Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 40. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 250
It's rather amazing how poor quality those pumps are, I've been keeping my C1 cool with one of these little guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-CPU-Cooling-CAR-Brushless-Water-Oil-Pump-Waterproof-Submersible-AP-/121458053302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4776d0b6

$6, no problems at all.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I believe 2 of my pumps are starting to fail. They are making a kind of a rubbing sound and I don't think they are pushing the coolant through as much as they should, hence the higher temps. If I have to buy cooling parts all the time for this miner, I'll never break even. It is very unfortunate that the miners seem to be doing just fine, but all the cooling packages are failing or having troubles. It is quite frustrating! I'd love to buy all EK pumps, but spending $100 on each pump just doesn't make sense since the whole miner cost a little over $300.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
With the upcoming diff spike and and the currant BTC price, prices for miners are becoming less attractive. Things are going to get interesting. I was about to pickup another C1 because of the quietness over the new S5s, but with the current conditions buying these miners is starting to become hard to rationalize. I hope BITMAIN continues to make water cooled models when & if things turn around.

With BTC now under $300 there is no sense to buy anything. I would suspect people are shutting more hardware off then buying new stuff.

I'll be selling my 2 Spondoolie SP10's very soon, since I can only co-locate them and I get charged $150/month for that. An SP10 makes about $150/month so I'm just wasting energy right now. It would be perfect for the guy who can run it from his home or doesn't have to pay electricity.

legendary
Personal text my ass....

Most high end power supplies have a power switch already and you don't need to use that huge long power line. This one is for the Corsair and Seasonic models. It doesn't have the pins in it, but all you need to do is pull a couple wires out of an old power supply or pretty much anywhere and stick them in I think slots 4 and 5.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21185/ele-1200/FrozenCPU_ConnectRight_14-Pin_Female_PSU_Power_Connector_-_Corsair_Seasonic_-_Black.html?id=cKjRoZ8z&mv_pc=217

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hi all,
My C1's pump broke, no worky...
is there any place in the US where to buy a replacement? i know syscooling carries it, but it seems to be sent from China...
anyone found a replacement that can be used? thanks
While you searching for replacements in USA,you could contact us to ask for RMA,please send emails to [email protected] with pictures or short video.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Odd.  Today my wattage rose from 845 yesterday, includes pump, to 880 watts.  Also this evening my hashrate was down around 950.  Radiator is in the window drawing in 25.4°F air.  I tried the GUI reboot for the first time.  The unit wattage dropped to 220 watts (generally 145 watts when starting cold) then picked up to ~500 watts.  The GUI said I was only getting about 500GH/s and no temperature was registering.  After a minute of this I shut it down (sent halt from ssh) then killed power, let sit for 60 seconds and reapplied power.  Started at 145 watts then up to 820 watts and after 8 minutes getting 968GH/s(avg) and rising.  Temperatures are still reading 0 on all 4 chains.  Disconnecting a fan....

--------------------------

21 minutes: 1,061.90GH/s(5s), 1,000.20GH/s(avg), temps: 20 22 20 22 Fan 1,200, 831 watts

legendary
Activity: 1456
Hi all,
is there any place in the US where to buy a replacement? i know syscooling carries it, but it seems to be sent from China...

I have 2 of these running and working great - http://www.ebay.com/itm/380693788606

Also I use this to power it and radiator fans - http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/
thanks. Did it include fittings or you had to buy those separately?

It included fittings.  They were nothing special.   I don't think it came with the clamps used in original kit to help hold tubing though. (Could be wrong as it's been months but I believe the ebay pump didn't)
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
Hi all,

I have 2 of these running and working great - http://www.ebay.com/itm/380693788606

Also I use this to power it and radiator fans - http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/
thanks. Did it include fittings or you had to buy those separately?
soy
legendary
Anyone experimented with trying cgminer for the S3 on the C1?

The firmwares are not interchangeable. Why do you want to do this?

Curiosity.  Anyone tried BFGMiner on a C1 or even on an S3? ...never mind, I see luke.jr answered this previously:

"AntMiner S* products will not be supported until Bitmain (the company producing them) makes significant changes to their corporate policy. Not only have they failed to provide us with sample units (since the S1), but their products are closed source in violation of the GPL license terms of Linux, and would require extensive kernel reverse engineering effort."
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

You need the cgminer binary for the S4.  It will get replaced every time you reboot the machine, so you will have to re-copy it over.  You also will want to adjust /config/cgminer.conf and /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh for the correct parameters you would like to use with cgminer (like the queue setting)

I don't think he's talking about swapping the firmware, just replacing Bitmains broken cgminer fork with one that works properly on pools like p2pool.
legendary
Hi all,

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I can't login to one C1 and ssh is not responding. I think, I can try to reflash the sd card. How can I do that? I downloaded the firmware already.

THANKS!

Win32DiskImager will let you take it and copy image to sd card.   Works great for it.

Thank you I will be ok for this time. I was power cycling the wrong machine. I was like, one machine is not working and another one is rebooting by itself. But that was me power cycling the wrong machine to repair the other one... What a moron.

soy
legendary
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have a limited area to run my miners in, Will it make a difference if i run my C1 on its side if so what is the suggested set-up for the tubes from the C1 to the Pump & the radiator??

No thats fine, in fact its probably better as its much less likely to trap air in there. And for anyone who's ever tried to drain a C1, there's certainly plenty of places to get air stuck.
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
Hi all,
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
I have a limited area to run my miners in, Will it make a difference if i run my C1 on its side if so what is the suggested set-up for the tubes from the C1 to the Pump & the radiator??
legendary
I can't login to one C1 and ssh is not responding. I think, I can try to reflash the sd card. How can I do that? I downloaded the firmware already.

THANKS!

Win32DiskImager will let you take it and copy image to sd card.   Works great for it.

Thank you I will be ok for this time. I was power cycling the wrong machine. I was like, one machine is not working and another one is rebooting by itself. But that was me power cycling the wrong machine to repair the other one... What a moron.

You will be a champ at this then Smiley.

In being serious though it's a nice controller with the SD card.  Allows you to easily fix software problems.   I really like the design of the controller.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502

THANKS!

legendary

THANKS!

Pages:
Jump to: