Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 205. (Read 436156 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I think the dev isn't capable this is why he has moved on from this project. He has confirmed this in a PM to me
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
This project is not serious. DEV doesn't have skill to deliver. The windows wallet is not even readable and has major text scaling issues. I'm sure another coin will deliver first.

And what project is that?

Alexandria plans to be 100% DMCA compliant = no popular content...
But it's being built on FLO which is 100% FinCEN non-compliant... and they don't see the contradiction.

What keeps me from totally dumping this is the Order Book between 1300 and 3000 sats...
(Which fucking Bittrex hides because they just add up the whole order book to waste your time):

Bid > 1300... 200,000 VTR

Ask < 3000... 55,000 VTR

There is either a beta test going on behind the scenes... or it's a really well played exit strategy.

I can say that vTorrent dev is honest but probably not the best dev in alt since he/she is busy with their real job.

Being one of the few beta tester and long time in contact with dev, I have no doubt this project is everything but scam.

I plan to be more much more active in this project and also giving hands in development once wallet with torrent is release.

Cheers!

Since we don't get any updates from the dev, do you mind showing us what have you been testing in the beta ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
This project is not serious. DEV doesn't have skill to deliver. The windows wallet is not even readable and has major text scaling issues. I'm sure another coin will deliver first.

But it's being built on FLO which is 100% FinCEN non-compliant... and they don't see the contradiction.

What keeps me from totally dumping this is the Order Book between 1300 and 3000 sats...
(Which fucking Bittrex hides because they just add up the whole order book to waste your time):

Ask < 3000... 55,000 VTR

There is either a beta test going on behind the scenes... or it's a really well played exit strategy.

I can say that vTorrent dev is honest but probably not the best dev in alt since he/she is busy with their real job.

Being one of the few beta tester and long time in contact with dev, I have no doubt this project is everything but scam.

I plan to be more much more active in this project and also giving hands in development once wallet with torrent is release.

Cheers!

If the torrent implementation drops, this is one of the few projects that could break $100m within a few weeks or month of people finding out.

Compare the buzz factor that Ethereum got vs. vTorrent:

vs.

vTorrent remains one of Cointelegraph's most referred articles
Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Ask < 3000... 55,000 VTR

Cheers!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM
legendary
Activity: 1588
Buy When There's Blood In The Streets Grin

Ya man, it makes no sense for the Dev to quit right now:

(a)  he's put 100s of hours into this + bittrex, twitter, pms, etc

(b)  I doubt he's made more than $5-10K so far, so pretty shitty "scam"

(c)  just releasing some rudimentary, limited file sharing would double this coin

This coin was rocking and there are still decent buy orders in the teens...
So even as a straight con there are dozens of ways to skin this cat.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Buy When There's Blood In The Streets Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM
BCT is back, yeah!!!!

Any updates dev?

Yeah....BCT is up but dev. is still hacked - he has body full of wondering viruses and troyans  Grin
Yeah very fishy coin. Why would someone have that on trex this is a pump and dump operation
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
interesting... downloaded the classic client. downloaded 1500 blocks in just a few minutes. Something in the code may have gotten messed up in the v2 client... Either that or it's just slow AF b/c of the bittrex stats/trading features.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.

I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22%

It took me dayyyyyyys to download the full chain.. maybe over a week. That's pretty bad for a "torrent" coin who's blockchain size is in the range of 250mb. It is still a young ambitious coin.

Anyone know what the v is for?
I think it's for making it a pain in the ass to use a search engine to find anything about it. 90% of results are for utorrent, which just makes this project look like a conspicuous knock-off. Why the hell can't duckduckgo or google just search for the damn terms I typed? Though vaporware does seem like an equally plausible theory.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Yes, downloading the full chain is one of the ugliest things in this. I love the ambitiousness of the project, yet it should be a bit more user-oriented, I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.

I'm not sure this is still an issue...
There was a period when you could only get one connection...
Even though Dev's permanent VPS nodes were operational... maybe coin was being DDOSed.

Ya know, the first project to get torrent transfers working on a coin will go Top 50...
Especially if it's a well thought out implementation... so, hey, it's a good area to speculate.

Alexandria thinks they are the Library of Congress (not sure why anyone would pay for legal torrents)...
I've written off SIGU.... the algos are unclear and it looks like shit (yes, it does matter = reflects on competence)...
And multiple projects will definitely come out of NXT... since this is obvious, low hanging fruit.
I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.

So true, anything significantly less convenient than the current standard will certainly deter the vast majority of BitTorrent users. 
Activity: 854
Yes, downloading the full chain is one of the ugliest things in this. I love the ambitiousness of the project, yet it should be a bit more user-oriented, I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.
legendary
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.

I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22%

It took me dayyyyyyys to download the full chain.. maybe over a week. That's pretty bad for a "torrent" coin who's blockchain size is in the range of 250mb. It is still a young ambitious coin.

for the meantime the V stands for Vaporware..

legendary

Jump to: