Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 158. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I paid 102.55 VAT plus an admin fee of 11 when buying a miner at 1.45BTC. BTC exchange rate at the time was roughly £375 so the VAT is very close to 20% of this value.
Mine has gone through eventually and Bitmain have accepted it thankfully.

Zelek - as well as the issue which you have reported, payments made from a blockchain account appear not to have been processed correctly whilst they were having an issue - I checked my transaction on alternate (fully up to date) block explorers and the transaction was not there.

Activity: 98
BITMAIN - a local friend ordered two units. First of all there was the surprise VAT. Not very nice to sneak it up on your customers, but whatever.
The second issue is that one of the miners was broken on delivery. The fan did not turn on and it looks like the fan grill was hit and deformed. Then one of the capacitors was broken, looks like a bad soldering job.
My friend got the miners on Thursday last week and has since then sent two emails to [email protected] and [email protected] with the description of the problem and the pictures showing the damage. It is Tuesday today and my friend is yet to receive a reply regarding the broken unit and how to proceed with the replacement/warranty. Sorry to bring it to public attention but time is ticking and a few business days should be enough for a reply in a case like that.

Of course you need to pay the import taxes, BITMAIN cannot do this for you.

And if the package is damaged you shouldn't accept it.

That said, don't expect too much from bitmaintech support.

No, being forced parting with money is not a need of mine.
That issue was that Bitmain jacked the declared value w/o notifying the customer of the change. 250USD computer game gateway suddenly became more expensive. It was already brought up by several people here. Anyway, whatever, that was a minor point.
The package had no visible damage on the outside and the capacitor looked like a bad solder job that probably fell off due to vibrations during the transport. Would be hard to refuse the package once the UPS guy is miles away.
Understandably my friend is not very happy with his first purchase. Total silence from Bitmain does no help the situation.

Sent an email to [email protected] or the info and mark as Urgent, I hope Bitmain can soon implement the support ticket system I issued for them would honest save so much hassle and filling up there mailbox if tickets could be logged then chased up.

It's a real pain Bitmain upping the EU VAT for some reason Sad I had zero problems with customs paying £29 per miner now It's almost £100.

Price for the S1 would need to reflect an EU price. Also damages should be followed up with Bitmain right away taking photos of damages.

Still waiting for a reply back myself after yesterdays issues with payment Sad
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
BITMAIN - a local friend ordered two units. First of all there was the surprise VAT. Not very nice to sneak it up on your customers, but whatever.
The second issue is that one of the miners was broken on delivery. The fan did not turn on and it looks like the fan grill was hit and deformed. Then one of the capacitors was broken, looks like a bad soldering job.
My friend got the miners on Thursday last week and has since then sent two emails to [email protected] and [email protected] with the description of the problem and the pictures showing the damage. It is Tuesday today and my friend is yet to receive a reply regarding the broken unit and how to proceed with the replacement/warranty. Sorry to bring it to public attention but time is ticking and a few business days should be enough for a reply in a case like that.

No, being forced parting with money is not a need of mine.
That issue was that Bitmain jacked the declared value w/o notifying the customer of the change. 250USD computer game gateway suddenly became more expensive. It was already brought up by several people here. Anyway, whatever, that was a minor point.
The package had no visible damage on the outside and the capacitor looked like a bad solder job that probably fell off due to vibrations during the transport. Would be hard to refuse the package once the UPS guy is miles away.
Understandably my friend is not very happy with his first purchase. Total silence from Bitmain does no help the situation.
Bitmain has now updated the price but yet still to reply to me about my order.... fabulous
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

Does anyone have experience with Bitmaintech warranty?
Activity: 226
BITMAIN YOU STILL HAVE NOT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM THATS BEEN FOR 3 WEEKS. PLEASE RESPOND THE PM
I think there will be a lot of unhappy people today when they find out the BTC they sent yesterday has not been confirmed, Not sure how it works but I'm sure once you send BTC it never comes back even if its unconfirmed by the network?

Just looking at Bitmains wallet and they have so many unconfirmed transactions due to lastnights blockchain error.

Not sure if what I am saying is right can anyone clarify or have I lost my BTC + my order ?

Thanks

Have now counted and can see 38 orders from yesterday that have not been confirmed: Anyone else stuck in the same boat ?
My understanding is this: transactions are being confirmed on the blockchain as normal, however blockchain.info (a company which is not the Bitcoin blockchain, but which provides a convenient web interface to view the blockchain) is lagging behind the actual blockchain.  Since Bitmain use the blockchain.info API to check if payments have been made, we have a problem.  If Bitmain looked at the actual blockchain (they would have to run a Bitcoin node to do this... just the standard Bitcoin QT would do) they would see the payments.  Most companies don't bother to develop their own API to their own Bitcoin node, they just use blockchain.info instead.  

So yes, it is a problem for Bitmain customers, and I hope that Bitmain works it out.  I also hope that blockchain.info catches up soon.  But just to be pedantic - Bitcoin transactions are going through fine.  Another example of why we shouldn't rely on a centralised entity (blockchain.info) for information about Bitcoin transactions.

Thanks for the reply, My order has expired and my BTC still not confirmed, have raised the issue with Bitmain but failed to get a response. Like you say we should not all rely on Blockchain.info also it would be a lot better if Bitmain has there own node and own API to move things forward a lot faster also a lot more secure in ways. Bitmain needs to read what customers post on here and respond as it may not seem like a big issue but really if you have say 200 customers sending BTC in it all adds up then orders expire. Hopefully Bitmain will update me or post on here for the orders that never got though during the blockchain.info problems
Activity: 97
   I had the problem of my btc payment to BITMAIN didn't confirm within the 1 hour time frame so that the order expired.  I sent them an email, the btc eventually arrived and they fixed the order up.  So thanks BITMAIN for the great service.  I was bloody nervous for a while,  I didnt have my btc and neither did they.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I hope you all get it sorted out, but mine did go through ok.
Also to note about the coupons I received one for my order on the 21 but not for the one on the 16 and one arrived a day before the other. still happy for the coupon Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
I think there will be a lot of unhappy people today when they find out the BTC they sent yesterday has not been confirmed, Not sure how it works but I'm sure once you send BTC it never comes back even if its unconfirmed by the network?

Just looking at Bitmains wallet and they have so many unconfirmed transactions due to lastnights blockchain error.

Not sure if what I am saying is right can anyone clarify or have I lost my BTC + my order ?

Thanks

Have now counted and can see 38 orders from yesterday that have not been confirmed: Anyone else stuck in the same boat ?
My understanding is this: transactions are being confirmed on the blockchain as normal, however blockchain.info (a company which is not the Bitcoin blockchain, but which provides a convenient web interface to view the blockchain) is lagging behind the actual blockchain.  Since Bitmain use the blockchain.info API to check if payments have been made, we have a problem.  If Bitmain looked at the actual blockchain (they would have to run a Bitcoin node to do this... just the standard Bitcoin QT would do) they would see the payments.  Most companies don't bother to develop their own API to their own Bitcoin node, they just use blockchain.info instead.  

So yes, it is a problem for Bitmain customers, and I hope that Bitmain works it out.  I also hope that blockchain.info catches up soon.  But just to be pedantic - Bitcoin transactions are going through fine.  Another example of why we shouldn't rely on a centralised entity (blockchain.info) for information about Bitcoin transactions.

Thanks

Is anyone else still having problems with blockchain.info? I sent a transaction at 18:47GMT yesterday and it still shows as unconfirmed.

Searching for the transaction on http://blockr.io/ and it's not found.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Bitmain, can I get any unused coupons??

and again, when do you approximate to ship/deliver?

btw....thanks for the hardwork.

Coupons were issued to the most recent customers, where we are using as a guarantee to help our customers get a satisfying ROI and bring more sales. If you did not get the coupon, you must be a customer who has bought the miner long time ago. I think you may already pretty sure about the investment performance of S1  Smiley

I ordered 10 S1's last two weeks, no coupon received...
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
grr... my coupons have expired the same day the price drops to a reasonable one....

whats up with that?

I think all the 0.2 coupons expired at the end of feb
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Does anyone know if there is any actual benefit from the new FW upgrade? I know it uses the new CGMiner, but is there actually any benefit? Is it worth the trouble of upgrading all the old firmwares?

My view on these things is always not to install an upgrade just because it's there. If everything is working fine for you and you aren't aware of any improvements that will benefit you directly, leave it alone. This applies to everything, not just Ant miners.

My last batch of 2 antminers were not in good shape compared to my first. I e-mailed about RMAing one of them got no response. I think the untis i got were all used they were dirty, had thermal paste leaking all over the paste and run with a lot of HW errors STOCK I would be reluctant to order any more if this is the quality to expect
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Does anyone know if there is any actual benefit from the new FW upgrade? I know it uses the new CGMiner, but is there actually any benefit? Is it worth the trouble of upgrading all the old firmwares?

My view on these things is always not to install an upgrade just because it's there. If everything is working fine for you and you aren't aware of any improvements that will benefit you directly, leave it alone. This applies to everything, not just Ant miners.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
Jump to: