Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 12. (Read 137409 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
the diff will likely increase much more when other get their miner, this thign is roing in one month correct? it can't stay that profitable for that long, i fidn that it was better to release the smaller miner with 250mh and 400 watt and then release the bigger one to not increase the diff too much
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Should be ok, especially if they don't share same fuse in fuse box. Don't know correct term for that as not native english speaker sorry.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Is it possible to run 4 x L3+ in the same room using 4 "different" outlets? Or should I run a maximum 2 L3+ units per room? I'm not sure how to handle ~3520 watts (4 x L3+)...  Huh How do you guys deal with so much power in your home in a 100% safe way?
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1001
Nice, now i feel better with my July L3+ miners order  Grin

Activity: 180
No, but they are one frigging 'smug' company about now I figure.....balls to the wall on difficulty and they are holding our balls to boot Sad

Then again, meme below sums up what they think of us Smiley

Heh, that's right. But there's not much companies to buy asics from and people usually aim to do max profits Sad
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Server PSUs (HP, IBM..) with breakout board & PCI-E cables, Bitmain PSUs and EVGA PSUs are reliable choices.

Any recommendations on what EVGA psu is adequate for the antminer L3+ ?
EVGA Supernova G3 1000W
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=494

This is a review, in which you can introduce yourself to this PSU.

Remember that you need to have a paperclip or a jumper switch to connect green wire (PS_ON) to any of the black wires (Ground) in the ATX connector. This is needed to switch on the power supply.

This is what I mean with a jumper switch:
https://mnpctech.com/images/companies/3/atx_psu_jumper_switch_hotwire_bitcoin_mining_mnpctech4.jpg
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
So it seems all the Antminers L3+ are sold out at Bitmains. Even with that July date.
I didnt touht its possible, but seems like it is.
Any guesses how many was they selling?

I'd never get hashnet, but from what I can tell they are out as well shows stock=0 and I can't seem to add any to cart for
the experiment of checking only

would be nice if this stayed this way...say as a 9 month mystery (then again same odds of me being natalie portman's love puppet..yep still got a shot!)

Wow! Bitmain earned about 1,2 Mio USD within the last 12 hours, selling their cloud L3+ on hashnest.
Mining is very profitable at the moment - aehmmmm - for Bitmain. Wink

Wow, that's a solid sum. Is there any financial info available about bitmain company?

No, but they are one frigging 'smug' company about now I figure.....balls to the wall on difficulty and they are holding our balls to boot Sad

Then again, meme below sums up what they think of us Smiley

Activity: 180
Wow! Bitmain earned about 1,2 Mio USD within the last 12 hours, selling their cloud L3+ on hashnest.
Mining is very profitable at the moment - aehmmmm - for Bitmain. Wink

Wow, that's a solid sum. Is there any financial info available about bitmain company?
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
So it seems all the Antminers L3+ are sold out at Bitmains. Even with that July date.
I didnt touht its possible, but seems like it is.
Any guesses how many was they selling?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Server PSUs (HP, IBM..) with breakout board & PCI-E cables, Bitmain PSUs and EVGA PSUs are reliable choices.

Any recommendations on what EVGA psu is adequate for the antminer L3+ ?
legendary
I was wondering what psu everyone is using for thr l3 plus? I have checked out the bitmain psu buts its Loud AF but it draws about 20-30 watts which is okay on efficiency I guess. I Would prefer a company that's sells to the E.U as many psu come with a 5 years warranty over here. Bitmains warranty is crap as they would probably want you to pay for the post and package  Angry

After all the problems with ATX PSUs I have had in years back Im not going to take that hazard. In one case my garage almost fired up.
Now Im using only Bitmains 1300W PSU. OMG its so loud - yes it is. Very. But if you have miners you have take that disadvantage.

Some ppl using HP server PSUs to connect more than one L3+ but they are pricy and also loud.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I was wondering what psu everyone is using for thr l3 plus? I have checked out the bitmain psu buts its Loud AF but it draws about 20-30 watts which is okay on efficiency I guess. I Would prefer a company that's sells to the E.U as many psu come with a 5 years warranty over here. Bitmains warranty is crap as they would probably want you to pay for the post and package  Angry

legendary
Hi guys...

Is this allright?

http://imgur.com/a/Xysba
That means you have to mine on Antpool and Antpool only. Basically Jihan holds your d***. Also means can't mine anything else than LTC.
Why are these miners limited to antpool? All my other miners have the ability to enter a pool definition. From what I know the L3/L3+ have a web interface which allows you to enter the pool info.

It is my understanding that if you buy into the hashnest you don't really manage the miner.  It is pointed to an Antpool and that is they way they run things.  Otherwise like you said you would simply login and change the pool where ever you want.  I don't have first hand experience with Bitmain's Hashnest, but that is one of the big draw back to buying into this managed solution based on what I have heard from others.  I think their fees are setup on a per MHS basis so that is probably how they do the billing is to use their pool to track the billing.  Just a guess on my part however.

Maybe someone with first hand experience can chime in and explain how it works.  Grin

https://www.hashnest.com/hash_currencies/28/shop

Read the rules below miner. It's pointed at Antpool only if it goes down, they will point it at other pool.
I didn't realize they were not giving you physical delivery. That takes them off the table in my case.

Yep, good point is that if miner dies and etc. they give you another one (basically you always will; have 500Mhash). That is good point for Bitmains miners which tend to die a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
That means you have to mine on Antpool and Antpool only. Basically Jihan holds your d***. Also means can't mine anything else than LTC.
Why are these miners limited to antpool? All my other miners have the ability to enter a pool definition. From what I know the L3/L3+ have a web interface which allows you to enter the pool info.

It is my understanding that if you buy into the hashnest you don't really manage the miner.  It is pointed to an Antpool and that is they way they run things.  Otherwise like you said you would simply login and change the pool where ever you want.  I don't have first hand experience with Bitmain's Hashnest, but that is one of the big draw back to buying into this managed solution based on what I have heard from others.  I think their fees are setup on a per MHS basis so that is probably how they do the billing is to use their pool to track the billing.  Just a guess on my part however.

Maybe someone with first hand experience can chime in and explain how it works.  Grin

Read the rules below miner. It's pointed at Antpool only if it goes down, they will point it at other pool.
I didn't realize they were not giving you physical delivery. That takes them off the table in my case.

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
the miner that is coming out in July can it mine any scrypt or ltc only?

You can mine anything if you buy them and run them.  What people are talking about is buying scrypt hash from hashnest.  That is basically you can only mine on antpool for LTC. Otherwise any scrypt algo should work for you
Activity: 689
Merit: 253

You can buy and sell the mhs on hashnest.. the fee is per hashrate
Pages:
Jump to: