Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11] X11/Darkcoin Gpu Miner - updated to use leaked binaries - even faster - page 6. (Read 102432 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I have installed https://github.com/lasybear/sph-sgminer_x11mod on all my rigs (7950, 7970, R9 280X and R9 270). All rigs with 7950, 7970 and R9 280x work perfectly, but rigs with R9 270 hangs out very often from 15 min to 2 hours. But if I set in config
"kernel" : "darkcoin" instead of "kernel" : "x11mod"
rigs work perfectly and stable, but hashrate is more low. Can you fix this?
I have use BAMT 1.3, 1.6.2 and PiMP 1.4.2.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://super.pool.com:3333",
"user" : "user.rig",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "75",
"temp-target" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "2",
"gpu-fan" : "20-100",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"intensity" : "15",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : "4028",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "x11mod",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "2",
"expiry" : "30",
"scan-time" : "30",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
had to switch to the girino version and back to BAMT 1.6.0.  Too much instability on the free version: I could not mine for more than 8 hours at a time even with intensity and engine clocks reduced on PiMP. All my cards are R9 270, and 270x with one HD6870 thrown in for laughs.

Is there a way to pimpupdate to the girino version?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
we cant rent our rings
the failover option doesnt work as expected

failover is not available in this miner. You can either alter the source code to fit your needs or look for alternative solutions that have been posted on previous comments in this thread.
I've created a pull request to add your copyright.

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
we cant rent our rings

failover is not available in this miner. You can either alter the source code to fit your needs or look for alternative solutions that have been posted on previous comments in this thread.
I've created a pull request to add your copyright.
legendary
we cant rent our rings

Activity: 969
Merit: 1000
we cant rent our rings
legendary
what am I doing wrong?

driver installed. AMD SDK installed.

config:
Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;./dlls
set TERMINFO=.\dlls\terminfo
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum-us.trademybit.com:4440 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY  --kernel darkcoin -I 19 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 21568 -w 256 -g 1 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500

result:

Error -4 means "there is a failure to allocate memory for buffer object". This either means your card doesn't have enough "local" memory on your GPU to run X11 (it needs at least 8Kbytes of local memory), or that you have memory problems on your GPU.

Have you deleted all the .bin files from the folder before running? Which gpu models are you using?
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
what am I doing wrong?

driver installed. AMD SDK installed.

config:
Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;./dlls
set TERMINFO=.\dlls\terminfo
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum-us.trademybit.com:4440 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY  --kernel darkcoin -I 19 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 21568 -w 256 -g 1 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500

result:

legendary
Activity: 854
You guys sure this miner doesn't submit fake shares to offset the increase in hash-rate?

Because I have no idea how it mines 40-50% faster while using 10% more electricty.

Code refactoring can work wonders.  There is plenty of room to optimize AMD code to produce more hash at the same wattage.

Optimized Nvidia code is producing 2+ mhs @ 30w on a 750 Ti and 5.5mhs+ on 780 Tis @ ~250w.

AMD code is so unoptimized for x11 it's nearly criminal.  

Wow, you're getting that from the new miner? What about the old one, not the "40% faster"?
30w power consumption while mining 2+mh/s, seriously? How much is the gpu load?

No, that was toward the cuda ccminer in which 750 Ti's are pulling over 2mhs (near 3 i hear with latest build) @ 30w.

My point was that it should not come at all as a surprise that more hash was squeezed out in the same watt envelope with AMD hardware.
legendary
You guys sure this miner doesn't submit fake shares to offset the increase in hash-rate?

Because I have no idea how it mines 40-50% faster while using 10% more electricty.

Code refactoring can work wonders.  There is plenty of room to optimize AMD code to produce more hash at the same wattage.

Optimized Nvidia code is producing 2+ mhs @ 30w on a 750 Ti and 5.5mhs+ on 780 Tis @ ~250w.

Wow, you're getting that from the new miner? What about the old one, not the "40% faster"?

I think he is talking about cudaminer for NVidia.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

legendary
i have 4.1.0g windows. on another miner speed works but in this version not can you give link to working miner for windows with working fan speed in miner, it works i think  but not shows?

The right file for fans and temps working on windows is: x11-sgminer-win-FANS_AND_TEMPS_WORKING-mingw-build2.zip

(i renamed the file so people knows what to look for)
legendary
How you add fans ? my miner not shows speed of fans

use the "mingw" version. The earlier "cygwin" versions are not compatible with ADL.
legendary
That means ADL isn't working, and the miner software cannot see or change fan speed, temperature, or clockrates.

So far, I haven't gotten this to compile on linux so that fan speeds work.

ADL files are not free, so are not provided within the source. You have to download them from AMD and copy them to the ADL_SDK folder before running "./configure". Read the ADL_SDK/readme.txt file for download links and instructions.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
All of you, complaining about the 2 % fee, are really stingy guys. If you don't like it, don't download it in the first place !!!

Can't believe your comments......just incredible what sort of buggers you are. Did you ever made something like this Huh Where others make
a good profit, and you take just 2% for you effort ?

I got it running after about 1h. One Notebook went from 240kHs to 740kHs on an AMD ATI card.

That's +300% !!!

GIRINO, you are the best :-)
Keep in mind the lot of users who DL it and are so happy, that they find no time to write something good in here for you.

...and for the stingy guys, Girino should have kept it for himself. And just post screenshots, without telling the secret.....hahahahahahah :-)

Thanks again, GIRINO
Activity: 826
i have 4.1.0g windows. on another miner speed works but in this version not can you give link to working miner for windows with working fan speed in miner, it works i think  but not shows?

Did you download the mingw or the cygwin version?
Activity: 826
any help runing this with defult bamt commands?(intergrate into bamt)
mine start etc....

i installed it but have to start manully and i want to run it but defult mine commands any help?

yes this would be HUGELY appreciated.
how do you even run it manually??? I have installed it using the instructions, just don't know how to run it!  Cry

I posted this a few pages back.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6957249

Let me know if you have any questions.

This looks good, I've been using WinSCP for a long time anyway. So,
-Upload the file from the Step 1 into this folder and overwrite the orginal file
-Delete ALL BIN files from folder and restart mining session.
1) What is meant by step 1? should I just download the zipped file from github and extract everything in /opt/miners/sgminer-4.1.0-sph ? don't I need to ./autoconfig and make?

I didn't have to autoconfig or make anything. I just replaced the file in the opt/miners/sgminer folder. I used WinSCP as root to copy the file from my Windows machine to my BAMT machine and overwrote the OG file.

2) Which bin files? How do they look like?

thanks

The Bin files are in the /opt/miners/sgminer-4.1.0-sph folder.

Activity: 294
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
That means ADL isn't working, and the miner software cannot see or change fan speed, temperature, or clockrates.

So far, I haven't gotten this to compile on linux so that fan speeds work.
Activity: 294
Pages:
Jump to: