Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 10. (Read 137409 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
bought one for 2k usd. shipping at the end of august. do you guys think i will be able to at least cover the investment? Smiley

Thats as asking us if we can predict the future...

But first - why the price 2k USD? 1300miner, 100PSU, 100postage - im counting 1500USD. Are you calculating with import VAT to your country? Im my case it was 400USD.

Depends how many new miners are in those batches - I think that time LTC diff should be three times higher than today, so calculate with three times less numbers than today.
Now the profit in LTC is around 200USD weekly - I would calculate around 50-70USD. Than the ROI is around 7-9month. Thats not so cool as having that device today but its in normal.
Its very simillar as mining BTC with S9 - there is also that ROI.

First two L3+ batches was really good deal with around 2 month ROI. Bitmain made the math better now and asking for higher price with longer delivery dates.
If you have good price electricity this miner is going to ROI once. Its nice up-to-date device. Good to have one.

thank you...can this miner mine other scrypt coins? if it cannot, i have made a mistake, as my titan is mining other scrypt coins no problem.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
With the recent BTC drop things are getting not so good for miners. I guess many of miners ordered A LOT of stuff during over-profits period...

This happens quite a bit in crypto.  Sadly nobody listens when you remind them that the end game here will be a return to a much more modest profitability and to look at where we were 6 months ago and worse yet look at profitability of bitcoin miners specifically.  When profits are good everyone dog piles in without looking at the big picture.

Think about it for a moment if someone asked you right now to spend $1500-1600 for a miner that earns after electricity $2-3 a day?  Would most people who have been jumping in recently even for a moment entertain that idea now that they have been making a little bit of money?  And diff is increasing daily putting pressure on those earnings and halving events keep coming requiring an ever increasing amount of hash rate to maintain the cash flow. 

Now the question will be how hard will a correction be?  Is this the correction that scares people out and it costs you more to mine than you earn?  And if so for how long?  Bitmain preordering the L3+ and dumping these in such high volumes means that the Scrypt mining will likely be as difficult to earn anything as the SHA-256 Bitcoin mining or even worse. 

So place your bets...  It is going to be a wild ride.   

That's a really good opinion. I also expect the profitability of mining to fall really fast in next few months. But the people who are mining for a long time (and ROId long time befor) are getting nice income today... Diff probably will grow 3-6-20x times soon which will add some extra value to crypto in return Smiley
Activity: 227
bought one for 2k usd. shipping at the end of august. do you guys think i will be able to at least cover the investment? Smiley

But first - why the price 2k USD? 1300miner, 100PSU, 100postage - im counting 1500USD. Are you calculating with import VAT to your country? Im my case it was 400USD.

Depends how many new miners are in those batches - I think that time LTC diff should be three times higher than today, so calculate with three times less numbers than today.
Now the profit in LTC is around 200USD weekly - I would calculate around 50-70USD. Than the ROI is around 7-9month. Thats not so cool as having that device today but its in normal.

First two L3+ batches was really good deal with around 2 month ROI. Bitmain made the math better now and asking for higher price with longer delivery dates.
If you have good price electricity this miner is going to ROI once. Its nice up-to-date device. Good to have one.

I don't see that way, I think litecoin (and btc as well) price will rise A LOT and all that math makes no sense on the long run... Just my 2 satoshis  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1001
Waiting for the news PSU´s

Glad i only bought one Apw3  Grin

From Bitmain Website

6. Bitmain recommends the new PSU that is especially designed for the Antminer L3+ and will be available to purchase after 20 June 2017 with shipping start date before that of this Antminer L3+ batch.
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
@tw0rak

I think that if you use solar panels, you will need to include the price of solar panels and all additional equipment for your calculations. Unless before the L3 + purchase it was repaid or bought for $1.

I think similar that $2000 are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not unless the LTC/USD price is maintained above $35-36.
You boast of good price because you were the first. The next can only dream.

Sure solars should count but I'm going to use them for next 25years - with or without miner I would buy them. This only speeds it up.
Activity: 133
@tw0rak

I think that if you use solar panels, you will need to include the price of solar panels and all additional equipment for your calculations. Unless before the L3 + purchase it was repaid or bought for $1.

I think similar that $2000 are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not unless the LTC/USD price is maintained above $35-36.
You boast of good price because you were the first. The next can only dream.

Activity: 365
On Hashnest, there is currently 1180 in stock.

I bought on the first batch when price was $2000.
Next batch they increased price to 3000 because profit is insane.
This is probably the last batch for a while and price is 3600 now.

Mine activated 24 days ago and it mined 25.8 LTC so far (only profit). That is 635$, also means %31.75 ROI!

https://www.hashnest.com/hash_currencies/28/income

Hi there,

can you explain me why would somebody "buy" L3+ miner for that super-expensive price?

I bought the second batch for 1380USD. I had to add PSU for 120USD and postage for 119USD.
400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

Im mining in my basement for 0.1USD/kwh - that means around 2USD daily.
Mining for 17days - 34USD electricity. I do have internet even without mining so Im not going to count price for that.
Earings on multipools are at this moment 1100USD.

1100-34=1066USD.

Thats more than 50% ROI in 17days.
To be on your numbers its around 75% in 24days.

I do have the miner here, i can sell it if I want. Im assuming you have to pay the import VAT also when it comes to your place in ...half a year?
So tell me please where are the advanteges? Hashnest limits you to mine LTC at Antpool is it right? Multipools can do such better work.

Well that can have multiple reasons.

1) You don't want to wait. Last batch on hashnest was 3000$ and the one before even cheaper
2) You don't want noise, heat or can't place them (my case, thats why i have mine in a data center)
3) VAT can be recovered if you would register a business....
4) You don't got 0.1$ kwh...   I myself pay around 0.35$/kwh
5) They replace your machine if its broke. You don't need to send it to china and wait weeks for it to e fixed...

In the end its a numbers game why would i stress if I make the same return or slightly less without all the drama and work of hosting etc

And what coins are you mining? What pool?  

This reasons are understable for me.
1) 2000USD are reasonable, 3000 or 3600 are not.
2) 2014 I started mining Ive rented a garage because of the noise
3) so can I but I dont
4) ouch such an expensive kwh...Ive bought 1kwh solar pannels because of 0.1/kwh - in your case its worth much more
5) very good reason - knock on wood my miners will stay

Im not going to tell you the pool or the method how, cos of securing my good bussiness, but my hashpower is very well used. It goes slowly down, yes...but now it is around 0,000035BTC/MHs/day

Activity: 420
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

Mine activated 24 days ago and it mined 25.8 LTC so far (only profit). That is 635$, also means %31.75 ROI!

Hi there,

can you explain me why would somebody "buy" L3+ miner for that super-expensive price?

I bought the second batch for 1380USD. I had to add PSU for 120USD and postage for 119USD.
400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

Mining for 17days - 34USD electricity. I do have internet even without mining so Im not going to count price for that.

1100-34=1066USD.

I do have the miner here, i can sell it if I want. Im assuming you have to pay the import VAT also when it comes to your place in ...half a year?
So tell me please where are the advanteges? Hashnest limits you to mine LTC at Antpool is it right? Multipools can do such better work.

Well that can have multiple reasons.

1) You don't want to wait. Last batch on hashnest was 3000$ and the one before even cheaper
2) You don't want noise, heat or can't place them (my case, thats why i have mine in a data center)
3) VAT can be recovered if you would register a business....
4) You don't got 0.1$ kwh...   I myself pay around 0.35$/kwh
5) They replace your machine if its broke. You don't need to send it to china and wait weeks for it to e fixed...

In the end its a numbers game why would i stress if I make the same return or slightly less without all the drama and work of hosting etc

And what coins are you mining? What pool?  

Hi there,

400USD was import VAT.
Total 2019USD.

1100-34=1066USD.

Activity: 182

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
With the recent BTC drop things are getting not so good for miners. I guess many of miners ordered A LOT of stuff during over-profits period...

This happens quite a bit in crypto.  Sadly nobody listens when you remind them that the end game here will be a return to a much more modest profitability and to look at where we were 6 months ago and worse yet look at profitability of bitcoin miners specifically.  When profits are good everyone dog piles in without looking at the big picture.

Think about it for a moment if someone asked you right now to spend $1500-1600 for a miner that earns after electricity $2-3 a day?  Would most people who have been jumping in recently even for a moment entertain that idea now that they have been making a little bit of money?  And diff is increasing daily putting pressure on those earnings and halving events keep coming requiring an ever increasing amount of hash rate to maintain the cash flow. 

Now the question will be how hard will a correction be?  Is this the correction that scares people out and it costs you more to mine than you earn?  And if so for how long?  Bitmain preordering the L3+ and dumping these in such high volumes means that the Scrypt mining will likely be as difficult to earn anything as the SHA-256 Bitcoin mining or even worse. 

So place your bets...  It is going to be a wild ride.   
Activity: 180
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
Can someone explain how one of my L3+ mined 24 blocks in 90 minutes this morning within the last couple hours?
Maybe your Nicehash pool was active during that period of time? As you know, Nicehash scrypt mining is not only Litecoin but typically many less know coins as well. It might be easier to find many new blocks on a newly launched Scrypt coin with short block time and low competition?
Activity: 217
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
Can someone explain how one of my L3+ mined 24 blocks in 90 minutes this morning within the last couple hours?

https://pastebin.com/XXhuVkjW
Looks like Eastshore.xyz is selling the preorder 25 August batch.  So they aren't selling anything they have in stock.  It isn't looking good with Bitmain right now and all of this preorder stuff and them pumping the hashnest pipeline with miners today. 
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Another batch sold out all ready... Sounds unlikely. Why are they selling so few units?
When was this batch available? I have been checking daily and didn't see any recently.

I noticed them listed after someone mentioned it here on the forum a day or two ago.  So they weren't listed for long.  Delivery was for 15-25 August.  So still selling them way way in advance.
Ratz. I was waiting for July 20th to order when they have them in stock., now it's Aug 25th, and already sold out ahead of time?
When are they going to start carrying stock to purchase... I want a reliable purchase, not a speculative pre-order... Needs to be in-stock.
Any 3rd party vendors selling them at this time?
Another batch sold out all ready... Sounds unlikely. Why are they selling so few units?
When was this batch available? I have been checking daily and didn't see any recently.

I noticed them listed after someone mentioned it here on the forum a day or two ago.  So they weren't listed for long.  Delivery was for 15-25 August.  So still selling them way way in advance.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Chinese site batch which was stated for late august/early september also sold out.

They are making them also for Hashnest and no point in making them in super high quantities and kill market.
Pages:
Jump to: