 99%  Smiley

You're right. I'm 99% sure.

Hope he was just kidding because he's part of the 1%  Cheesy

We have already crossed the 1,293,600 block!!!

Last call to move to v.3.3. Download the wallet from Tesla-coin.com
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
Am I doing ok?

http://imgur.com/a/K7nm2

Just checked the rich list. Some of the wallets are never touched last 3 years. Maybe those people forgot that they have thousands of teslacoin.  Huh

You have to be in the block 1290918
same as here
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/tes/#

if you put your mouse over the tick and it show your last block

About the rich list, I'm 99% sure they still remember they have them, but they're holding for the LONG TERM  Wink

Thanks my current block is 1292009.
Activity: 12

Pages:
Jump to: