Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System - page 69. (Read 169273 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Each transaction uses a unique address also, every time.

This right here is actually key to true anon in conjunction to Arbitrush, thanks again for this amazing creation. This coin is a phenom.

I stated before Im not a real tech guy, I can't even figure out how to mine without a pool. I paid a guy .15 BTC to walk me through how to rent a miner and connect it to a pool if that tells you anything. I don't even know how to solo mine to give you more reference lol. i'm more of a trader.

Anyway, I don't quite understand the differences you guys just spoke of. All I know is this. Jl777 had some concerns/comments about the coin. I don't believe he was trying to cause any harm at all, i believe he was simply stating what he was thinking. He's definitely the type of guy that thinks out loud lol.

His whole overall concept about everything lately is that the community needs to work together, to take things to the next level, this is why I don't believe he was trying to talk bad about Neoscoin at all, just stating what was going though his mind.

Twoturtles, have you read what he said, and are you confident that anything he was thinking is covered? He is highly a respected dev in the crypto community. Are you confident that anything he is thinking that could cause an issue in the future is totally handled on your end?

Your credibility couldn't be any higher in my book, you say everything is ok, is all I need to know?

I believe you answered this question in tech terms.

What I could get out of the tech answer above is that everything is covered and ok, but in laymans terms, if you could explain what he meant, and how it's not an issue for us non tech guys, it would be very good for Neoscoin holders and traders like myself.

There isn't anything to cover really.  As I said in an earlier post, allowing someone to send Neos back and forth and not disclose they were the sender to another is the same as gifting anonymously.  We're not advocating illegal or immoral activity.  The case that was stated was applicable to an illegal operation homed in the US or country where it could be deemed so.  In short, if you're not doing anything illegal - it's not illegal. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

That's all I needed to hear, thanks for the quick response.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what I was reading above correctly.

Thanks again for all your hard work and creating such an amazing system for all of us.

I am so excited about this project, and the most amazing thing is that it is only the beginning. Thank you

You're welcome man.  I never claimed our approach was the be-all-end-all and definitely not intended for any illegal/immoral use.  It's just a concept that was fleshed out and proven to work and provided optionally.  There are a lot of features being added into the upcoming release.  This was just one of them that we released with v1.  If anyone has other feature requests, please don't hesitate to request.  We'll do our best to get them in there.

Regards,

syntaks
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
electroneum.com

This right here is actually key to true anon in conjunction to Arbitrush, thanks again for this amazing creation. This coin is a phenom.

I stated before Im not a real tech guy, I can't even figure out how to mine without a pool. I paid a guy .15 BTC to walk me through how to rent a miner and connect it to a pool if that tells you anything. I don't even know how to solo mine to give you more reference lol. i'm more of a trader.

Anyway, I don't quite understand the differences you guys just spoke of. All I know is this. Jl777 had some concerns/comments about the coin. I don't believe he was trying to cause any harm at all, i believe he was simply stating what he was thinking. He's definitely the type of guy that thinks out loud lol.

His whole overall concept about everything lately is that the community needs to work together, to take things to the next level, this is why I don't believe he was trying to talk bad about Neoscoin at all, just stating what was going though his mind.

Twoturtles, have you read what he said, and are you confident that anything he was thinking is covered? He is highly a respected dev in the crypto community. Are you confident that anything he is thinking that could cause an issue in the future is totally handled on your end?

Your credibility couldn't be any higher in my book, you say everything is ok, is all I need to know?

What I could get out of the tech answer above is that everything is covered and ok, but in laymans terms, if you could explain what he meant, and how it's not an issue for us non tech guys, it would be very good for Neoscoin holders and traders like myself.

There isn't anything to cover really.  As I said in an earlier post, allowing someone to send Neos back and forth and not disclose they were the sender to another is the same as gifting anonymously.  We're not advocating illegal or immoral activity.  The case that was stated was applicable to an illegal operation homed in the US or country where it could be deemed so.  In short, if you're not doing anything illegal - it's not illegal. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

That's all I needed to hear, thanks for the quick response.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what I was reading above correctly.

Thanks again for all your hard work and creating such an amazing system for all of us.

I am so excited about this project, and the most amazing thing is that it is only the beginning. Thank you
legendary

There isn't anything to cover really.  As I said in an earlier post, allowing someone to send Neos back and forth and not disclose they were the sender to another is the same as gifting anonymously.  We're not advocating illegal or immoral activity.  The case that was stated was applicable to an illegal operation homed in the US or country where it could be deemed so.  In short, if you're not doing anything illegal - it's not illegal. =)

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 448
electroneum.com

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I'm talking about the timeframe for arbitrush to be working? I've read a some of this thread but don't have a clear answer.
How is this different from a centalized mixer?

Sorry about that I misunderstood!  It works now.  It's been since we released.  As far as it being different from a centralized mixer, I guess in the concept itself of having coins sent to another server, transactions broken up, and re-sent out to the desired recipient at random times it isn't.  It just works well and it's there for use within the wallet easily.  Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Best regards,

syntaks

can you add www.hasher.ca (sha) to the pool list?

Thanks

Sure I did it earlier on the site - www.neoscoin.com =)

Regards,

syntaks

ohhh I see. I was looking at the list on the OP...
legendary
I'm talking about the timeframe for arbitrush to be working? I've read a some of this thread but don't have a clear answer.

Sorry about that I misunderstood!  It works now.  It's been since we released.  As far as it being different from a centralized mixer, I guess in the concept itself of having coins sent to another server, transactions broken up, and re-sent out to the desired recipient at random times it isn't.  It just works well and it's there for use within the wallet easily.  Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks

Sure I did it earlier on the site - www.neoscoin.com =)

Regards,

syntaks
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
SHA and X11 pool found no new block,no blake pool ,so hidden pool found new block

If by "hidden pool" you mean "somebody's wallet or minerd" that makes perfect sense.  Huh
legendary
is this the IPO address:

1   NXxN8rHg2qW4CPRFW9A3XfagmhYKqQ8J67   906409.85962799

legendary

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
As: http://www.verters.com/mining-breakdown/neoscoin shows -

The breakdown is more blake slightly at the moment (41%).. and the pool distribution is pretty good
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
SHA and X11 pool found no new block,no blake pool ,so hidden pool found new block

We offer a blake pool - and have been running one since about block 300 or so
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

legendary
legendary

Best regards,

syntaks
yak
Activity: 266

those pesky hidden pools
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1414
legendary
Re: the anonymity/police raids- I think the issue is not that there is anything illegal about Neos or anonymous payments in general, but that the inevitable illegal users (which the coin will rely on, at least for a while) could be captured with police raids on the Arbitrush resources. Many people buy their drugs through the mail and pay with crypto. It is safe (in the legal sense) because even if the police intercept the package at your door, you can say "I don't know what this is or why someone would send it to me" and that is a solid defense. If they can prove you made a payment you lose that defense, and I think the concern is if the police have physical control of both the suspect's computer and the anonymity server the payment went through that could be accomplished.

With Arbitrush you have the option for PoT (keeping a log of the transaction) or not.  If not, the servers keep no record, they only serve as a pass-through.

Regards,

syntaks

How is this different from a centralized mixer? what is the timeframe?

The timeframe on transactions isn't a predetermined value.  It's different every time.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Re: the anonymity/police raids- I think the issue is not that there is anything illegal about Neos or anonymous payments in general, but that the inevitable illegal users (which the coin will rely on, at least for a while) could be captured with police raids on the Arbitrush resources. Many people buy their drugs through the mail and pay with crypto. It is safe (in the legal sense) because even if the police intercept the package at your door, you can say "I don't know what this is or why someone would send it to me" and that is a solid defense. If they can prove you made a payment you lose that defense, and I think the concern is if the police have physical control of both the suspect's computer and the anonymity server the payment went through that could be accomplished.

With Arbitrush you have the option for PoT (keeping a log of the transaction) or not.  If not, the servers keep no record, they only serve as a pass-through.

Regards,

syntaks

How is this different from a centralized mixer? what is the timeframe?
legendary

Regards,

syntaks
Pages:
Jump to: