Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 133. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 260
August 24, 2013, 06:19:56 PM
What do you think?

I think we can live with the old logo until someone invents a new awesome one! One that everybody likes Roll Eyes
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
August 24, 2013, 06:14:03 PM
Well I say we go back to the Yak imagery once 10-year-olds have all the money and power in the world Smiley  Until then, let's rally behind a more professional theme.

It seems like you're forgetting this is the "Yet Another Coin". Tongue So I think it deserves a funny logo (in a good sense, ofc).

Good point... which is why the 'official' name will change to Your Alternative Coin/Currency. This is the beauty of decentralization. Besides, the original developer is MIA.

Vote!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-what-would-yac-mean-in-a-perfect-world-251108
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
August 24, 2013, 06:11:10 PM
No good lord no. How is that stupid 'Yak' imagery not killed off yet?
I don't like it either, but aren't there more important things to do ATM?

Nevertheless we lack of a good way to decide about things such as this. AFIK there hasn't been any real changes to Yacoin yet, but even such trivial things like a logo can't be decidet yet. We have to stick to the old one.As long as nobody changes anything viral this is ok, but if we ever want to be able to decide about controversial things we need to find a good way to do it. Polls in a forum are rigged, letting the dictator Joe rule the world or a scream battle in a threat aren't good ways to do it.
What do you think?
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
August 24, 2013, 06:04:35 PM
Well I say we go back to the Yak imagery once 10-year-olds have all the money and power in the world Smiley  Until then, let's rally behind a more professional theme.

It seems like you're forgetting this is the "Yet Another Coin". Tongue So I think it deserves a funny logo (in a good sense, ofc).
August 24, 2013, 05:59:23 PM
Well I say we go back to the Yak imagery once 10-year-olds have all the money and power in the world Smiley  Until then, let's rally behind a more professional theme.
August 24, 2013, 05:49:28 PM
No good lord no. How is that stupid 'Yak' imagery not killed off yet? The value of fiat is based off of perception, and a funny-looking animal as the symbol is great to sway the perception of an outsider? The issue has already been addressed earlier in this thread... here are the logos to use, but I obviously like the one in my profile... http://imgur.com/NyRv4oc,NrPE30u,tHZ59ga,7BGBnGI,WzSU1Mc,ny0zcw3,tH5L9QA,tf0HQqq,BeYDNvK,MLL536l,1wlxCzx#8

LOL why, I like the Yak logo.  Cheesy
August 24, 2013, 05:36:38 PM
No good lord no. How is that stupid 'Yak' imagery not killed off yet? The value of fiat is based off of perception, and a funny-looking animal as the symbol is great to sway the perception of an outsider? The issue has already been addressed earlier in this thread... here are the logos to use, but I obviously like the one in my profile... http://imgur.com/NyRv4oc,NrPE30u,tHZ59ga,7BGBnGI,WzSU1Mc,ny0zcw3,tH5L9QA,tf0HQqq,BeYDNvK,MLL536l,1wlxCzx#8
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
August 24, 2013, 02:54:17 PM
Thanks for the logos!
Git pull request to WM's repo created. https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/pull/6

Looks great. WM and I are working on the details of the transition, but I (or WM) will merge as soon as possible.
August 24, 2013, 02:41:49 PM
Thanks for the logos!
Git pull request to WM's repo created. https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/pull/6

EDIT: sent you a little tip. Wink
August 24, 2013, 02:32:39 PM
thanks!  Smiley
Activity: 280
August 24, 2013, 02:20:03 PM
a few minutes in your favorite image editor with a resizeable YAC logo
Took me longer to find that damm logo than resizing only to find that alenevaa had it already done.

Good work alenevaa!
August 24, 2013, 02:07:53 PM

Done!  Cool

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqswrmnvf704b4r/yac-icons.zip

I don't like this logo personally too much, but it's more or less official
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
August 24, 2013, 01:56:40 PM
BTW, we can change the Novacoin icons in Qt client to proper YAC icons. All that needs to be done is generate a few sizes of png and ico images with YAC logo. If someone has the skills to do it (a few minutes in your favorite image editor with a resizeable YAC logo), I've attached a zip with all the required dimensions/formats:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jf8bkdmslcb4nn/yac-icons-todo.zip
+ 1
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2013, 01:48:16 PM
BTW, we can change the Novacoin icons in Qt client to proper YAC icons. All that needs to be done is generate a few sizes of png and ico images with YAC logo. If someone has the skills to do it (a few minutes in your favorite image editor with a resizeable YAC logo), I've attached a zip with all the required dimensions/formats:

Not a big deal, but it's been bugging me forever...I like where yac is heading, just needs a little push. After some point the xpm miners might flock this way.
August 24, 2013, 12:47:31 PM

August 24, 2013, 09:49:39 AM
Since I started with POS (walletpassphrase xxxxxxxx 999999999 true) over one month ago, I have some difficulties with the client:

1. No POS blocks found, no rewards or anything recieved
2. Starting the client takes 5-10 minutes, sometimes crashes
3. Most important: I hardly can send yacs to another wallet or trading platform or anything. Error: Transaction creation failed. I already tried dividing into 500Yac pieces and even smaller. Once in a while (like 1 of 10) a transaction gets through with a high fee (12YAC at the last try of 350Y). After a failed transaction the client crashes most of the time.
4. Some of the transaction that work, keep getting unconfirmed until I start the client with --rescan.

I can't find any other help in the net. Somebody here got an idea?

Are you p2pool mining? If so, you probably have thousands of small inputs and when you try to combine them into a single, say, 500 YAC output, you exceed a transaction size limit (thus the huge fee).
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
August 24, 2013, 08:20:39 AM
Since I started with POS (walletpassphrase xxxxxxxx 999999999 true) over one month ago, I have some difficulties with the client:

1. No POS blocks found, no rewards or anything recieved
2. Starting the client takes 5-10 minutes, sometimes crashes
3. Most important: I hardly can send yacs to another wallet or trading platform or anything. Error: Transaction creation failed. I already tried dividing into 500Yac pieces and even smaller. Once in a while (like 1 of 10) a transaction gets through with a high fee (12YAC at the last try of 350Y). After a failed transaction the client crashes most of the time.
4. Some of the transaction that work, keep getting unconfirmed until I start the client with --rescan.

I can't find any other help in the net. Somebody here got an idea?
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
August 24, 2013, 02:29:58 AM
Joe, would it make sense to clone the various miner clients into the yacoin repository so that there is one central place where good, working copies of the CPU and GPU miners can be found?  Even if they're not the latest version, it's still something...
Unless he wants to check the source of all miners this is a bad idea. It doesn't bother me when someone puts a walletstealer in some miner, but if such thing ends on the official repository it's a PR nightmare.

Alright, check out my github repository for the CPU miner and clone that if you feel comfortable with the changes.  I took ali1234's code, merged it with floodyberry's updated scrypt-jane library, speperated out the yacoin unique stuff into its own file and added instructions on how to compile under windows.  Check the code, and if you don't find any wallet/key/password stealers, add it to the repo...  I tried to get ali1234 to accept a pull request on his, but it's still sitting there after several months.

https://github.com/Thirtybird/cpuminer
August 23, 2013, 02:44:41 PM
Joe, would it make sense to clone the various miner clients into the yacoin repository so that there is one central place where good, working copies of the CPU and GPU miners can be found?  Even if they're not the latest version, it's still something...

IMO that's nonsense. Keeping working binaries on one site (eg. yacoin.org) would be nice, though.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
August 23, 2013, 01:03:09 PM
Joe, would it make sense to clone the various miner clients into the yacoin repository so that there is one central place where good, working copies of the CPU and GPU miners can be found?  Even if they're not the latest version, it's still something...
Unless he wants to check the source of all miners this is a bad idea. It doesn't bother me when someone puts a walletstealer in some miner, but if such thing ends on the official repository it's a PR nightmare.

It would absolutely be nice to have Thirtybird, but as St.Bit mentions, it's probably not too feasible to include all of the various miners.  I do hope to have verified YACoin client binaries available at some point for Win and Linux in one repository.    
Jump to: