Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 171. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

PRE-SHIPMENT!
All units orderred before 11:00pm BeiJing time Feb 23rd, will be shipped out on Feb 24th and Feb 25th.

Subsequent orders before 6:00pm BeiJing time on Feb 25th, will be shipped out on Feb 26th.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
How much do you think you'll be able to sell an Antminer S1 on ebay for in May/June ?

I'm starting to think I'm crazy for spending 2.9 bitcoins on two Antminers only to barely be able to make 2.9 bitcoins
That's what they said about buying them at 2.2BTC, and I've since paid off 1.5BTC of that. It turns out my estimates of paying them off mid-May were pessimistic, it's looking more like it will be early April instead.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
How much do you think you'll be able to sell an Antminer S1 on ebay for in May/June ?

I'm starting to think I'm crazy for spending 2.9 bitcoins on two Antminers only to barely be able to make 2.9 bitcoins

Unless you live in part the world where its autumn in May or June they won't be worth much where atmospheric heat makes them less valuable as spot heaters that also provide some lunch money.
Activity: 674
Merit: 500

Activity: 479
Shipping was announced as starting February 24 in China. It's now a little 1:00 AM February 25th in China.

Anyone see any of their orders (placed before feb 23 11pm China time) shipped on the BITMAIN site?

My Feb 16 order is unshipped and I don't have any MYUPS coverage in my area to have Crystal Ball information for advanced tracking.

The website isn't ever updated in a timely fashion, unless you can look on UPS's website you will probably receive the package before the status updates on the Bitmain site.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Shipping was announced as starting February 24 in China. It's now a little 1:00 AM February 25th in China.

Anyone see any of their orders (placed before feb 23 11pm China time) shipped on the BITMAIN site?

My Feb 16 order is unshipped and I don't have any MYUPS coverage in my area to have Crystal Ball information for advanced tracking.

My order from the 16th of Feb is still showing unshipped
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

Often your parcels will arrive before the site gets update to say they have shipped. Try calling UPS and asking if they have a parcel destined for your postcode/address.
Activity: 406

Activity: 178
6 Ant S1 + 1 KnC Nov. Jupiter are to much enough heat and electricity for my small apartment.
Next round will go with Cloud hashing with next generation miners from BitmainTech or KnC!?
I bet Bitmain can offer nice prices for our customers.
Activity: 147
bitmain, please include my 2 antminer with shipping on 24 or 25 . I made payment 3am bejing time, thank you
Activity: 532
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
BITMAIN always the best product and the best price!
Activity: 147
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
at <4kg, the shipping cost is very reasonable
thats why you dont see the 16kg Avalons anymore

i dont think the least margin is reached already
remember the block erupters going down to 0.01...
Activity: 742
I'm waiting for next price drop

You can wait all you want.

The question is, is there anything better available?

With bitcoin at $600, I'm not sure how much lower they can price the Antminers. Hopefully their production and shipping costs are quite a bit lower than $900 per Antminer.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

You can wait all you want.

The question is, is there anything better available?

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

PRE-SHIPMENT!
All units orderred before 11:00pm BeiJing time Feb 23rd, will be shipped out on Feb 24th and Feb 25th.

YAY!!!!!!

I am guessing that means that my order from a week ago will ship tomorrow Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 560
legendary
Activity: 1092
45 minutes left until 23:00 Beijing time, right?

Google "Beijing time".

0 minutes to 11pm Beijing time.

Too bad it's probably more profitable to just hold the BTC for now. Way too risky investment right now. I would like another ant... But not at 1.45 though :/
I wish Bitmain would launch a quad-blade unit with builtin power and better stock cooling Smiley

builtin power does not always equal the best solutions ..

you saw one person post his 80% efficient power supply pulling 400 watts per ant unclocked ..

while 92% efficient power supplies are pulling much less oc'ed ..

you might could reduce heat and power consumption by changing the stock thermal paste to extreme geld paste ..

haven't tried it with an ant but it does work with gpu's ...
Activity: 216

Google "Beijing time".

Too bad it's probably more profitable to just hold the BTC for now. Way too risky investment right now. I would like another ant... But not at 1.45 though :/
I wish Bitmain would launch a quad-blade unit with builtin power and better stock cooling Smiley

Bitmain has a good product with the Antminer. I'd rather have them focus on next generation chips with lower power consumption than just re-packaging existing tech.

Yeah, that too ;-)

Let's hope they surprise us with a 400gh unit @ 1w/GH Smiley

zip tie 2 ants together, add a HX750 and you have your quad:
http://i.imgur.com/4nwD5wn.jpg

"And better stock cooling" Wink 4 blades in one can probably be run by one control board - that'll save a bit compared to zip tying them together Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876

Google "Beijing time".

+ 1

zip tie 2 ants together, add a HX750 and you have your quad:
http://i.imgur.com/4nwD5wn.jpg
Jump to: