Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 382. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
the volume is so high for a brand new exchange, very positive news.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
please remember that the chain has an attack vector of bootstrap poisoning
you mean it can contain malware or it can be with fake blockchain?
At least more researching from the things that are not desirable of all people, that it would harm if it really happened ...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
you mean it can contain malware or it can be with fake blockchain?
Activity: 245
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
@Byte16

thank you very much.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
We need an updated official bootstrap of the blockchain.
Make sure to save SEED!
If you already set up password, unlock before backup
Advanced --> Accounts --> Backup/clipboard wallet Seed
Then paste with Ctrl+V in Notepad and save in safe place
64 digits and letters
Check twice! Seed is the most important thing to restore your accounts

Close wallet and make sure it's closed in Task Manager Processes (rai_wallet.exe)
Download and extract files from archive to %LOCALAPPDATA%\RaiBlocks with replacement
Win64 (03.06.2017): https://yadi.sk/d/MIo_CrLz3Jo8W8
Win32 (03.06.2017): https://yadi.sk/d/XmVGnWgm3Jo8GE

After replacement start wallet again. Wait for full sync before import!  
Advanced --> Accounts --> Import wallet
 1st field: paste Seed you saved in file before
 2nd field: type
clear keys
 And press Import Seed
 Then check if your old account is restored. If you use more that one account, add others in Advanced --> Accounts --> Create account

The 7.8.5 version takes ages to load and sync.

I tried to reinstall 7.8.4 but it does not work.

Any help would be welcome.

What error? If error deserializing config after downgrade, backup %LOCALAPPDATA%\RaiBlocks and then delete or rename config.json from there.
@RaiBlocks: please provide links to the older wallet versions so every one can use the one which fits best to its use....7.8.4 working smoothly....7.8.5 didn´t sync....tried everything

https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/releases
older versions can be installed but they didn´t start.....described error appears

^^^

This.

Thanks
Activity: 504
@RaiBlocks: please provide links to the older wallet versions so every one can use the one which fits best to its use....7.8.4 working smoothly....7.8.5 didn´t sync....tried everything

https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/releases
older versions can be installed but they didn´t start.....described error appears
Took me 3 hours to sync from 0 to 1370700.

The interface is a little confusing when downloading the chain as the block count is different for the client and the main chain AFAIK

No need for a official bootstrap  Smiley

just because you did not experience any issue doesn't mean others aren't

so please fuck off.

the way you respond tells me you are the issue  Cheesy

no problems here on OSX and MS with latest wallets and i'm a first time user of this coin

seriously fuck off you fucking twat.

if i am experiencing issues and others are too, that means that when it goes on a major exchange, problems will arise.

so it is in your interests as well that any issues are ironed out before that happens.

do you get that "first time user" or are you too thick to understand the implications?

Roll Eyes

ps: am using the windows wallet....

the only interest i have is not taking part in a community of mentally ill pre-teens.

show at least debug logs and steps so people with knowledge can reproduce you short comings

In case you did not get it yet, I wasn't asking you for help.

Byte16 already uploaded a bootstrap previously but I was asking if he has an updated one.

My query was actually meant for him, not for smart asses who think that just because everything is fine and dandy in their little world, it means that

it's the same for everyone else.

Roll Eyes

the client has an option to switch to another (faster) peer for the bootstrap.

why ignore the easy way of getting in-sync?

The interface is a little confusing when downloading the chain as the block count is different for the client and the main chain AFAIK

so please fuck off.

no problems here on OSX and MS with latest wallets and i'm a first time user of this coin

if i am experiencing issues and others are too, that means that when it goes on a major exchange, problems will arise.

so it is in your interests as well that any issues are ironed out before that happens.

do you get that "first time user" or are you too thick to understand the implications?

Roll Eyes

the only interest i have is not taking part in a community of mentally ill pre-teens.

show at least debug logs and steps so people with knowledge can reproduce you short comings

In case you did not get it yet, I wasn't asking you for help.

Byte16 already uploaded a bootstrap previously but I was asking if he has an updated one.

My query was actually meant for him, not for smart asses who think that just because everything is fine and dandy in their little world, it means that

it's the same for everyone else.

Roll Eyes

did you try "initiate bootstrap" by selecting some random peers from the "peers" menu?

so please fuck off.

Roll Eyes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

so please fuck off.

Roll Eyes

so please fuck off.

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

No need for a official bootstrap  Smiley

so please fuck off.
i also having issue with my wallet its been almost 2 days now and im wondering if my old version wallet can still sync properly or i already needs a newer version i like to see if there's another way like bootstrap so it will be much easier to sync if the version is still compatible. thanks rai community lets move forward to achieve much bigger exchange, trex we are on our way...

so please fuck off.

We need an updated official bootstrap of the blockchain.

Activity: 282
Merit: 100
Lost all 2000 claims Sad
Me too.

I've read that they will compensate for that mistake but how to be eligible for getting claims back? 2000 claims lost because of dev's mistake is pretty upsetting.
Jump to: