Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 132. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
A half decent GPU miner has been created:
https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner

There are several things to keep in mind 1) it is designed to work with 700 series nVidia cards but should work on 400 series cards if you change the make file 2) for now you will have to compile the GPU miner yourself for various reasons, we will try to post pre-compiled binaries when they become available.

See github project page for more information about usage and compiling.

Don't like the idea of gpu miners getting in this early, but it's eventually will happen with all coins that get popular enough. Good thing, it will prevent botnet from monopolizing the network. Hope an AMD miner is in the work.

Will there be a product/service that can be use with XCN? I mean purchase things with XCN exclusively.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Cool. However, doesn't seem to work on EC2 GPU instance (GRID K520). minerd gives error:

Code:
GPUassert: invalid device ordinal trashminer.cu 370

I guess it should be expected since it is supposed to work with 700 series of cards.

Can you post the build instruction for cuda on linux?

Should be pretty much in the README. Device ordinal probably caused by not running -t option. Must have threads equal to number of GPUs in system.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
Cool. However, doesn't seem to work on EC2 GPU instance (GRID K520). minerd gives error:

Code:
GPUassert: invalid device ordinal trashminer.cu 370

I guess it should be expected since it is supposed to work with 700 series of cards.

Can you post the build instruction for cuda on linux?
Activity: 770
a GPU farm is not impossible, but implementing these CL files for an AMD gpu is pretty hard. It would suprise me if someone made it that far. a large botnet is possible.

By the way: that mini blockchain feature is a really useful feature! Nice find
freshcoin use mini blockchain feature

No it does not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/frsh-freshcoin-freshcoin-for-1-into-game-low-algo-pom-fresh-online-670939
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
a GPU farm is not impossible, but implementing these CL files for an AMD gpu is pretty hard. It would suprise me if someone made it that far. a large botnet is possible.

By the way: that mini blockchain feature is a really useful feature! Nice find
freshcoin use mini blockchain feature
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
why did the bottom fall out on the price?

The release of Cuda GPU miner, I assume.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
cloud miners dumped to pay the bills since gpu's will now be coming online
Activity: 658
why did the bottom fall out on the price?
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
And an additional 20% drop in price, I'm 100% out on this one until a better CPU miner comes along.
Followed by a 15% drop in price on c-cex and bter, making it unprofitable for me =(
Just ordered some new hardware too, such is life of a CPU miner =D
Either way, still a great coin with mini blockchains and no asics.
Activity: 442
Whoever has that huge amount of hashing power might have created their own private GPU miner but we have no damn GPU miner, but catia has been working on one for the last few days and it should be available soon.

Is it the one just released?
Any hope for ATI/AMD?
Activity: 462

There are several things to keep in mind 1) it is designed to work with 700 series nVidia cards but should work on 400 series cards if you change the make file 2) for now you will have to compile the GPU miner yourself for various reasons, we will try to post pre-compiled binaries when they become available.

Thanks!!

+1 (although cpu phase been fun)

bitfreak, how come you call it "half decent"? low preformance, stability issues or anything else?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
@bitfreak, would it be possibile if you made an emission chart of XCN, showing how the coin is mined over the course of it's pow period?

+100

Lastly and not pushing bool here for I don't own a single coin, even though I was there in first two weeks, difficulty went high up almost immediately, I got 0.08 a day and shut down cores... GPU miner does exist and it in the hands of bool dev! and despite that they have done well.. which is veeeeery strange

see their "network state", it's geeks paradise, but believe all of this adds to value of coins (in general)  tech tools/gadgets etc

http://boolberry.com/state.html

love aliases too, market has awarded them bonus because of innovation, things like that, you innovated small block chain and thats very cool...

ha! 20 minutes and now we have 192,469.49615285 so people are mining it, too bad there could underground GPU software to which 1 has access and/or massive bot nets, you want the former (but opened sourced Nvidia & AMD), keep an eye on that difficulty and dont burn your CPU's in the process  Cool

off to tend others in the portfolio

I have a faster BBR miner Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

Thanks!!
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
PogChamp

You should really add info on how to add nodes to the op under the usage section, people are asking everyday and this coin is probably losing a ton of would be miners who can't be bothered with a coin that doesn't work out of the box.

Check the FAQs.  They are literally posted on this same page:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8196634

I get that, but page 58 =/= First post and it says nothing about nodes.  I myself have it figured out, I'm saying at a glance for new users it's not easy to find.  There's a difference between keeping the main post clean and leaving out information needlessly.
Activity: 308
[...] Who believes that the hash rate has naturally grown to 6 billion from less than half that over the past 1-2 days while the price has dropped by more than half?

FWIW: There was a bug with 1GH (the only pool available so far), which was causing effective hashrate for every worker to be 35% to 50% of what it should have been. The pool was effectively wasting hash for all the miners connected by not updating work units correctly. When reorder posted about a fix on their thread, the nethash started a speedy climb to what it is now (with 1GH @90% of nethash within a couple of hours).
I was using a few AWS instances at the time, and could see my hashrate nearly tripled within a few minutes.

Cheers,
~ Myagui

Can confirm https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8188929

coin's  reputation +1  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution

[...] Who believes that the hash rate has naturally grown to 6 billion from less than half that over the past 1-2 days while the price has dropped by more than half?

FWIW: There was a bug with 1GH (the only pool available so far), which was causing effective hashrate for every worker to be 35% to 50% of what it should have been. The pool was effectively wasting hash for all the miners connected by not updating work units correctly. When reorder posted about a fix on their thread, the nethash started a speedy climb to what it is now (with 1GH @90% of nethash within a couple of hours).
I was using a few AWS instances at the time, and could see my hashrate nearly tripled within a few minutes.

Cheers,
~ Myagui

Can confirm https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8188929
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

Cheers,
~ Myagui
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Thank you for the excellent breakdown! I'd like to raise an issue apart from the specs, however, that's currently presenting a real challenge for this coin, which is the fallout from yesterday's failure to meet most people's expectation of a Bittrex add. Clearly, it's placed downward pressure on price.

As this turn of events was so surprising to so many of us, I'd like to solicit input, particularly from the developer, as to why this occurred, and what steps are being taken to get the coin onto Bittrex.

Thanks.

Bittrex is a cess-pit of pump and dump scamcoins. Adding this coin to Bittrex will not make its value suddenly increase.
Jump to: