Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 11. (Read 137409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Another batch sold out all ready... Sounds unlikely. Why are they selling so few units?
When was this batch available? I have been checking daily and didn't see any recently.
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Another batch sold out all ready... Sounds unlikely. Why are they selling so few units?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Guys I dont know if its still worth it to get the newer L3 now.. shipping times are so long.
I mean altcoins prices are exploding, so I always switch between thinking it would be very profitable and thinking it would be a waste of money.
so as for asics theres a choice between antminer L3 and I also read that knc Titan is back.
But I dont feel like waiting that long..

I could always get a used one from ebay as well, but I'm a little scared someone will ripp me off there.
Or has anyone made good experience with ebay and their buyer protection?

You are aware that the A4 dominator had 280MH with 400W 1KW and the ant miner L3+  got 504MH at 800W?

So basically they are not better than the other machine....  We are speaking of 1.5W/MH  an 1.6W/MH    

That means the L3+ are not even better than the older A4....

I do know they are a lot cheaper. Hoping the new machines are either better performing or even cheaper is also a risky bet... If you buy now, you are at least able to mine to cover potential differences.
Corrected the wattage on the A4...
A4 = 3.57 W/MHs
L3+= 1.59 W/MHs
That's 2.25 times more efficient.

I take everything back.  Totally messed up the A4 and the L3....

Had the wrong numbers in mind.    The l3 had 400W  Lips sealed

legendary
It's not even 1KW for a4, but more closer to 1050W-1070W with PSU.
I was being generous and rounding down...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
It's not even 1KW for a4, but more closer to 1050W-1070W with PSU.
legendary
Guys I dont know if its still worth it to get the newer L3 now.. shipping times are so long.
I mean altcoins prices are exploding, so I always switch between thinking it would be very profitable and thinking it would be a waste of money.
so as for asics theres a choice between antminer L3 and I also read that knc Titan is back.

I could always get a used one from ebay as well, but I'm a little scared someone will ripp me off there.

You are aware that the A4 dominator had 280MH with 400W 1KW and the ant miner L3+  got 504MH at 800W?

So basically they are not better than the other machine....  We are speaking of 1.5W/MH  an 1.6W/MH    

I do know they are a lot cheaper. Hoping the new machines are either better performing or even cheaper is also a risky bet... If you buy now, you are at least able to mine to cover potential differences.
Corrected the wattage on the A4...
A4 = 3.57 W/MHs
L3+= 1.59 W/MHs
That's 2.25 times more efficient.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

You are aware that the A4 dominator had 280MH with 400W and the ant miner L3+  got 504MH at 800W?

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
KnCMiner Titan is not back. It is just a lousy scam attempt.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Is it dangerous to run 4 x L3+ 24/7 (only 1 L3+ (~800W) / circuit breaker) with 120v? I intend to use a EVGA T2 1600W PSU for each L3+... maybe use 'eco mode' to reduce noise, but I'm not sure yet... The answers so far have been incredibly useful... thank you guys so much for that!

The key is the 800W per rig.
So, 800W = 120V * 6.7A, or 240V * 3.4A

Most US household circuits are 120V at 15A (1.8KW), so that won't play nice on a typical household circuit.
Even trying to run 2 L3+ rigs on a single 120V @ 15A circuit will load it to 90% capacity.
This is considered risky/dangerous.

Recommend using 4 different (120V@15A) circuits for safety, one for each rig, or installing a larger breaker (30A or 240V).
You will need 3.2KW to service the rigs.

Now, running a single EVGA T2 1600W PSU on a 120V @ 15A circuit is fine as long as you only draw < 1.6KW * 80%.
If you try to get close to 1600W then you are asknig for trouble.

I run a 240V 50A setup for my rigs, so have plenty of power (12KW).
I had that circut installed from the main panel to a sub-panel by a professional electrician who sized the wire accordingly.
In my sub-pannel, I break-out into various 120V/240V circuits as needed for the miners. I currently run a 240V @ 30A (L6-30R) into a PDU to allow for remote switching of the power to the miners which are plugged in via C13/C14.
My 110V is a 20A circuit which I also use.
Never exceed 80% capacity on any circuit.
Paying an electrician for proper circuits is cheaper than paying to have your house rebuilt after a fire, and im betting your insurance won't cover the miners anyhow...

Good points! For now I'll run only 4 L3+ scattered in 4 different 120v circuits with T2 1600W PSU... I'll live in this house (rent) for 1-2 years at max... when I have my own house then I will make a
pro energy system like yours dedicated to miners. This is my dream at the moment... hehehe Smiley safety always has to come first! Thanks for any tip

Whatever you do just dont overload the circuit and make sure you have enough power left at the main to not push it over 80% capacity.  Be safe
legendary
There is a new batch for L3+ announced.

But does anybody understand the shipping time? Its weird cos in the email from Bitmains there is written:

"Due to the high demand and manufacturing period, shipping for this batch will start on the 5th of July and on a basis of “first paid, first ship”. If we advance the shipment, we will notify you. "

And on the website there is:

Shipping 15-25th August.

Can anybody explain? Its very weird cos of the previous batch was 20-30th July....

EDIT: new email from them:
Please note a correction in our previous email regarding the new Antminer L3+ batch that we have released just now.
The batch’s correct start date of shipping is same as that mentioned on our website i.e. 15 August 2017.

Oh no.....make it stop haha, i hope alts can run with btc for a couple months to be able to absorb some of these.
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
There is a new batch for L3+ announced.

But does anybody understand the shipping time? Its weird cos in the email from Bitmains there is written:

"Due to the high demand and manufacturing period, shipping for this batch will start on the 5th of July and on a basis of “first paid, first ship”. If we advance the shipment, we will notify you. "

And on the website there is:

Shipping 15-25th August.

Can anybody explain? Its very weird cos of the previous batch was 20-30th July....

EDIT: new email from them:
Please note a correction in our previous email regarding the new Antminer L3+ batch that we have released just now.
The batch’s correct start date of shipping is same as that mentioned on our website i.e. 15 August 2017.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Is it dangerous to run 4 x L3+ 24/7 (only 1 L3+ (~800W) / circuit breaker) with 120v? I intend to use a EVGA T2 1600W PSU for each L3+... maybe use 'eco mode' to reduce noise, but I'm not sure yet... The answers so far have been incredibly useful... thank you guys so much for that!

Most US household circuits are 120V at 15A (1.8KW), so that won't play nice on a typical household circuit.
Even trying to run 2 L3+ rigs on a single 120V @ 15A circuit will load it to 90% capacity.

Recommend using 4 different (120V@15A) circuits for safety, one for each rig, or installing a larger breaker (30A or 240V).

Now, running a single EVGA T2 1600W PSU on a 120V @ 15A circuit is fine as long as you only draw < 1.6KW * 80%.

I had that circut installed from the main panel to a sub-panel by a professional electrician who sized the wire accordingly.
In my sub-pannel, I break-out into various 120V/240V circuits as needed for the miners. I currently run a 240V @ 30A (L6-30R) into a PDU to allow for remote switching of the power to the miners which are plugged in via C13/C14.
Paying an electrician for proper circuits is cheaper than paying to have your house rebuilt after a fire, and im betting your insurance won't cover the miners anyhow...

Good points! For now I'll run only 4 L3+ scattered in 4 different 120v circuits with T2 1600W PSU... I'll live in this house (rent) for 1-2 years at max... when I have my own house then I will make a
pro energy system like yours dedicated to miners. This is my dream at the moment... hehehe Smiley safety always has to come first! Thanks for any tip

i thought L3+'s only ran at 220v? or am I mistaken?

L3+ doesn't come with a PSU, so any 120 or 240 Volt PSU can be used.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

i thought L3+'s only ran at 220v? or am I mistaken?

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

legendary

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi,

I am interested in buying several of the Antiminer's L3 but was curious what the BTU's (British thermal unit) for each unit.  So that I can determine what the heat rejection is.  Does anyone know what this number would be for 1 unit?

Thanks
legendary
Is it possible to run 4 x L3+ in the same room using 4 "different" outlets? Or should I run a maximum 2 L3+ units per room? I'm not sure how to handle ~3520 watts (4 x L3+)...  Huh How do you guys deal with so much power in your home in a 100% safe way?

most rooms in usa houses use the same breaker for all outlets in that room, so no.

semi serious miners will either spread the units to multiple rooms (each with its own breaker) or run dedicated 220 volt outlets from the breaker panel.

sometimes garages will have outlets on separate breakers. kitchens will generally have separate breakers for various groups of outlets too.

best to map your outlets to their respective breakers.

only load a circuit to 80% max.

What he said

Dont go over 80%.....disaster is waiting if you do.  If you arent sure consult a local electrician.  Most outlets that arent being used for major appliances run on 10 amp circuits.  I would recommend getting dedicated 20 or 30 amp breakers for your miners to be installed.  You invested thousands of $ on mining equipment, dont short yourself on the elctric.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Is it possible to run 4 x L3+ in the same room using 4 "different" outlets? Or should I run a maximum 2 L3+ units per room? I'm not sure how to handle ~3520 watts (4 x L3+)...  Huh How do you guys deal with so much power in your home in a 100% safe way?

most rooms in usa houses use the same breaker for all outlets in that room, so no.

semi serious miners will either spread the units to multiple rooms (each with its own breaker) or run dedicated 220 volt outlets from the breaker panel.

sometimes garages will have outlets on separate breakers. kitchens will generally have separate breakers for various groups of outlets too.

best to map your outlets to their respective breakers.

only load a circuit to 80% max.
Pages:
Jump to: