Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 131. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
why did the bottom fall out on the price???

More supply than demand is always the only objectively correct answer.

But my opinion is that it was grossly overvalued for a coin that was only a few days old with major "growing pains" and I said so a few days ago.

There is also an overhang of one guy with over 500k coins mined from the beginning at very low cost (and whatever other ninja miners we don't know about)

I still think it is somewhat overvalued, but not too bad at this point. I'd be a buyer at 1500 given no further developments.

Do you think it goes back up in the long run, given the high supply?

I think there is some price where the supply can be absorbed by the market, if the coin continues to develop and begin to realize its potential for scalability, microtransactions, etc.  That is a big if, which is why the initial burst of buying was overly exuberant.

The supply is fixed in XCN but not in BTC. At a lower price the supply is less of an overhang.

If the price drops to something sustainable and then the coin begins to successfully develop, then the price should go back up.

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

But my opinion is that it was grossly overvalued for a coin that was only a few days old with major "growing pains" and I said so a few days ago.

There is also an overhang of one guy with over 500k coins mined from the beginning at very low cost (and whatever other ninja miners we don't know about)

I still think it is somewhat overvalued, but not too bad at this point. I'd be a buyer at 1500 given no further developments.

Do you think it goes back up in the long run, given the high supply?
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
down down  Cry

Very high inflation rate at the moment. I would not expect price to be be stable at a higher price
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
any instructions for building gpuminer under Win?
I'm stuck at
Code:
Install libcurl devel (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
* Make sure you have libcurl.m4 in MinGW\share\aclocal
* Make sure you have curl-config in MinGW\bin
In the MSYS shell, run:
Downloading curl-devel gives NO libcurl.m4, anywhere. No curl-config either
running autogeh.sh returns
Code:
configure.ac:15: installing `./compile'
configure.ac:4: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:4: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:6: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:6: installing `./missing'
compat/jansson/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
configure.ac:107: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

As far as I know nobody has gotten it to work. The typical instructions for reorder cpu-miner should get you past where your at though. The crux of the matter is that once you manage to deal with curl and gmp, you get to the nvcc problem. nvcc requires that you use cl.exe and not gcc. Supposedly these objects cannot link with other gcc generated stuff for reasons i don't understand. So then you have situation where you actually need curl and gmp to be built with cl.exe. The dependencies on libgmp can be removed though, mostly it is for debugging. As for libcurl I have no clue. In any case your probably going to have to do something less automated than the makefile. On IRC we had some people doing the "manual compile", typing in various commands to gcc to build objects. What good that does when gcc can't link with cuda is beyond me.

Rumor has it that ccminer's build infrastructure is somewhat more advanced in dealing with windows. Porting the code to ccminer is not so hard, most of it started there anyways, but ccminer doesn't know how to speak XCN to, well the only XCN pool.
It might be worthwhile to get a CPU version of ccminer running on xcn.1gh.com. Then it's pretty simple matter to get the GPU codes brought in.

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
any instructions for building gpuminer under Win?
I'm stuck at
Code:
Install libcurl devel (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
* Make sure you have libcurl.m4 in MinGW\share\aclocal
* Make sure you have curl-config in MinGW\bin
In the MSYS shell, run:
Downloading curl-devel gives NO libcurl.m4, anywhere. No curl-config either
running autogeh.sh returns
Code:
configure.ac:15: installing `./compile'
configure.ac:4: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:4: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:6: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:6: installing `./missing'
compat/jansson/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
configure.ac:107: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

information is classified for now, but do yourself a favor and use Intel processors, AMD's are great for GPU bridge for standard mining, this coin here for me is theoretical exercise although I used my setup to mine primecoin (riecoin too) very successfully early in the days (too late now) also cloud farms but here be warned as it is unprofitable also press your local law enforcement cyber division to dismantle bot nets not just for the sake of crypto coins  Cool

Not bad. I tweaked the miner and reached 760kh/s on my CPU. i7-4770k.

Aww.  Decided to poke a little.  I'm at 510kh/s on an i7-4790.  (not k;  up from about 400 default).

I should poke at the pool miner instead, it's probably less of a hassle to play with.
[/quote]

Heh, I'm not competing. I spent less than an hour toying with it.

Also, 1GH's miner is better than the stock one.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

ya or theirs a premine, or its a scam, as fast as this is falling, <100satoshi incoming
<3 throwing away money to bullshit
legendary

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
usually apt-get install libgmp-dev

is it.

Got that installed already sadly, was hoping that was it.
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory

Install the development library for gmp. Exact instructions depend on your linux distribution.

I realize you're not CudaMiner support so don't need to reply, but used these instructions, on Ubuntu 14.04

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1043547

and got:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CudaMiner'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm able to compile all other Linux CudaMiners, is why I brought up this being an obscure install, I guess it needs something I've never had to use before up until now.

You'll also want to install libcurl4-openssl-dev, and you may need to copy m4/sph_tiger.h into the build directory.

Got libcurl4-openssl-dev installed already, copied m7/sph_tiger.h (don't have a m4 in the git that I saw) same error.
Activity: 164
where is the AMD GPU minner for XCN?
Activity: 120
the price don't suit for the coin,just buy!
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
usually apt-get install libgmp-dev

is it.
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:

Install the development library for gmp. Exact instructions depend on your linux distribution.

I realize you're not CudaMiner support so don't need to reply, but used these instructions, on Ubuntu 14.04

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1043547

and got:

I'm able to compile all other Linux CudaMiners, is why I brought up this being an obscure install, I guess it needs something I've never had to use before up until now.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Anyone mining with AMD CPU?

Please share hashrate results.

I am mining with AMD.

FX-6300@4,2 GH = 420 kH
Athlon II X2 B28 @ 3,4 GH = 150 kH
Athlon X2 4850e  @ 2,5 GH = 90 kH

Some updates as we have new miner:

FX-6300@4,2 GH = 512 kH
Athlon II X2 B28 @ 3,4 GH = 175 kH
Athlon X2 4850e  @ 2,5 GH = 105 kH
A4-6300 X2 @ 3,7 GH = 148 kH

nice

I am mining with 2 MHS  w/ AMD 1090T (only 150 W power consumption, but boxes heat up regardless) will try to push to 1,000 maybe more and wait for GPU and perform plan as above , we have plenty of time 10 years!

In my estimation if CPU botnets, there is approx 300 to 500 machines infected which is not a lot actually, my humor is getting less and less, but there is some decent innovation behind this coin, but can not have CPU only or this happens, people will mine mostly for fun (not profit) when GPU miner comes up prices will come up automatically, that's all

next time something like this is launched a link to GPU miner should be made available at the same time, if this would happen here exchanges would devour this coin like no tomorrow and miners would rejoyce

amazing, which miner do you use?

information is classified for now, but do yourself a favor and use Intel processors, AMD's are great for GPU bridge for standard mining, this coin here for me is theoretical exercise although I used my setup to mine primecoin (riecoin too) very successfully early in the days (too late now) also cloud farms but here be warned as it is unprofitable also press your local law enforcement cyber division to dismantle bot nets not just for the sake of crypto coins  Cool

Not bad. I tweaked the miner and reached 760kh/s on my CPU. i7-4770k.
legendary
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:

No dice on the CudaMiner, following the instructions with all dependencies installed.

m7hash.c:84:2: warning: passing argument 3 of âcuda_scanhashâ discards âconstâ q                                  ualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
m7hash.c:59:10: note: expected âvoid *â but argument is of type âconst uint32_t                                   *â
mv -f .deps/minerd-m7hash.Tpo .deps/minerd-m7hash.Po
nvcc -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=compute_35 --ptxas-options=-v   -O2 -o cuda_sha5                                  12.o -c cuda_sha512.cu
In file included from cuda_sha512.cu:49:0:
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directoryIn file included                                   from cuda_mul.cu:48:0:
compilation terminated.
In file included from cuda_sha256.cu:48:0:
compilation terminated.

compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [cuda_sha512.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from trashminer.cu:58:0:
uint256.h:16:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directorymake[2]: *** [cu                                  da_mul.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [cuda_sha256.o] Error 1

compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [trashminer.o] Error 1
mv -f .deps/minerd-cpu-miner.Tpo .deps/minerd-cpu-miner.Po
mv -f .deps/minerd-util.Tpo .deps/minerd-util.Po
mv -f .deps/minerd-scrypt.Tpo .deps/minerd-scrypt.Po
mv -f .deps/minerd-sha2.Tpo .deps/minerd-sha2.Po

Activity: 211
A half decent GPU miner has been created:
https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner

There are several things to keep in mind 1) it is designed to work with 700 series nVidia cards but should work on 400 series cards if you change the make file 2) for now you will have to compile the GPU miner yourself for various reasons, we will try to post pre-compiled binaries when they become available.

See github project page for more information about usage and compiling.

Don't like the idea of gpu miners getting in this early, but it's eventually will happen with all coins that get popular enough. Good thing, it will prevent botnet from monopolizing the network. Hope an AMD miner is in the work.

Will there be a product/service that can be use with XCN? I mean purchase things with XCN exclusively.

xcn has only been out for 7 days...

Some of the successful coins, minus the scam coins, had services/products online with a week. Not trying to rush it, but a tentative schedule would be nice.

You should start it SpeedDemon13.  Start telling places you'd like to buy using XCN and why you prefer it.
Activity: 518

There are several things to keep in mind 1) it is designed to work with 700 series nVidia cards but should work on 400 series cards if you change the make file 2) for now you will have to compile the GPU miner yourself for various reasons, we will try to post pre-compiled binaries when they become available.

Don't like the idea of gpu miners getting in this early, but it's eventually will happen with all coins that get popular enough. Good thing, it will prevent botnet from monopolizing the network. Hope an AMD miner is in the work.

Will there be a product/service that can be use with XCN? I mean purchase things with XCN exclusively.

Some of the successful coins, minus the scam coins, had services/products online with a week. Not trying to rush it, but a tentative schedule would be nice.
Activity: 770

Jump to: