Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster - page 26. (Read 102461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
You can't blame people for wanting the source, and expressing their opinion.

Also, the GNU license issue was never addressed.
The author answered these questions on the previous page, what else is there to address? Huh
kov
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
Have you finished cleaning up your source code to release it yet as you stated you would earlier?
Where is the source code repo for this?
For fuck's sake, people — read the thread.
Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.

good job, but as i already promised the developer of sgminer, the code will be released early next week, so you just got yourself a few days with the kernel.

You can't blame people for wanting the source, and expressing their opinion.

Also, the GPL license issue was never addressed.

I'm interested in the optimization, and I'd be happy to contribute for the development, but not until we can get some more transparency from girino.

*edit: corrected license
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Have you finished cleaning up your source code to release it yet as you stated you would earlier?
For fuck's sake, people — read the thread.
Through reverse engineering I have extracted the modified kernel source code. http://pastebin.com/XxLpewZH

Tips are appreciated.

good job, but as i already promised the developer of sgminer, the code will be released early next week, so you just got yourself a few days with the kernel.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
NRD
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

mingw ? what does that mean ? Is this still for windows ?

mingw is a windows compiler. The AMD library for temps and fans (ADL) is not compatible with the compiler i used previously (cygwin). Both versions are for windows.

Activity: 253
Merit: 250
As I mentioned this before, it is possible it doesn't work without modifying sgminer to work with it. Strange though, a user claimed it compiled the kernel for him.

This opencl code has 11 kernels instead of just one as in regular sgminer. The speed improvement comes from better use of SIMD by executing shorter kernels instead of a single long one. There's some memory overhead because of it, but it's largelly compensated by the speed improvement.

How can i make this work with conf file and not bat file ?
And btw if you dont fix the missing temps of the cards, this would be a no go ... too risky

Download the mingw version.

All temps / fans working my my end.

Go back to the 1st post on this thread and click the download link for dropbox. 

The author updated the files with newer versions.

Download the mingw version of the miner and you will have an sgminer which shows temps and fan speeds accurately now.

I am running it on Windows 8.1 with CGWatcher and it works well.

Cant seem to get CGWatcher working with it, won't pick up the new profile.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

mingw is a windows compiler. The AMD library for temps and fans (ADL) is not compatible with the compiler i used previously (cygwin). Both versions are for windows.
legendary
As I mentioned this before, it is possible it doesn't work without modifying sgminer to work with it. Strange though, a user claimed it compiled the kernel for him.

This opencl code has 11 kernels instead of just one as in regular sgminer. The speed improvement comes from better use of SIMD by executing shorter kernels instead of a single long one. There's some memory overhead because of it, but it's largelly compensated by the speed improvement.

And btw if you dont fix the missing temps of the cards, this would be a no go ... too risky

temps work on the new build, read first post.
Activity: 20

Go back to the 1st post on this thread and click the download link for dropbox. 

The author updated the files with newer versions.

Download the mingw version of the miner and you will have an sgminer which shows temps and fan speeds accurately now.

I am running it on Windows 8.1 with CGWatcher and it works well.

Activity: 518

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Activity: 20
Verified Higher hashrate on 3 pools I use regularly.

Best increase was on my 270x Rig: 1450 to 1990 hashrate . So 270x(5) rig went from roughly 7Mhash to 10Mhash.  Temps up just a few degrees, very negligible. Power up only 30 Watts on Kill-A-Watt to total 570 Watts on a 5 270x GPU Rig.  Love the x11 mining for the summer so far.

Tried newer upload and I do indeed get temps and fan speed back in SgMiner.
CGMiner seems to work well also.  Using Windows 8.1.

A couple of API errors every so often, but has been running nonstop overnight.

Seems legit so far, hope this helps someone.

Would you mind posting your 270x settings? I am getting 1850-1900 but 1990 is great. Thanks!!!

Sure Sandpaper!

I have MSI 270x Gaming 2gig'ers

--kernel darkcoin --auto-fan -I 19 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 21568 -w 256 -g 1 --temp-target 70 --temp-overheat 80 --temp-cutoff 90 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500

Hope it helps......

Can ANY ONE confirm that there are no viruses etc in this miner ?
legendary

legendary

Tips are appreciated.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
every old card i have freezes with this miner, 57xx, and 58xx series.
fix?
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Verified Higher hashrate on 3 pools I use regularly.

Best increase was on my 270x Rig: 1450 to 1990 hashrate . So 270x(5) rig went from roughly 7Mhash to 10Mhash.  Temps up just a few degrees, very negligible. Power up only 30 Watts on Kill-A-Watt to total 570 Watts on a 5 270x GPU Rig.  Love the x11 mining for the summer so far.

Tried newer upload and I do indeed get temps and fan speed back in SgMiner.
CGMiner seems to work well also.  Using Windows 8.1.

A couple of API errors every so often, but has been running nonstop overnight.

Seems legit so far, hope this helps someone.

Would you mind posting your 270x settings? I am getting 1850-1900 but 1990 is great. Thanks!!!
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
i can confirm 42% real PROFIT boost

i runned 2 identical rigs in the same period time at nicehash
old sph-miner
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=3&addr=185E1ot7kikD8T1qr7nsxgfvaW3yr5g7H1
net this miner
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=3&addr=19SS44aZniLQRc45oFLGaSC8fszDA67kMn

its for sure 42% bigger profit with this miner !!!

280x from about 2MH -> 3 MH

FOR Radeon R9 280x
Code:
-k darkcoin
-o http://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u tytanick.991 -p x
-I 19 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 2 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192
--gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --gpu-powertune -20
--temp-target 65 --temp-overheat 70 --temp-cutoff 80

I also rented betarigs with the new miner.  Sync pool 6 mh/s instead of 3 mh/s looks. Hiring in the pool before drk 6 mh/s saw. Is incompatible with the sync?

I rent your Rig:)

Yes, I'm looking for solutions. Smiley
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
i can confirm 42% real PROFIT boost

i runned 2 identical rigs in the same period time at nicehash
old sph-miner
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=3&addr=185E1ot7kikD8T1qr7nsxgfvaW3yr5g7H1
net this miner
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=3&addr=19SS44aZniLQRc45oFLGaSC8fszDA67kMn

its for sure 42% bigger profit with this miner !!!

280x from about 2MH -> 3 MH

FOR Radeon R9 280x
Code:
-k darkcoin
-o http://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u tytanick.991 -p x
-I 19 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 2 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192
--gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --gpu-powertune -20
--temp-target 65 --temp-overheat 70 --temp-cutoff 80

I also rented betarigs with the new miner.  Sync pool 6 mh/s instead of 3 mh/s looks. Hiring in the pool before drk 6 mh/s saw. Is incompatible with the sync?

I rent your Rig:)
Pages:
Jump to: