Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 209. (Read 436156 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Well.. after looking at the Bittrex VTR distribution graph it seems that VTR block explorer is total bullshit..  the numbers don't add up.. at least one of them is lying.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
First, let's see a working torrent system and then we can start the hype train, the dev seems like an honest guy, but there is no way to know if he will deliver.

I've found digital currency interesting for some time now, but as nothing I do encourages using bitcoin, I've never bothered. Am I correct that vtorrent plans to have sharing files be part of the mining process? If so, I'm totally in as soon as I have my own computer again. Bringing the torrent community into the digital currency game is a definite good idea. I only created an account on this site, so I could look into this.

Its nice to see a new member joining this community, welcome to vtorrent!

You are indeed correct that this coin plans to share files p2p via the vtr blockchain. The traditional Proof Of Work mining has finished but there is a Proof Of Stake mining system in place which keeps the network running by vtr holders staking their coins in the wallet and rewarded with a stake of vtr coins when they find a block.

The idea is a perfect fit for crypto, with  a decentalised p2p system where users can freely exchange information over a blockchain.

Vtorrent is going to be huge, ppl just dont see it yet. Everyone says they wish they had bought bitcoin when it was $1. I genuinely I think sometime in the future ppl will look back at this coin and and say similar things

Exactly. Apparently a beta is coming in a couple weeks...that will be the tell all ...VTR may explode after that..only seems logical.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
First, let's see a working torrent system and then we can start the hype train, the dev seems like an honest guy, but there is no way to know if he will deliver.

I've found digital currency interesting for some time now, but as nothing I do encourages using bitcoin, I've never bothered. Am I correct that vtorrent plans to have sharing files be part of the mining process? If so, I'm totally in as soon as I have my own computer again. Bringing the torrent community into the digital currency game is a definite good idea. I only created an account on this site, so I could look into this.

You are indeed correct that this coin plans to share files p2p via the vtr blockchain. The traditional Proof Of Work mining has finished but there is a Proof Of Stake mining system in place which keeps the network running by vtr holders staking their coins in the wallet and rewarded with a stake of vtr coins when they find a block.

The idea is a perfect fit for crypto, with  a decentalised p2p system where users can freely exchange information over a blockchain.

Vtorrent is going to be huge, ppl just dont see it yet. Everyone says they wish they had bought bitcoin when it was $1. I genuinely I think sometime in the future ppl will look back at this coin and and say similar things
Activity: 704
Merit: 500

The idea is a perfect fit for crypto, with  a decentalised p2p system where users can freely exchange information over a blockchain.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I cant buy VTR because BitRex doesnt work over here, is there any plans to add VTR to another exchange?

it's bittrex. maybe you went to the wrong website it should work everywhere.

Yes i registered but i cant deposit, looks like it doesnt accept my country.

Is there any other way to buy VTR?

Create a support ticket with them. They are very good at responding.

I doubt there is an IP ban for your country.  Which country are you in?
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
I cant buy VTR because BitRex doesnt work over here, is there any plans to add VTR to another exchange?

Yes i registered but i cant deposit, looks like it doesnt accept my country.

Is there any other way to buy VTR?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1456
^ I hear the same thing on every single thread..  Roll Eyes

Why not, this brings new tech to the table, useful tech, one that solves censorship. It will even bring a flood of new people into crypto, right now crypto needs a boost, as it's in a big bear market. A few million torrent users would boost all crypto.

There is no tech to bring to the table, 5 months have passed and all VTR has a is a wallet and a few ideas/promises in the air..

There are some private beta testers.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

I would suggest that people look at popular torrent distribution points and prepare a list or be prepared to list vTorrent clients on those sites (from the official downloads, when available).
legendary
Activity: 1288

Why not, this brings new tech to the table, useful tech, one that solves censorship. It will even bring a flood of new people into crypto, right now crypto needs a boost, as it's in a big bear market. A few million torrent users would boost all crypto.

There is no tech to bring to the table, 5 months have passed and all VTR has a is a wallet and a few ideas/promises in the air..

We've waited this long, wait a little longer. Wink
legendary

legendary

legendary
^ I hear the same thing on every single thread..  Roll Eyes
legendary
late to the party but not too late to get in before the huge rise in price with the upcoming release

Still plenty of room for profit, welcome and pull up a chair, crack open an icy cold beer and make some BTC.  Grin

My prediction is that with only just over 10M coins in circulation, by the end of the year this could be worth anywhere from  50C to $1 each.

Anyone else here care to make a prediction?
legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
late to the party but not too late to get in before the huge rise in price with the upcoming release
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Activity: 868
you can try my server as node 192.95.25.117

{
    "version" : "v0.7.2.0-g",
    "mode" : "full",
    "protocolversion" : 80014,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "shadowbalance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "reserve" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 279909,
    "timeoffset" : 82,
    "moneysupply" : 10310750.60713442,
    "connections" : 28,
    "datareceived" : "429.55 MB",
    "datasent" : "1.52 GB",
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "192.95.25.117",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 74.53412176,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.01794074
    }
Activity: 868
FYI

I am connected (3 active connections) and mining with no problem.

Did I miss someting?? I have 22 connection....
legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100
FYI

I am connected (3 active connections) and mining with no problem.
Activity: 672
any active nodes? I was able to download blocks up to 278683 and now i have 0 connections

+1 dev??
Jump to: