Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 156. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Back again,

So, my hashrate is 44mh/s -small equipment- according to whattomine.com I should be mining 27 coins per hour but actually Iäm getting just 18 per hour.. Idk, what could be the reason for that? is it the pool?

thanks,

From where you take that hashrate? Miner or pool side? Thats big difference. How typed pallas whattomine cannot count with orphans, pool luck, diff and other factors.

Those are the readings of the miner. I don't trust suprnova because it shows obviously wrong hashrates. I mean right now it says 63 mh/s and I'm pretty sure 4 GTX 1060 can't do that. I just wanna know if I'm missing something. ist it normal to have such difference -40%- between expectations and results?

something is wrong with suprnova.
with 4 nvidia 1070 local hashrate is around 46mh. win 10 anniversary update. CUDA installed and virtual memory adjusted to 20 - 30 GB
pool hashrate vary between 16 and 63mh.
estimation on statistic/pool 41,881mh    982.268XCN/day
earning Last Hour    13.63484121, that make 327 XCN/day
3 times lower than estimated.
about 7 hours of mining, for test, and 1/3 of expected gain.
i will let them mine for a whole day, but i do not think will be better.

with 4 GTX 1070 you should be mining at around 60mh/s I'm having 4 gtx 1060 and already reaching 46 mh/s

and on suprnova? what hashrate have you?
how many xcn in a day? calculated by you, last 24h, not by the pool.
i use win7, what do you use?

The pool is pretty unstable showing values between 35 and 65 mh/s. I get 400 XCN/day

to see a more stable hashrate (because it is averaged over a longer period) click on "statistics", then "graphs".
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
Back again,

So, my hashrate is 44mh/s -small equipment- according to whattomine.com I should be mining 27 coins per hour but actually Iäm getting just 18 per hour.. Idk, what could be the reason for that? is it the pool?

thanks,

From where you take that hashrate? Miner or pool side? Thats big difference. How typed pallas whattomine cannot count with orphans, pool luck, diff and other factors.

Those are the readings of the miner. I don't trust suprnova because it shows obviously wrong hashrates. I mean right now it says 63 mh/s and I'm pretty sure 4 GTX 1060 can't do that. I just wanna know if I'm missing something. ist it normal to have such difference -40%- between expectations and results?

with 4 nvidia 1070 local hashrate is around 46mh. win 10 anniversary update. CUDA installed and virtual memory adjusted to 20 - 30 GB

with 4 GTX 1070 you should be mining at around 60mh/s I'm having 4 gtx 1060 and already reaching 46 mh/s

The pool is pretty unstable showing values between 35 and 65 mh/s. I get 400 XCN/day
Activity: 140
Back again,

thanks,

with 4 nvidia 1070 local hashrate is around 46mh.

Back again,

thanks,

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Finally found it!

Last week a friend would like to use XCN to exchange my BTC, I have not yet agreed because I was the first time to hear about XCN.

A more question: where to trade XCN? or How do I confirm the price of XCN?

If you look thru the first post of this thread, there is a list of exchanges supporting XCN/BTC and XCN/CNY trading pairs.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Finally found it!

Last week a friend would like to use XCN to exchange my BTC, I have not yet agreed because I was the first time to hear about XCN.

A more question: where to trade XCN? or How do I confirm the price of XCN?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
About the suprnova estimates (on pool stats): they are always about double what I actually get, please keep this in mind.
Activity: 78
Made some progress at learning about mining pools...
Have one Pool up using Cryptonote and now for MPOS.
These are not using XCN, however. Still understanding how they work, while looking under the hood of the coding.
I am hoping in a few days to get an internal test pool running.
and what I find odd, is how there are values to these coins.
After learning about the nature of money I at least realized that the whole concept is way more abstract than I ever thought.
Ain't that the truth.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
and what I find odd, is how there are values to these coins.

Well the same goes for "normal" fiat money. The value comes from people's trust that they get something for the money. Nothing more, nothing less. Normal money is backed by government law forcing every trader to accept that currency as the nominated value and therefore enforcing that trust. That's still lacking for crypto coins.
If a country goes bankrupt, it's actually that promise that's being broken which causes disaster - but it doesn't have to. The far bigger disaster is caused from the fact that every bit of normal money out there is created by debt and therefore every one of us is indirectly paying huge interest rates to those who created the money. And that's unfortunately not the general public / government.

In case of experimental altcoins I would say the trust is more like hope that the coin's innovation might lead to it becoming widely accepted at some stage. The huge advantage of crypto coins is the fact that they're created in a public, open source process and represent value WITHOUT any claims for interest of any party. That's for example the reason why I'm interested in cryptos.
Other people might have different reasons like trust that they will be able to sell it for more of a different coin.

After learning about the nature of money I at least realized that the whole concept is way more abstract than I ever thought. I think misunderstanding the true nature of money is one of the biggest general shortcomings of modern society. Fortunately, bitcoin is changing that at the moment and shows that literally anything can be money, as long as people trust in it. The more trust, the higher the demand and demand vs availability then results in a value.
First of all I'd like to say that altcoins, especially those developed years ago, are supposed to be experiments.
The best that comes out from them, might be imported into the "main" coins like bitcoin.
The best ones may get market acceptance but that is really hard, as there are many coins and even bitcoin itself still has a long way to go, in this department.
XCN is experimental in nature, there is a lot of innovation, and despite that, it is still running fine as of today.
I'm pretty sure that catia, the original developer, didn't hope for a life so long of his coin ;-)
About regulation against mining and other consensus methods, well, maybe it's a bit offtopic but we can still talk about it, as a possible future development for XCN.
I do agree... and what I find odd, is how there are values to these coins.
I have Coin A and someone has Coin B. Neither one is really any different from the other. But Coin B has more value to it than Coin A. And people are willing to trade between the two. It is something that I have a difficult time explaining to people who do not know about crypto currencies.

Aside from the technical aspects, there are unfortunately single point of failures. For XCN, one of which as example, if Suprnova takes its pool off-line, the coin pretty much dies; as it would prevent any new comers for it, and kill off its potential popularity. Then again it could become like Latin, a dead language, but still has use...

For regulation, I am exploring the means of regulating the mining side for coins. The goal is to make mining fun and bring people (general public) into it, seeing as they could earn money from home without working. I see this as one of the key means of getting a coin to be successful. But in order to do so, regulations would be used to ensure 'fairness' (as best as possible) of mining. This I think though will turn some people off, as their identities would have to be validated.
The numbers go along with what I am experiencing.
The projection do not match the actual.
I bring in about 60% to 80% of what should be mined

From the looks of things, taking three guesses:
- There are a number of disconnects that occur, and thus actual mining performance suffers.
- The pool running on Suprnova is experiencing high CPU rates (based on the posting history).
- This of course is the only public pool, which the system's resources may be at limits with the number of mining functions being performed.

I am looking at getting a pool running and documented of "How To", but the current available documentation is lacking, and no one seems to be willing to share the information of how to do this. So, I am exploring a couple of options to jump start it, while going through the codes.
Back again,

thanks,

I just calculated the earnings from the last day. exactly 400 XCN/day with reported hashrate from CCminer 43-45.5 mh/s. the estimations were actually 640 XCN/day. Well, the stratum connection goes off sometime but I always keep an eye on it. I don't think the total time offline would more than half an hour during the whole day. still the profit from XCN is higher than ethereum though but I'm a bit disappointed.
Activity: 140
Back again,

thanks,

Back again,

thanks,

Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Hi pallas,

I just had a wallet crash (with txindex 1).
This is all I got out of it. I didn't attach my memdump, don't know whether it contains any wallet info.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1375952

I can't read the file, could you please put it into pastebin or mega?

Sure:
https://pastebin.com/fytwbM7L
two xml files in that bin. I hope it is of any value. I couldn't make much of it.
Activity: 176
Back again,

thanks,

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Back again,

thanks,

Maybe whattomine doesn't take orphans into account.
Back again,

thanks,
legendary
Black Belt Developer
First of all I'd like to say that altcoins, especially those developed years ago, are supposed to be experiments.
The best that comes out from them, might be imported into the "main" coins like bitcoin.
The best ones may get market acceptance but that is really hard, as there are many coins and even bitcoin itself still has a long way to go, in this department.
XCN is experimental in nature, there is a lot of innovation, and despite that, it is still running fine as of today.
I'm pretty sure that catia, the original developer, didn't hope for a life so long of his coin ;-)
About regulation against mining and other consensus methods, well, maybe it's a bit offtopic but we can still talk about it, as a possible future development for XCN.
Jump to: