Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 6. (Read 78545 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Try Backup button in GUI wallet. Or use CLI wallet and help command to get information about dump private keys
I don't get why Tom didn't implement console tool in VOT GUI wallet like it realized in Bitcoin-qt wallet. Maybe because of VOT is Zcash fork or smth else.

p.s. exactly)

software for wallet not ready for use
i see my coins, but cant send it
all time in the lower left corner  - "load index" or "verify wallet"
press export priv keys - shows nothing
вce oчeнь глючнo
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
If not there is no way to recover your VOTs unfortunatelly
but if you have your votecoin wallet.dat you can try to restore your private keys
Thnx
I found wallet.dat with my address
started GUI
after sync i see my vots
that i thinked as priv-key realy is shield address
where i can see my priv-key?

p.s.
ural=ypaл?

Try Backup button in GUI wallet. Or use CLI wallet and help command to get information about dump private keys
I don't get why Tom didn't implement console tool in VOT GUI wallet like it realized in Bitcoin-qt wallet. Maybe because of VOT is Zcash fork or smth else.

p.s. exactly)
but if you have your votecoin wallet.dat you can try to restore your private keys
Thnx
I found wallet.dat with my address
started GUI
after sync i see my vots
that i thinked as priv-key realy is shield address
where i can see my priv-key?

p.s.
ural=ypaл?

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
Up 18% today. I am personally buying a lot.

This is a unique project with voting capacity built into the blockchain.

Hopefully with price rising we will be able to get Tom to continue developing and maybe we get an Android wallet too.

address and key i was writen from somewhere
i not used gui-wallet
I can't remember - how did i generate the address
I think it came from a paper wallet
but maybe so:
votecoin-cli.exe getnewaddress
maybe i was written the wrong key
there's no way to get to the coins from this address?

After the using of
Code:
getnewaddress
did you use
Code:
dumpprivkey

There is something wrong with your private key. Private key lenght for t-addresses is 52 characters not 95.
Try to check the key
unfortunately
I not to have other key
I got the address and the key from the paper wallet
p.s.
in Discord told me  this is may be a shield key
is it useless?

VOT has only desktop wallets.
How did you get the paper wallet? Did you create it by yourself?
As an variant 95 char string could be a crypted hash of your privkey

address and key i was writen from somewhere
i not used gui-wallet
I can't remember - how did i generate the address
I think it came from a paper wallet
but maybe so:
votecoin-cli.exe getnewaddress
maybe i was written the wrong key
there's no way to get to the coins from this address?
There is something wrong with your private key. Private key lenght for t-addresses is 52 characters not 95.
Try to check the key
unfortunately
I not to have other key
p.s.
is it useless?

VOT has only desktop wallets.
How did you get the paper wallet? Did you create it by yourself?
As an variant 95 char string could be a crypted hash of your privkey
Try to check the key
unfortunately
I not to have other key
p.s.
is it useless?
Hi, devs of vote-coin
help me, please
I have same vote-coin in address
t1epENbttpHHvd8f4cULYkBT8mx8BeoDg3J
and private key next kind
zcAaAdAk....................................................................2z6 BMYqQ
(95 characters length)

My problem is that when you try to import this private key in GUI wallet, this key does not accept,
answer "private key invalid encoding"
tell me, please - how I can use this key to send my funds from this address?
Thanx

Try to check the key
Hi, devs of vote-coin
help me, please
I have same vote-coin in address
t1epENbttpHHvd8f4cULYkBT8mx8BeoDg3J
and private key next kind
zcAaAdAk....................................................................2z6 BMYqQ
(95 characters length)

My problem is that when you try to import this private key in GUI wallet, this key does not accept,
answer "private key invalid encoding"
tell me, please - how I can use this key to send my funds from this address?
Thanx
I mean it does not return the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses.
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
Great info thank you Tom.

I ran the code, it opens the GUI wallet and in the CMD page it just says wallet start, over and over.
You are running GUI wallet from command line, that is normal debug output which you should safely ignore.
-Tom
IMPORTANT: Zcash Counterfeiting Vulnerability Successfully Remediated
original post: https://z.cash/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/

VoteCoin is based on zcash, so it had the same vulnerability in its code as well.

Since VoteCoin is following zcash development closely and our team is backporting all news and improvements from zcash, especially the Sapling upgrade, the vulnerability has been fixed in the same manner as it was in ZCash, on the same day when ZCash fixed it (by activating Sapling upgrade in VoteCoin network on 28th of October, 2018).

We have found no evidence that the vulnerability was discovered by anyone else or that counterfeiting occurred.

It is possible to verify the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses (i.e., the Sprout shielded pool) in the output of following command:
Code:
votecoin-cli getblockchaininfo
As long as the value in the shielded pools are greater than zero, no counterfeiting has been detected.

-Tom

Great info thank you Tom.

I ran the code, it opens the GUI wallet and in the CMD page it just says wallet start, over and over.

original post: https://z.cash/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/

VoteCoin is based on zcash, so it had the same vulnerability in its code as well.

Since VoteCoin is following zcash development closely and our team is backporting all news and improvements from zcash, especially the Sapling upgrade, the vulnerability has been fixed in the same manner as it was in ZCash, on the same day when ZCash fixed it (by activating Sapling upgrade in VoteCoin network on 28th of October, 2018).

We have found no evidence that the vulnerability was discovered by anyone else or that counterfeiting occurred.

It is possible to verify the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses (i.e., the Sprout shielded pool) in the output of following command:
Code:
As long as the value in the shielded pools are greater than zero, no counterfeiting has been detected.

-Tom

Is it mean that if I didn't use shielded addresses for transactions from pool/exchange then I've nothing to worry about? And my VOTs safe aren't?

Code:

-Tom
Any idea how I can program a vote that distributes the outcome to voters (sort of gambling I guess). I like to create a poll for tomorrows superbowl game in the US it is sort of a big deal here.
Distribution of winning votes in this case cannot be handled by the protocol or by the wallet, since there is no way for the network to know what vote won. So you need to distribute winning votes manually, I am afraid
Regarding Sapling upgrade, it was a necessary step towards faster and less memory-hungry shielded transactions. Before sapling, every shielded transaction used more than 1GB of RAM and it took several minutes to complete. Due to that, creating polls/votings through VoteCoin took long time and lots of resources, since the polls are technically stored on blockchain as a shielded transactions. Now after Sapling, only about 50MB of RAM is needed to create a shielded transaction, and it only takes few seconds to compute. Sapling shielded addresses are now default in VoteCoin (since 2.0.2), it works if you want to send a transaction to somebody else, but polls are still using old pre-sapling mechanism (called sprout) and it is still neither optimal nor fast.

So, our next goal is to switch to Sapling for polls too in VoteCoin as well. But this requires support for exporting of viewing keys from the wallet for sapling addresses, which is not yet supported by VoteCoin. Since VoteCoin is a fork of zcash, we decided to wait for ZCash to implement it, and then we can backport it easily. Anybody in VoteCoin team does not feel comfortable trying to implement this feature on our own at the moment, since making a mistake would have fatal consequences, so it's safer to wait for official support in ZCash.

Regarding portable wallet, the current GUI wallet can be safely used from an USB device on Windows, since it stores data within the wallet directory. However this is not possible on MAC, since MAC stores wallet data on local user's home directory, regardless of where was the wallet application started from.

-Tom

Thank you. So  downloaded the Windows wallet so I can get my coins off an exchange. Very nice interface.

Any idea how I can program a vote that distributes the outcome to voters (sort of gambling I guess). I like to create a poll for tomorrows superbowl game in the US it is sort of a big deal here.
Regarding Sapling upgrade, it was a necessary step towards faster and less memory-hungry shielded transactions. Before sapling, every shielded transaction used more than 1GB of RAM and it took several minutes to complete. Due to that, creating polls/votings through VoteCoin took long time and lots of resources, since the polls are technically stored on blockchain as a shielded transactions. Now after Sapling, only about 50MB of RAM is needed to create a shielded transaction, and it only takes few seconds to compute. Sapling shielded addresses are now default in VoteCoin (since 2.0.2), it works if you want to send a transaction to somebody else, but polls are still using old pre-sapling mechanism (called sprout) and it is still neither optimal nor fast.

So, our next goal is to switch to Sapling for polls too in VoteCoin as well. But this requires support for exporting of viewing keys from the wallet for sapling addresses, which is not yet supported by VoteCoin. Since VoteCoin is a fork of zcash, we decided to wait for ZCash to implement it, and then we can backport it easily. Anybody in VoteCoin team does not feel comfortable trying to implement this feature on our own at the moment, since making a mistake would have fatal consequences, so it's safer to wait for official support in ZCash.

Regarding portable wallet, the current GUI wallet can be safely used from an USB device on Windows, since it stores data within the wallet directory. However this is not possible on MAC, since MAC stores wallet data on local user's home directory, regardless of where was the wallet application started from.

-Tom
Thank you, very helpful and clear instructions. it worked fine, I hope you will be doing new materials regarding the CPU mining on Windows and Linux.
Question: why the wallet address changes every time when intitating the vot.wallet
 and how the system save it? please advice. thank you

What do you exactly mean by "initiating the vot.wallet"?
VoteCoin stores addersses in wallet.dat file. If this file is missing, VoteCoin assumes you want to create new wallet, so it creates new addresses for you.
Sapling in VoteCoin is now active.
The following pools support it as of now:

whibbit.cn
 powermining.pw
 luckpool.net
 aikapool.com
 basementpool.org      
 minerspool.cc   

Make sure to use pool with proper support else you will waste your resources.
Thank  you

Hey Tom,

I just downloaded the wallet. Looks great, is this a mobile wallet? I unzipped into a USB disk and its running straight from the wallet, nothing was installed. Is this a UBS mobile wallet without the need to be installed in windows?

Also I just wanted to update that basementpool.org does not have VOTE listed.
Pages:
Jump to: