Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 37. (Read 129054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
No Problem!  Sorry for the troubles

Hope it will arrive to you in one of the following time frames!

1.  a few days   Shocked
2. 1 month  Roll Eyes
3. 2 months  Wink
4. 3 months  Undecided
5. 4 months  Cry
6. NEVER!!!!  TOUGH LUCK!  Grin Grin Grin

Just being realistic and I guess a little sarcastic. Smiley Email sent as requested with all information. My order details email and shipment email.

Impressed to see Bitmain helping with a pump.  Good to see not sending them over to syscooling.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Well, like I posted before two of my pumps were making noise and one finally died today. I wonder how long it will take to get a replacement in the US? Let's take a pool. 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? 4 months? Never?

While BMW is sorting you out, may I ask what coolant that is? Its a lovely lime shade.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Well, like I posted before two of my pumps were making noise and one finally died today.

Were you closing the cap tightly?
Did you fill coolant to the top?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
No Problem!  Sorry for the troubles

Hope it will arrive to you in one of the following time frames!

1.  a few days   Shocked
2. 1 month  Roll Eyes
3. 2 months  Wink
4. 3 months  Undecided
5. 4 months  Cry
6. NEVER!!!!  TOUGH LUCK!  Grin Grin Grin

Just being realistic and I guess a little sarcastic. Smiley Email sent as requested with all information. My order details email and shipment email.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Come on now.... 

1.  a few days   Shocked
2. 1 month  Roll Eyes
3. 2 months  Wink
4. 3 months  Undecided
5. 4 months  Cry
6. NEVER!!!!  TOUGH LUCK!  Grin Grin Grin

PM sent!

Well, like I posted before two of my pumps were making noise and one finally died today. I wonder how long it will take to get a replacement in the US? Let's take a pool. 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? 4 months? Never?

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

try to switch it to static ip ( give it a ip of 192.168.1.10 )and change the dns server to 8.8.8.8 and see if that works
Activity: 56
What if you brought a router just to test?
legendary
I'm able to connect to the miner again but it's not hashing. Here are the screenshots:

What PSU are you using?

Thank you very much for responding.
An Aerocool Strike-X 1100W 90A at +12V; but the PSU cannot be causing any problems, it has to be a network thing because as I said the miner worked perfectly at my home (previous location) during more than 20h and everything was ok. Now I'm trying to make it work from an office at university, I do not need any login to access the internet, I just got a router and connected it to a RJ45 from the wall, internet works nicely, the miner does not.

Any ideas? Is it maybe a ports thing?

It could be internet related as part of the problem but it wouldn't usually display like that - you'd just get pools with no connection. It very much looks like a hardware issue with the main culprit being power [as you have no modules shown]. PSUs can die at the most random times as well.

The last thing you can try is updating the C1's firmware to the latest version, but I don't think that's your problem, and you'll need a second PSU to test.

Hello again, a couple of days and nothing seems to work. I took it back home (from university office) today and it is working great, no problem at all. As I told you the PSU is not the problem, it's less than 24hours old (the PSU) and same the miner.

Curiosity, at uni it shows X.X.X.0 in hardware software version and at home 3.3.3.0
This shows that it is definitely a network's problem, but how could I fix it??!

Thank you very much in advance for any possible solution. I wish Bitmain had a half decent customer support after shipping. It's an "only selling" company and it seems like I'd waste my time waiting for them to give me a solution so I'm not gonna even try.

Unfortunately I'm not sure why it wouldn't work if you're using DHCP, sorry.

You will need help from your university.   There could be additional security on dorms.  What IP address does your computer get?   Is your miner in same range?   

It almost sounds like your seeing a cache of miner.  If you clear history/cache can you still see it?

There is a network diagnostic tab in the GUI.

You can change the name from bitmaintech.com to your pools URL

Is not on a dorm, it's on an office. I have my own router in the office and has 192.168.1.1; the miner has been assigned 192.168.1.101 so I assume that's the same range.

If I clear the history/cache I can still see it. I've tried the diagnostics tab and nothing seems to work, ping...etc but at home everything is correct (diagnostics also seem correct at home).

What can I do?

When you are running at the office, are the network settings set to DHCP?

Of course, that's the only way for the miner to have an address assigned, no?

With static it does not necessary need dhcp.   I was wrong it seems assuming dorm, with it being office.  Do you have a tech support staff there?  It just really sounds like something is stopping you with networking.  Wish i could throw out a easy fix but sounds like you have set it up right, just is not working.
Activity: 9
I'm able to connect to the miner again but it's not hashing. Here are the screenshots:

What PSU are you using?

An Aerocool Strike-X 1100W 90A at +12V; but the PSU cannot be causing any problems, it has to be a network thing because as I said the miner worked perfectly at my home (previous location) during more than 20h and everything was ok. Now I'm trying to make it work from an office at university, I do not need any login to access the internet, I just got a router and connected it to a RJ45 from the wall, internet works nicely, the miner does not.

It could be internet related as part of the problem but it wouldn't usually display like that - you'd just get pools with no connection. It very much looks like a hardware issue with the main culprit being power [as you have no modules shown]. PSUs can die at the most random times as well.

The last thing you can try is updating the C1's firmware to the latest version, but I don't think that's your problem, and you'll need a second PSU to test.

Hello again, a couple of days and nothing seems to work. I took it back home (from university office) today and it is working great, no problem at all. As I told you the PSU is not the problem, it's less than 24hours old (the PSU) and same the miner.

Curiosity, at uni it shows X.X.X.0 in hardware software version and at home 3.3.3.0

Thank you very much in advance for any possible solution. I wish Bitmain had a half decent customer support after shipping. It's an "only selling" company and it seems like I'd waste my time waiting for them to give me a solution so I'm not gonna even try.

You will need help from your university.   There could be additional security on dorms.  What IP address does your computer get?   Is your miner in same range?   

It almost sounds like your seeing a cache of miner.  If you clear history/cache can you still see it?

http://i58.tinypic.com/262nr5z.jpg

Is not on a dorm, it's on an office. I have my own router in the office and has 192.168.1.1; the miner has been assigned 192.168.1.101 so I assume that's the same range.

If I clear the history/cache I can still see it. I've tried the diagnostics tab and nothing seems to work, ping...etc but at home everything is correct (diagnostics also seem correct at home).

What can I do?

Of course, that's the only way for the miner to have an address assigned, no?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Slow day on the pool and I decided to move the C1 to the back room.  But I thought I'd open it up and take a first inside look first and check the torque on the heatsink screws.  Disappointment.  They've used only one screw where the S3's had a pair of screws.  Worse is that a large number of the screws that are there are stripped in their aluminum heatsink holes!

The screw pair has only one side tapped the other is tapped from the far side.  I realize that.  Still, thru tapping instead of blind tapping might have allowed two shorter screws to be used.  But then again, they do have that stripping screw holes problem.  Threaded cast aluminum is always touchy to torque.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

What PSU are you using?

http://i58.tinypic.com/262nr5z.jpg

What can I do?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

What PSU are you using?

legendary

What PSU are you using?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

What PSU are you using?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
i get sometimes 4 x's from my s2, it's bbb related, or something with the mainboard!

This is the C1 thread. Post a screenshot in the S2.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i get sometimes 4 x's from my s2, it's bbb related, or something with the mainboard!

What PSU are you using?

Pages:
Jump to: