Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 165. (Read 215662 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 113
oh my god guys, what's going on with the price???

0.081 USD??
https://www.cryptonator.com/rates/XCN-USD/

Crazy!!  Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 231
Merit: 101
Opinions please: 200MH enough to bother with solo mining? I know it's good for network anyway but....
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Exchanges briefing

• Bter: working, but some currency withdrawals are blocked and some delayed (unrelated to XCN)
  • BX: working (reported, never tested myself)
  • Btc38: wallet blocked, trade open; last message from them is "we are too busy, but we will fix it"
  • Novaexchange: listing delayed because they need to add support for "extended precision" amounts to their software

polo turned off their wallet and now coins are trapped there? any way to get them to open it?
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Would be nice if bittrex adds this coin. Its into top 100 almost. Crazy trading volumes.
Could someone please post node list ( I have the one from OP ) still very slow to sync. Also what is best place to trade at the moment? I have accounts already at the ones listed but any troubles or is any one better than the other? Thanks Smiley

The OP has links to the explorers which you can glean the peers from.  These are live.

Explorer1: http://xcn-explorer.selektion21.de/
Explorer2: http://xcn-explorer.miners-zone.net/

Head to their connections page, like this one, and you will have a list of IPs.

Then add them manually like this...

Code:
addnode 41.50.137.116 add

Also be sure and grab the pre-synced blocks from OP as well.  Here.

Bter is where I trade because everything is working, I don't keep them there though.  For that I use a paper wallet.

Thanks for the info Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Could someone please post node list ( I have the one from OP ) still very slow to sync. Also what is best place to trade at the moment? I have accounts already at the ones listed but any troubles or is any one better than the other? Thanks Smiley

The OP has links to the explorers which you can glean the peers from.  These are live.

Explorer1: http://xcn-explorer.selektion21.de/
Explorer2: http://xcn-explorer.miners-zone.net/

Head to their connections page, like this one, and you will have a list of IPs.

Then add them manually like this...

Code:
addnode 41.50.137.116 add

Also be sure and grab the pre-synced blocks from OP as well.  Here.

Bter is where I trade because everything is working, I don't keep them there though.  For that I use a paper wallet.
Activity: 123
How much xcn fund holded by poloniex?  Any guess?

A block explorer would help there I guess. Anyone still has XCN funds on Polo? Visible?

I do. I am glad they locked my funds so far.  Grin
Activity: 180
Hi I want to ask you do you have mining calculator? Thank you in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
How much xcn fund holded by poloniex?  Any guess?

A block explorer would help there I guess. Anyone still has XCN funds on Polo? Visible?
Activity: 177
How much xcn fund holded by poloniex?  Any guess?
Compile with QT4 instead of 5.

Got it... Had to hack it though.  In the src/qt folder I replaced all -fPIE with -fPIC.

I am up and running.
Activity: 96
Merit: 25
Compile with QT4 instead of 5.
Wallet help on Linux.

I am running KDE Neon running Ubuntu 16.04 on the back end, and for the life of me I cannot get the wallet to compile.

For the past few weeks I have been running the Win-qt version in Wine as a stop gap, or have to go to my win machine running Win10.

I have seen and tried a few guides but still a no go, but would really like to get there.  It appears that the problem is with the libraries being to new on 16.04, and that I should be starting with 14.04.

Please, any thoughts comments or links to help would be appreciated.

https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/Cryptonite/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

I have been through this... I am missing something.  I am not positive on how to get my libraries straight for the build.

Got really close on this last round...  Only thing left is the gui build, but qt yelled and sent an error during compile.

Code:
n file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui/qwindowdefs.h:43:0,
                 from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets/qwidget.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets/qmainwindow.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets/QMainWindow:1,
                 from bitcoingui.h:12,
                 from bitcoin.cpp:9:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1113:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC (-fPIE is not enough)."
 #  error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -r
    ^
Makefile:1230: recipe for target 'libcryptoniteqt_a-bitcoin.o' failed
make[5]: *** [libcryptoniteqt_a-bitcoin.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/john/Documents/git_repos/Cryptonite/src/qt'
Makefile:2562: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/john/Documents/git_repos/Cryptonite/src/qt'
Makefile:1015: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/john/Documents/git_repos/Cryptonite/src/qt'
Makefile:904: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/john/Documents/git_repos/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:676: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/john/Documents/git_repos/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:510: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Wallet help on Linux.

I am running KDE Neon running Ubuntu 16.04 on the back end, and for the life of me I cannot get the wallet to compile.

For the past few weeks I have been running the Win-qt version in Wine as a stop gap, or have to go to my win machine running Win10.

I have seen and tried a few guides but still a no go, but would really like to get there.  It appears that the problem is with the libraries being to new on 16.04, and that I should be starting with 14.04.

https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/Cryptonite/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

I have been through this... I am missing something.  I am not positive on how to get my libraries straight for the build.
Activity: 96
Merit: 25
Wallet help on Linux.

Hm, I'd try an FPGA first. If that works, so does an asic.
Activity: 35
yeah.. but that same page says it's not memory hard. So we can build an ASIC?
According to the wiki, this is the algorithm:
SHA-256(SHA-256(h)*SHA-512(h)*Keccak(h)*Ripemd(h)*Haval(h)*Tiger(h)*Whirlpool(h))

You can look up each single component and find out more about it online. The fact that it's running well on GPUs tells me that it scales well with parallelism.
Activity: 35
Hello all.
I am trying to understand the M7 algo used by cryptonite. The wiki page says it's not memory hard? What exactly does that mean, please?
Is it bounded by memory bandwidth (like Equihash) or ability to massively "parallelise" the work?
If it's the former, then we can simultaneously mine with CPU cores, right? If it's the latter, then it's not ASIC-resistant, no?
Jump to: