Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System - page 68. (Read 169273 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
How can I open the new NEOS interface?
The wallet, I've compiled, looks like the wallet of any other coins...

Which version did you download?  Each one there's a "readme-first" included.  Did you follow those steps?  Let me know we'll get you all situated.

Best regards,

syntaks

Is there a problem if I were to run the normal looking wallet?

Not at all it's purely based on your choice, use either or.

Perfect, thanks!

My pleasure, just let me know if you need anything else.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Which version did you download?  Each one there's a "readme-first" included.  Did you follow those steps?  Let me know we'll get you all situated.

Best regards,

syntaks

Perfect, thanks!
legendary
And just for folk that it's unclear for - you can use the standard wallet or the interface, it's entirely up to you.  Right now for osX (Mavericks) and Windows, the Qt has to be open as well just for RPC.  In v2, we're looking to rectify that with a better solution.

Regards,

syntaks
legendary

Which version did you download?  Each one there's a "readme-first" included.  Did you follow those steps?  Let me know we'll get you all situated.

Best regards,

syntaks

NeosCoin version v1.0.0.0
from https://github.com/bellacoin/neoscoin.git

example for windows QT:

To run NeosCoin on windows, it's fairly straightforward.  Just follow these steps and if you have any issues during or after, feel free to contact us and we'll get you all sorted out.

1.  Double-click run-Setup
2.  Double-click run-Neos
3.  Open your browser to http://127.0.0.1:18000

That's it.

Some notes though specific to your version of Windows:

Windows 8: Disable smart screen

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/140302-how-to-close-windows-8-apps-and-how-to-disable-smartscreen

I tried to use it on Linux.
The version I used was the source code for neoscoin-qt (looks like the classic bitcoin client)
Now I downloaded the Linux64 Wallet. Compiling was successful.
If I try to run the runSetup.sh, I get the following error:
max@venus ~/coins/neoscoin/Linux-64-bit $ ./runSetup.sh
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20121212/ext/ZendGuardLoader.so:  /usr/lib/php5/20121212/ext/ZendGuardLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Zend
    20040722036554111373077x
�2

Any ideas?

edit: Ubuntu 14.04, libboost 1.55

php -v - i'm willing to bet it's 5.5 which is an issue.  zend only supports 5.4 so we had to roll with 5.4.  can you verify and let me know please?

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Which version did you download?  Each one there's a "readme-first" included.  Did you follow those steps?  Let me know we'll get you all situated.

Best regards,

syntaks

example for windows QT:

To run NeosCoin on windows, it's fairly straightforward.  Just follow these steps and if you have any issues during or after, feel free to contact us and we'll get you all sorted out.

That's it.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/140302-how-to-close-windows-8-apps-and-how-to-disable-smartscreen

I tried to use it on Linux.
The version I used was the source code for neoscoin-qt (looks like the classic bitcoin client)
Now I downloaded the Linux64 Wallet. Compiling was successful.
If I try to run the runSetup.sh, I get the following error:
max@venus ~/coins/neoscoin/Linux-64-bit $ ./runSetup.sh
Failed loading /usr/lib/php5/20121212/ext/ZendGuardLoader.so:  /usr/lib/php5/20121212/ext/ZendGuardLoader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Zend
    20040722036554111373077x
�2

Any ideas?

edit: Ubuntu 14.04, libboost 1.55
Activity: 560

Best regards,

syntaks

Activity: 504

Best regards,

syntaks

Is there a problem if I were to run the normal looking wallet? The QT?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Best regards,

syntaks

example for windows QT:

That's it.

Best regards,

syntaks

edit: neoscoin-qt
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
-----------✄----------
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
The good news is, the anon is just a nice thing to have for those who need it and isn't mandatory. The fact that neos has so much to offer and the continued development of these devs is the biggest advantage.

Neos had the best start I`ve ever seen. Outgoing of the Base-Tech (Multi-Algo) it could become a very stable Network. And the Team itself will attract many Investors. Because serious Investors are always looking for a Team in which they can trust. That is very rare. Second: A team that has the ability to realize what they promise. All in all, Neos could be one of a few pearls in the Crypto-Sand.
Activity: 503

There isn't anything to cover really.  As I said in an earlier post, allowing someone to send Neos back and forth and not disclose they were the sender to another is the same as gifting anonymously.  We're not advocating illegal or immoral activity.  The case that was stated was applicable to an illegal operation homed in the US or country where it could be deemed so.  In short, if you're not doing anything illegal - it's not illegal. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

That's all I needed to hear, thanks for the quick response.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what I was reading above correctly.

Thanks again for all your hard work and creating such an amazing system for all of us.

I am so excited about this project, and the most amazing thing is that it is only the beginning. Thank you
[/quote]

You're welcome man.  I never claimed our approach was the be-all-end-all and definitely not intended for any illegal/immoral use.  It's just a concept that was fleshed out and proven to work and provided optionally.  There are a lot of features being added into the upcoming release.  This was just one of them that we released with v1.  If anyone has other feature requests, please don't hesitate to request.  We'll do our best to get them in there.

Regards,

syntaks
[/quote]

Sure, also consider that what is illegal for some is not for others. Most of us are in free and civilized countries but there are a billion others who can be thrown in prison or even beheaded for their politics or religion, or for what they read or buy. Anon is very important to them. It's a blessed thing, brings humanity to the world.
legendary

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 560
The good news is, the anon is just a nice thing to have for those who need it and isn't mandatory. The fact that neos has so much to offer and the continued development of these devs is the biggest advantage.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Each transaction uses a unique address also, every time.

This right here is actually key to true anon in conjunction to Arbitrush, thanks again for this amazing creation. This coin is a phenom.

I stated before Im not a real tech guy, I can't even figure out how to mine without a pool. I paid a guy .15 BTC to walk me through how to rent a miner and connect it to a pool if that tells you anything. I don't even know how to solo mine to give you more reference lol. i'm more of a trader.

Anyway, I don't quite understand the differences you guys just spoke of. All I know is this. Jl777 had some concerns/comments about the coin. I don't believe he was trying to cause any harm at all, i believe he was simply stating what he was thinking. He's definitely the type of guy that thinks out loud lol.

His whole overall concept about everything lately is that the community needs to work together, to take things to the next level, this is why I don't believe he was trying to talk bad about Neoscoin at all, just stating what was going though his mind.

Twoturtles, have you read what he said, and are you confident that anything he was thinking is covered? He is highly a respected dev in the crypto community. Are you confident that anything he is thinking that could cause an issue in the future is totally handled on your end?

Your credibility couldn't be any higher in my book, you say everything is ok, is all I need to know?

I believe you answered this question in tech terms.

What I could get out of the tech answer above is that everything is covered and ok, but in laymans terms, if you could explain what he meant, and how it's not an issue for us non tech guys, it would be very good for Neoscoin holders and traders like myself.

There isn't anything to cover really.  As I said in an earlier post, allowing someone to send Neos back and forth and not disclose they were the sender to another is the same as gifting anonymously.  We're not advocating illegal or immoral activity.  The case that was stated was applicable to an illegal operation homed in the US or country where it could be deemed so.  In short, if you're not doing anything illegal - it's not illegal. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

That's all I needed to hear, thanks for the quick response.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what I was reading above correctly.

Thanks again for all your hard work and creating such an amazing system for all of us.

I am so excited about this project, and the most amazing thing is that it is only the beginning. Thank you

You're welcome man.  I never claimed our approach was the be-all-end-all and definitely not intended for any illegal/immoral use.  It's just a concept that was fleshed out and proven to work and provided optionally.  There are a lot of features being added into the upcoming release.  This was just one of them that we released with v1.  If anyone has other feature requests, please don't hesitate to request.  We'll do our best to get them in there.

Regards,

syntaks

I personally give not that much about anon. I think, there will be a Crypto that will make that Feature (anon) nearly perfect, maybe even hard to track for the NSA, and such a Crypto will find its market, but it won`t be a Crypto for Mainstream-Attraction.

What I think generally about Crypto: It will become a serious part of the financial system and it will change the financial system and also the thinking about finances and Currencies. For me, the main-aspects for Success of a Crypto is:

- decentralized.
- stability of the system
- stable functionality
- distribution

- easy to use/intuitiveness
- design (extremely underestimated)
- mobile
- communication

I believe, a very successfull Crypto should/will be like "Apple". I know, many hate Apple and their politics. I mean it just with regard on their products. They leave off everything that is not really important. But everything that is important, works stable and even a child or a grandfather can use it. I want to say: I would like to see a Crypto that is concentrated to some really important features with focus on perfection these features. And perfection is never complicated. More precise: The most perfect solution is the simplest solution - and that is hard to find. ;-) And: Design and functionality belongs together if it helps the User to act intuitiv. In my eyes, thats a Key-aspect for a greater adoption.

What I want to say is: In my opinion, not too many features. Smartphone-Apps... Chat... But all as perfect as possible. Anon-Feature is good, but I don`t think it is that necessary, because all who will need it will use Cryptos that are really specialized on that.

Hello!

I have temporarily made Neoscoin a block explorer at Explorah. It will be there for 3 days.
Check it out and if you like it, the price is only 0.06 BTC for me to keep it there.
If you don't like it, let me know and I'll remove it.

Looks nice...
Activity: 966
twoturtles!!! your doing a beyond great job ! i can't express it in words ppl need to just watch you..most other devs especially ,this is how u keep a community informed and make them feel like they are part of something not just people looking in from the outside... thanks buddy , looking forward to V2 !!! like i said we ride together we die together , I'm with you to the top or bottom as long as your doing your thing!

chart is looking amazing ,that whale stocked up big from 20-33k and now we been going sideways for a good 12hrs , a good exchange of hands is taking place and then ... buckle up! its gonna be one hell of a ride!

keep it up turtle!!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Is there any sha256 black pool?

I sure hope there aint gonna be one but im abit suprised someone aint put on up yet i guess we see one soon..
Still i doubt there is anything smarter to mine and hold then NEOS at the moment. 
What a stupid situation it would be, other multipools mine NEOS to sell while NEOS multipool mine other coins to buy NEOS, well it sure adds trade volume but it feels like crossing a river to search for water.. Only the exchanges really like the multipools.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
-----------✄----------
Is there any sha256 black pool?
Pages:
Jump to: