Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 2. (Read 78545 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
I mined it for a long time. But havent since. This is a great project and had the potential to become news in 2020 US Elections but I dont think the developers are aware of the hidden potential it has.

I am willing to help in any way I can. I mined it I bought it at 400 Satoshi and I am still holding and never sold even one. I contacted Tom a few times, he has a great portfolio on github and is vry active and brilliant guy but doesnt seem to be very interested in this project. The website looks very nice and polished. The wallet looks good but needs easier ways to create votes and options for autiting. OR it should have APIs for other developers so crete votes and auditing methods.

At minimum it can be used for polling of all the US Senate votes for the year 2022. Maybe a few States will take it on as official platform.

And gambling on Sports and upcoming US football this weekend with 6 playoff games! OMG There is so much potential.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Who mines VOTECOIN since they mined? How much do they earn on average a day? How much ksol / s?
Activity: 52
Your client is out of date and incompatible with the Heartwood network upgrade. Please update to a recent version of Zcash (3.0.0 or later).

it helps for me:

Or put alerts=0 to votecoin.conf file. Hope it helps
-Tom

but this doesn't fix the problem with syncing wallet
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Your client is out of date and incompatible with the Heartwood network upgrade. Please update to a recent version of Zcash (3.0.0 or later).
Activity: 52
781385 / ~785150 (99%)

+1
sync 100%, but last finded block is 781385
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
781385 / ~785150 (99%)
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
This can happen if a zcash peer connects to VoteCoin node, I'm not sure why such situation happens.
Anyway, to avoid the error message, please use -alerts=0 parameter when starting votecoind.
Or put alerts=0 to votecoin.conf file. Hope it helps
-Tom
Activity: 876
Merit: 500
AikaPool admin
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 500 - JSON Response: [-2] Safe mode: Your client is out of date and incompatible with the Heartwood network upgrade. Please update to a recent version of Zcash (3.0.0 or later).
Why error?
Wallet updated to last version - VoteCoin v2.1.0
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/

Yesterday, a wallet update was released and the instructions recommend updating by sending to a shielded address. Can I send from T the address of the old wallet to the Z address of the new wallet? Are there any risks?

If your old wallet supports new sapling addresses, it is safe to send your VOT as you mentioned in your post.

Can someone please help me setup a vote for the upcoming USA presidential elections? 1 VOT for 1 vote. I still dont know how this works.

I want to set up a weekly vote between Joe Biden and Donald Trump starting now through November. If this becomes popular and easy to use then CNN and Fox may pickup the news and we are golden after that. This is the reason this project exists and this year's US presidential elections is a big way to promote this.

And how are people supposed to buy VOT to vote? That also needs to be clarified. An atomic swap or easy to use exchange would be super helpful, otherwise people will not be able to buy the coins to use it for voting.

Hi! Does the coin have a light wallet?

same qestion))

need lite web or core wallet

Lite wallet needs server. I'm happy to host it but I have no idea how.
Activity: 44

same qestion))

need lite web or core wallet
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
So mined this coin over a year ago and holding. Do we have any updates on the project or a source that I can read on the progress of it? Please and thank you.
Activity: 33
New equihash pool : https://equihash.speedpool.top

• Solo mining available
  • TLS Stratum
  • Var Diff

Happy Mining !!!
Activity: 1257
Merit: 501
Activity: 1589
Merit: 214
IMHO, will be more profitable to do mining some shit here: https://whattomine.com/
and then buy this VOT, instead mining of this. https://coinmarketcap.com/ru/currencies/votecoin/
Activity: 1
Hello!

Quick question from a complete newbe.

Having set up VOT wallet (currently 8 active connections), mined >5k accepted shares (minpayout=5), my wallet is still empty.

How many shares are required per block currently?

Since I started mining the # of blocks increased by at least 100, which per your website should translate to at least 12500 VOTs. Does it mean for my >$5k shares I still haven't earned even 5 VOTs?

BTW, I have also just twitted "#VoteCoin #freeVOT #id2002" ...and received the +10VOT.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

OM
Activity: 8
Hi, I mined votecoin in an early stage of the coin, i have the VoteCoin 1.0.11 linux client. I tried to export my wallet to import it to the new windows client, but when I try to export i get this message:
Code:
./src/votecoin-cli z_exportwallet exporfile
error code: -28
error message:
Verifying blocks...

There is 0 connections for ~35 minutes, so I think i should repair it first? But I do not know how to upgrade step by step, to be able to connect od my linux machine to export the wallet.

Please help me to recover the wallet  Smiley

I solved the problem Smiley
My case was a bit weird, because i mined VOT in 2017 for short time and them moved to another city, leaving my computer, so only version I have had was 1.0.1 cli linux wallet Smiley
I couldn't make it to connect to the blockchain, and not every command worked.
I could check my balance(votecoin-cli z_getbalance "address"), but couldn't export wallet(votecoin-cli z_exportwallet "exportfilename"), i was able to run votecoind but it couldn't connect.  Moreover, i could make a transaction and chceck it's status(i have it copied, it was successfull). The problem was, the transaction never finished, and in my new windows wallet the transparent address i sent VOT to, has dissapeared. So than I panicked a bit, but it later came to my mind, that if there were no connections, the transaction might be just an illusion Wink
So i tried even harder to export priv key and import it on windows wallet...I googled zcash forums and stepped on this document: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
i used a dumpprivadress to export private addres and restore in in the new wallet on my windows machine, and it worked! The transaction never happened, all the VOT's are in my restored wallet Smiley
Activity: 8
Hi, I mined votecoin in an early stage of the coin, i have the VoteCoin 1.0.11 linux client. I tried to export my wallet to import it to the new windows client, but when I try to export i get this message:
Code:
./src/votecoin-cli z_exportwallet exporfile
error code: -28
error message:
Verifying blocks...

There is 0 connections for ~35 minutes, so I think i should repair it first? But I do not know how to upgrade step by step, to be able to connect od my linux machine to export the wallet.

Please help me to recover the wallet  Smiley
Yesterday, a wallet update was released and the instructions recommend updating by sending to a shielded address. Can I send from T the address of the old wallet to the Z address of the new wallet? Are there any risks?

If your old wallet supports new sapling addresses, it is safe to send your VOT as you mentioned in your post.
New version of VoteCoin Wallet (2.1.0) has been released.

We are happy to announce that VoteCoin 2.1.0 is released, and both CLI and GUI wallets were updated.
Most noticeable change is that we implemented superior performance improvements by enabling fast Sapling payments for polls.

Other important improvements in this release:
  • Blossom network upgrade in early December which will shorten block times from 150s to 75s.
  • DoS Mitigation: Mempool Size Limit and Random Drop
  • Fixed an issue where asynchronous operations were sometimes reporting success when they had actually failed
  • Fake chain detection during initial block download
  • Disabling old Sprout proofs

GUI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases
CLI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases

Enjoy! :]
Pages:
Jump to: