Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 162. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Bitmain, can I get any unused coupons??

and again, when do you approximate to ship/deliver?

btw....thanks for the hardwork.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
When we closed the ordering system this afternoon, we issued coupons to the most recent customers, and adjusted the price to 1.18 BTC/unit. Happy mining everyone!
WHY thank you!

order placed and paid. yeehaww!

when do they ship bitmain??
Bitmain, when are you opening the store again? thanks.

Open sales
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bitmain, when are you opening the store again? thanks.
Modifying typo
Antminer S1 currently mine at about 0.0227754 BTC per day without overclocking.  (Current Difficulties: 3,815,723,799)
*Pool luck may increase or decrese the mining rate.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Antminer S1 currently mine at about 0.00012653 BTC per day without overclocking.
(Current Difficulties: 3,815,723,799)

Looks like a typo or something.
180GH/s should be around BTC0.0235
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Antminer S1 currently mine at about 0.00012653 BTC per day without overclocking.
(Current Difficulties: 3,815,723,799)

That's not true.

My Antminer mines much more than that and it is not overclocked.

Maybe this is just a typo?

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
got my third new ant today ..

i have four ants hashing in my ant farm now ..

i tried to oc one the new ones and was only able to oc this one to 375 instead of 400 like i did the first one i have ..

these are in a cool air conditioned datacenter room kept at 60 degrees ..

my corsair platinum power supply does not like oc ants for some reason it keeps tripping its safety @400 ..

maybe there a setting in the platinum to adjust the tripping safety ..

i really havent spent alot time troubleshooting though yet ... i will try @375 next .

corsair rm gold psu's love oc'ed ants .. no trouble from them yet .

Hi aztec, which Corsair RM supplies are you using? 

I have four block erupter cubes happily hashing on an RM1000 (3 normal, 1 oc'd).  Just curious.

Cheers,

Cool

rm1000 and rm850 atm ..

i am going to buy more rm1000's soon ..
I see Bitmain has now opened preorder for the Antminer U2+ And the S1 is now listed as "Up Coming" and can no longer be ordered... I hardly see any spec. difference for the U2+ though.

I wonder if this means we'll see an S2(+?) launch this week.

I noticed that too.

Usually it says out of stock.

Who knows maybe there will be an S2.

Shame I spent all my coins on other stuff :/

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
I see Bitmain has now opened preorder for the Antminer U2+ And the S1 is now listed as "Up Coming" and can no longer be ordered... I hardly see any spec. difference for the U2+ though.

I wonder if this means we'll see an S2(+?) launch this week.
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
Hey guys.  For the recent Ant I received, I noticed something particular—when I attempt to attach a 2nd fan to the front, the factory installed fan sounds like it spins up to max RPM, and the 2nd fan does not power up.   Huh  I confirmed it is not the fan I’m trying to add, as I can put it on other Ants, and it works just fine.  Furthermore, when I take a known good fan from another Ant and try to use it on the new one, I get the same behavior of factory fan spinning up to full speed and known good fan does not power up.  The fans I use have an LED built-in, so I can tell that the fan appears to not even be getting power.

Anyone else seen this behavior?  If so, is there a fix to be found in the web management interface or otherwise?  I have posed the question to Bitmain as well, so I'll keep you all posted on what I hear back from them.

Thanks in advance.

This seems to happen if you install a non-PWM fan (incorrectly?) onto the second blade, or a PWM fan - but misplaced the plug onto the socket so you're only connected to three of the pins. Are you using a PWM (four wires) fan? Can you show a picture of how you've got it plugged in.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
That calculator doesn't seem to show total bitcoin earned over time.  All it shows is some confusing "profit" table which doesn't make sense to me.

Try putting value "0" in

Electricity Price: (USD/kWh)

and

Hardware Price: (USD)
Hey guys.  For the recent Ant I received, I noticed something particular—when I attempt to attach a 2nd fan to the front, the factory installed fan sounds like it spins up to max RPM, and the 2nd fan does not power up.   Huh  I confirmed it is not the fan I’m trying to add, as I can put it on other Ants, and it works just fine.  Furthermore, when I take a known good fan from another Ant and try to use it on the new one, I get the same behavior of factory fan spinning up to full speed and known good fan does not power up.  The fans I use have an LED built-in, so I can tell that the fan appears to not even be getting power.

Anyone else seen this behavior?  If so, is there a fix to be found in the web management interface or otherwise?  I have posed the question to Bitmain as well, so I'll keep you all posted on what I hear back from them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
did you try to power the second fan directly from the PSU and not have the S1 control it?

Of course it will work 100% all the time but try it.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hey guys.  For the recent Ant I received, I noticed something particular—when I attempt to attach a 2nd fan to the front, the factory installed fan sounds like it spins up to max RPM, and the 2nd fan does not power up.   Huh  I confirmed it is not the fan I’m trying to add, as I can put it on other Ants, and it works just fine.  Furthermore, when I take a known good fan from another Ant and try to use it on the new one, I get the same behavior of factory fan spinning up to full speed and known good fan does not power up.  The fans I use have an LED built-in, so I can tell that the fan appears to not even be getting power.

Anyone else seen this behavior?  If so, is there a fix to be found in the web management interface or otherwise?  I have posed the question to Bitmain as well, so I'll keep you all posted on what I hear back from them.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 270
The 700 Gold FSP is not enough to run 2 OCed Ants. You'll need at least 550W for one OCed Ant Wink
Activity: 362
So guys, I'll tell you honestly ...
my recommendation is the FSP AURUM "S" GOLD 700
It costs just € 95 on amazon and has the connections necessary, for 2x S1 miner!
while still having one of the two miner can be overclocked!!

I've also tried to overclock both miner, but after about 30 minutes the power supply switched easily off! : (
but the overclocking is always in no relation to the results! because the hardware fault increase dramatically and thus the end result extremely moderate fails!
prefer to buy one or two more devices and run all in normal mode!

greetz

IDK, I just picked up a cx750 from tigerdirect for $70, plus $20 mail-in rebate. It has 4 independent pcie connectors, but I would be weary of hooking 2 miners to it. I only have it on one.

They are out of stock now. They also had the deal where you could get $20 more off on orders over $100 if you bought using bitcoin. So about 2 weeks ago, you could've gotten 2 cx750's for $80 after rebates. It would've been $140 for 2 cx750s, minus $20 if you used bitcoin, then another $40 from mail-in rebates.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
So guys, I'll tell you honestly ...
my recommendation is the FSP AURUM "S" GOLD 700
It costs just € 95 on amazon and has the connections necessary, for 2x S1 miner!
while still having one of the two miner can be overclocked!!

I've also tried to overclock both miner, but after about 30 minutes the power supply switched easily off! : (
but the overclocking is always in no relation to the results! because the hardware fault increase dramatically and thus the end result extremely moderate fails!
prefer to buy one or two more devices and run all in normal mode!

greetz
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
How about people pay the proper customs and obey their local laws?

Why not. im paying 25% from my wages toward tax bag, im paying 300gbp every year in road tax, im paying duty in overpriced fuel. im paying tax on alcohol, vat on mobile, vat on internet etc. why not pay full price for miners. Why not!

Why not. Give up your passport, say bye  and move to Africa - Zimbabwe. Roads may have bumbs and electricity.. meh maybe. But no vat.

Bitmain is only playing fair declaring real value.

Keep this crap to yourselve. like i care what you saying.
Probably you bought no more than one miner from them and paid nothing towards customs but trying to explain how important it is to pay this what ever cost would be.

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
i'm wondering if i purchase this miner do i also need to physically make adjustments to the wiring/hardware ty

On the Antminer itself, no.  They come with 2 PCIe connectors (1 per blade) so you can just plug the PCIe cables from your PSU straight in.  As mentioned before though, you will need to jumper the 24-pin motherboard connector on the PSU so you can turn it on/off without being connected to a motherboard.  The following guide has everything you need to set it up.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setup-troubleshoot-bitmain-antminer-s1-180ghs-miner-344970
Jump to: