Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster - page 25. (Read 102461 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1
If I replace the file in the bamt 32 bit version I receive the following error:
./sgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5:

Did you succesfully installed it on bamt or smos ?

thanks
Crazy
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Whats the fuss all about? Mingw compilation works and speed is according what he say'd, 3mh/s per 280x. Am i missing anything?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
i have looked at it from top to bottom in a hex editor and then loaded in it up with OllyDBG so far.
it may take me a bit to crack i have never loaded sgminer or cgminer in Olly before for static analysis.

if he keeps this up it will be cracked and posted though.
and people you shouldn't be rewarding this guy this way.. it's just not right :/

and i have seen every comment on here so far and the graph guys are full of shit !
i sure as hell don't see any guy post proof of a speed increase of anywhere near 40%.
look some pages back and tell you see graphs or what ever showing a 40% speed increase lol

he also used the crappiest generic compile settings to build it with MingW
/02 arch=generic pentiumpro etc etc
Activity: 71
Is there a setting for 7850 ?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
Just give it time. This thread is not that old. Any one out there want to take a stab at compiling the new source for windows? Wink

where is it ?

40% increase is mighty bold claim lol
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
Honestly the only thing that is stopping me from running this is the closed source forced 2% fee. I would happily pay 2% of my own accord, as I'm sure hundreds of other miners would in order to be able to use this miner, but I will *not* use a program if the source is not provided. Putting it simply, it's not safe. I'm happy making a 2% donation, but to force it by only releasing binary software is going to miss you a huge chunk of market share.

Please release source, and if I can vet it for malware and get these results I'll HAPPILY pay 2% or even more! Just add it as a command line argument like -d 2 would donate 2%! Please even have it set to DEFAULT donate 2%, but people can change it. Even make it hard to change by hardcoding it into the source of the miner - just please release the source code.

Given that this mines ANY X11 coins, how does the donation work exactly? It's very unlikely you have an address specifically for every possible X11 coin, so how do you get this 2% fee? Is there some kind of auto-exchange you've built in? Very odd.

TBH if you don't provide source I'm claiming scam on this even if you have managed to optimise X11 mining to 40%+ hash rates.

you said..

I would happily pay 2% of my own accord

that is pure bullshit !
99% of you will NOT donate unless there is a gun to your head.. don't gimme that bs lol
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
People who are cutting out the 2% dev fee using round-about methods simply shoudn't be allowed to use the software in the first place.

Greedy bastards.

he is violating the GPL agreement and that is one thing but you took it way too far.
he is in no way entitled to fuck all. and you have no right saying dipshit garbage like that.
your a cancer on this scene and all of you that use shit like this.
your the kind of people that support scam coins and have made this scene as shitty as it is.
get some class..

and OP i'll give you one chance to send me the source code so i can inspect it and make sure its real / legit..
or i will crack it and share it..

i eat software for breakfast and i have your miner and if i want it cracked the only question at all is what way of dozens will i do it.
i will give you my word if you send me the code privately i will keep it to myself only and share it with no one.
and if you do that i won't crack it and share it publicly.
think about it..
the only reason i offer this is because i want to know if you did what i did on past miners like Quark last year where i made a cheat mode miner
and recently on Jackpot coin and in reality the speed increase is *mostly bullshit i think ? lol
i can vouch for you or or crack it and post it choice is yours.
if you share the code with my i will inspect it and report back and share it with no one and post no cracked versions.. or Wink

i seen this online somewhere and new it would be posted at Bitcointalk Wink
and i know something about this because i did similar last year on Quark and all X11 coins are nothing but a rip off clone of Quark.
AND AND
some guy did this same exact bullshit with Quark with the fist gpu miner.. EXACTLY ..even the fee was 2% lol
as most of you here will not have known lol
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Downloaded the mingw version.
Activity: 213
how to check the temperature of cards?
Activity: 130
Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.
I should also mention that changes to sgminer might be needed to accomodate this new kernel. I don't have any plans to do it.

no need to worry about reverse engi it atm, but your work is appreciated. just use pool gaurd.
to the person who made this updated kernal, thanks but we pay enough in fees with pools and transfers.
I have already reversed it Smiley, I posted the kernel with the supposed speed improvements. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

But it might not work without making sgminer compatible !
Replaced darkcoin.cl with yours posted, no speed increase in sph-sgminer.
You have to delete the .bin files and try again.

Didn't work for me either Sad

I replaced the contents of darkcoin.cl with what was linked. I deleted all .bin files besides the one I use to launch sgminer. Using sgminer 4.1.0-96-g983e.

Miner wouldn't even start for me so I'm probably doing something wrong...
As I mentioned this before, it is possible it doesn't work without modifying sgminer to work with it. Strange though, a user claimed it compiled the kernel for him.

Your paste bin has a typo (missing the first '/') but even with that, it still crashes the GPU... so not sure what else is missing.
NRD
Activity: 37
Have you finished cleaning up your source code to release it yet as you stated you would earlier?
Where is the source code repo for this?
For fuck's sake, people — read the thread.
Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.

good job, but as i already promised the developer of sgminer, the code will be released early next week, so you just got yourself a few days with the kernel.

I had just read through 10 1/2 pages and skimmed through the last 1 1/2 and missed his response, but thanks for pointing it out. That's so considerate of you. I was merely attempting to put a little pressure on this guy to release his code so everyone can know it's safe to use. What he stated in your quote is inconsequential. People are using this code now, people who may or may not know about the dangers of running un-vetted code. As such, they deserve the source code released to the public as is. What needs cleaning up that would take so long? I'm no programmer, but would it really take that long to essentially "proof read" it, or is he/she is just taking their time to allow for a longer period with people mining on the fee pool? I'm sorry if I seem apprehensive, but this just seems a bit fishy to me. Release the source and people will donate if they deem your work worth while, otherwise we have no way of knowing what's in this.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Just give it time. This thread is not that old. Any one out there want to take a stab at compiling the new source for windows? Wink
Activity: 280
Bitnation Development Team Member
I can't believe more people aren't raising a ruckus about the fact that this dude is transparently and has even admitted to breaching the terms of the GPL! What the hell happened to this scene that this is seen as acceptable behaviour!? Shame on you all. Greed over anything else.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
MUch higher hash rate but very low ascepted ..try with few pool same sht..higher hash rate but lower payouts then "old" miner ..i guess dev pool is primary and you cant change that  ..so until open source i leave it for now
Activity: 602
I am definitely thankful for the increased hashrate and improved efficiency. But baking code into the program to grab the 2% doesn't settle well for me and most people. If you would consider removing this and posting publicly the 2% free version, I would be glad to donate.
Activity: 224
Hm this is definitely interesting. It does give a boost for sure. The 280x in my main PC is running at 3.3k now, and all my others are at 3.0-3.1. I'm not sure why the one card runs at 3.3, maybe because it has newer AMD drivers and the other dedicated miners use the older standard mining drivers? Don't really have the time to test it right now but maybe someone out there does.

Also agreeing on the Pool Guard from CGWatcher stopping the mandatory donation. No offense dude but fuck that, you ASK for donations you don't demand them and you certainly don't get to tell me where to point my miners. I can appreciate that you want to make some money off this, and you deserve to, but honestly you are violating licensing and trying to force people to give you donations...not cool :/.

Besides all that, failover has been forcibly removed from the miner and that's a giant pain in the ass. Release a version that you didn't rape with mandatory donation shit, it'll be done once you release the source code anyway.

Still, thank you for your work. I can't say I at all approve of your donation methods but it's good to see some X11 performance improvements.
Activity: 252
Been experimenting with settings on my R9-270x, getting around 1950KHs with the following config. Reject rate has been about 4%, but the 2% fee pool 0 doesnt seem to accept any shares just "requested work restart" so I don't know if that has an effect.

I get better results using -g 3 and a lower thread concurrency, but I suspect it depends on system RAM so some ppl may find -g 1 and -tc 21568 is better for them:

-I 19 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 2 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --gpu-powertune -20
--temp-target 65 --temp-overheat 70 --temp-cutoff 80
Activity: 378
You can't blame people for wanting the source, and expressing their opinion.

Also, the GNU license issue was never addressed.
The author answered these questions on the previous page, what else is there to address? Huh
The GPL license terms do not allow "preparing the code", they require the exact code used to compile the binary be available at the same time as the binary*.

Note that while copyright holders are not required to wait 30 days to see if the infringer cures his non-compliance before issuing DMCA/takedowns, I personally feel some patience is appropriate.

* It permits reasonable shipping and handling delays, but this is n/a online.
Anyone know yet if the "preparing the code" also included any secret malware?  Did whoever reverse engineered it see if there was any bad sources in the code??
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Cant seem to get CGWatcher working with it, won't pick up the new profile.

Make sure you have enabled --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

That capital W is a must.

I've got latest version of cgwatcher working fine to see miners.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
You can't blame people for wanting the source, and expressing their opinion.

Also, the GNU license issue was never addressed.
The author answered these questions on the previous page, what else is there to address? Huh
The GPL license terms do not allow "preparing the code", they require the exact code used to compile the binary be available at the same time as the binary*.

Note that while copyright holders are not required to wait 30 days to see if the infringer cures his non-compliance before issuing DMCA/takedowns, I personally feel some patience is appropriate.

* It permits reasonable shipping and handling delays, but this is n/a online.
Pages:
Jump to: