Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 4. (Read 78545 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
New version of VoteCoin 2.0.4 is released

we are happy to announce that VoteCoin 2.0.4 is released, and both CLI and GUI wallets were updated.
Most noticeable change is optimization in GUI wallet for faster sync and better performance.
Since the previous version of VoteCoin wallet has been already deprecated, it is essentially required to update to the new version

GUI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases
CLI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases

For your information, there is already an implementation in progress for import/export viewing keys (ivk) which are needed for switching the voting to sapling (for faster poll publishing). So next version of VoteCoin will most likely switch to Sapling even for its voting features (sapling is already supported in VoteCoin but only for sending/receiving fast shielded transactions)

Enjoy! :]

I have the new wallet and it is stuck at "Activating Best Chain, 0 active connections" Any idea why I am having this issue?

Update: I downloaded the wallet again and it does not connect to any nodes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It may be our office firewall Sad We have symantec Endpoint installed and I looked in the log it says access blocked but doesnt say which application.
for now it is very undervalued coin

Why do you think so?
What unique features that didn't realize in more successful project does VOT have?

You may be a bot but I am going to answer the obvious anyway for the sake of others reading this.

This is the only project with a great wallet and capability to run POLLs directly ON CHAIN with blockchain protection. The polls could be utilized for 2020 USA election polls by any media company and that would be huge for this project if anyone such as CNN or Fox utilize this for their polls.

Another use of the polls could be sports betting where legal. The potential for anyone running a full note to start his own sports betting, its huge.

Tom, the developer, also has a very long history on Github (over 7 years https://github.com/Tomas-M?tab=overview&from=2012-12-01&to=2012-12-31) and is very credible and reliable in what he does and his code appears to be impeccable. He is not a fly by night "Justin Sun Tron" kind of person. He has been around for a long time and even has his own Linux distro called SLAX https://www.slax.org/ .

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

Why do you think so?
What unique features that didn't realize in more successful project does VOT have?
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Just a note on ASIC algo change, Tom has said previously its in VOTs interest to have all the vots issued, for a coin like votecoin to realise its potential its better to have as much issued into the market as possible, this will find the real value of the coin and marketing will do a lot  more  because he doesnt want to do the eventual marketing push as a mineable coin, that should be an afterthought, he wants the final stage to be marketing and exchanges based on what the coin can do, he does share the frustrations of having limited exchanges but he is really anti hype, he wont announce things till its done.

VOT used to trade at 550 Satoshis when Bitcoin was $18000. Bitcoin is now $9000 and has lost 50% of its value. VOT is now 7 Satoshis so it has lost over 98% of its value. So obviously Ton is a genius coder and terrible business person. The ASICs have nearly destroyed this unique project since they only mine-n-dump to pay off their stupid bricks which will never even pay themselves off. GPU miners tend to be more cool and techie and hold and speculate.  

The ASIC issue is more of an EMERGENCY matter at this time. It needs his attention the most.
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
Just a note on ASIC algo change, Tom has said previously its in VOTs interest to have all the vots issued, for a coin like votecoin to realise its potential its better to have as much issued into the market as possible, this will find the real value of the coin and marketing will do a lot  more  because he doesnt want to do the eventual marketing push as a mineable coin, that should be an afterthought, he wants the final stage to be marketing and exchanges based on what the coin can do, he does share the frustrations of having limited exchanges but he is really anti hype, he wont announce things till its done.

Does it mean that we have to wait at least years or even decades till VOT will be valued?  Cheesy

Haha i shouldve said the bulk, were getting there lol
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
Just a note on ASIC algo change, Tom has said previously its in VOTs interest to have all the vots issued, for a coin like votecoin to realise its potential its better to have as much issued into the market as possible, this will find the real value of the coin and marketing will do a lot  more  because he doesnt want to do the eventual marketing push as a mineable coin, that should be an afterthought, he wants the final stage to be marketing and exchanges based on what the coin can do, he does share the frustrations of having limited exchanges but he is really anti hype, he wont announce things till its done.

Does it mean that we have to wait at least years or even decades till VOT will be valued?  Cheesy
Activity: 109
Merit: 11

we are happy to announce that VoteCoin 2.0.4 is released, and both CLI and GUI wallets were updated.
Most noticeable change is optimization in GUI wallet for faster sync and better performance.
Since the previous version of VoteCoin wallet has been already deprecated, it is essentially required to update to the new version

For your information, there is already an implementation in progress for import/export viewing keys (ivk) which are needed for switching the voting to sapling (for faster poll publishing). So next version of VoteCoin will most likely switch to Sapling even for its voting features (sapling is already supported in VoteCoin but only for sending/receiving fast shielded transactions)

Thank you Tom.

Any chance you would work on the algo change? I understand that makes it difficult to keep updating with ZEC but I think its definitely worth considering 144.5 or 192.5 algo developed originally by the BTCz team.

Currently the entire VOTE network produces 71,280 coins worth only $35 for and entire 24 hour day. The global hashrate is equivalent to only eight A9 miners. The result is a pure mine-n-dump and eventually the blockchain will fall apart. I'm sorry you don't see how ASICs can ruin your project. ASIC owners are in a whole from day 1. They have hardware that depreciates 3x faster than GPUs. ASICS have practically no resale value about 10% in one year. GPUs are worth 60% after one year of mining. ASIC owners have no choice but to mine-n-dump to break even for their A9 bricks.

Would you be interested in passing on the task to another developer who may have more time to improve upon your work?
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
great to hear what work in progress, hope to see voting activity again soon.
Activity: 265
Merit: 105

... but from a financial standpoint if the value drops miners will leave and the entire blockchain could fall apart...
I understand and agree, you are right
-Tom
Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

Hello

Error: This version has been deprecated as of block height 348597. You should upgrade to the latest version of Zcash.

Where is actual upgrade available?

pinpin
12 Satoshi? What is happening to this project? One of the best projects with Voting feature built in with so much potential going into 2020 Election year in the US.  TOM WAKE UP PLEASE!
I have to admit that the exchange rate is actually the last thing I would worry about Smiley
-Tom

Well right now you have a situation where there is an Z9+ ASIC (possibly just one miner) running a mine-n-dump on the project since you didn't want to change algo and now there is a Z9+ owner trying harqd to make his ASIC money back by pushing your project to the ground and he doesn't care as he is the only one mining.

You don't want to watch the price but once your limited supporters leave then your project no longer works. You can have the best project but without supporters all your development work is worthless.
Tom,

How are you? All good? We have an Altcoin rush these days. Would you like to give us an update of what is happening?

TeamCyr.

Hi, VoteCoin is still waiting for import/export support for viewing keys.
We need that to be able to switch all polls/campaigns from sprout format (old slow secure payments) to sapling format (new fast secure payments)
There is nobody in VoteCoin team who would have balls to code that part ourselves, so we're waiting for ZCash to officially support it so we can backport it into VoteCoin.
Apparently this takes much longer than expected, so unfortunately there is no ETA known yet
-Tom

I guess everyone who runs a ZEC fork is relying on Zooko who has shown twice to embed secret code to generate unlimited coins on competing fork projects. Sapling was the second time he was caught. The first time was named timewarp. 
12 Satoshi? What is happening to this project? One of the best projects with Voting feature built in with so much potential going into 2020 Election year in the US.  TOM WAKE UP PLEASE!
I have to admit that the exchange rate is actually the last thing I would worry about Smiley
-Tom

I understand your position as a pure developer, but from a financial standpoint if the value drops miners will leave and the entire blockchain could fall apart with a 51% attack.

You have done so much good for this project and we love and support your work. Your history on Github predates even Bitcoin itself. Your work on the Linux distro is outstanding. You are probably one of the top developers in the crypto market getting filled with fake projects like TRX, BTT, BNB and other jump tokens with no crypto programming.

All we want is for you to continue updating us on the progress. As I mentioned before, the elections are coming up in the US and if the interface could be simplified to allow easy voting and polls in various places that allow posting polls on twitter and social media with a simple link or similar, this project could take off huge with the next election year in the US coming up and Worldcup right after that.
-Tom
Tom,

How are you? All good? We have an Altcoin rush these days. Would you like to give us an update of what is happening?

TeamCyr.

Hi, VoteCoin is still waiting for import/export support for viewing keys.
We need that to be able to switch all polls/campaigns from sprout format (old slow secure payments) to sapling format (new fast secure payments)
There is nobody in VoteCoin team who would have balls to code that part ourselves, so we're waiting for ZCash to officially support it so we can backport it into VoteCoin.
Apparently this takes much longer than expected, so unfortunately there is no ETA known yet
-Tom
Tom,

TeamCyr.

Tom, I think, hangs out more on Discord than here.
Any developers here?

If yes, would someone please reach out to ZelCore team to add VOT to their mobile wallet? They are interested in adding VOT but need help from the developers.

Pages:
Jump to: