Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 168. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
So while Bitmain was kind enough to be skirting the edges of what is (il)legal the first few times they are well within legal territory now. It could open up a can of worms if packages get inspected and it is determined that declared values are systematically lowered.

So again it is a bummer, but can't really blame them. Smiley

Very true ... not complaining ... it was good whilst it lasted!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Although it kind of sucks the customs charges shouldn't be too much of a surprise. We (the customers) are supposed to be paying them. So while Bitmain was kind enough to be skirting the edges of what is (il)legal the first few times they are well within legal territory now. It could open up a can of worms if packages get inspected and it is determined that declared values are systematically lowered.

So again it is a bummer, but can't really blame them. Smiley

Addendum: I had to pay about 170 EUR extra on my last one.
Activity: 471

I've got to pay £102 to DHL. When it was shipped by UPS I only had to pay £39.

Bitmain Go back to UPS for Europe and the UK if you can. DHL is a rip off with Customs Charges.

Same issue here ... received one Ant last week and paid UPS 30.00 GBP (Bitmain had declared the value at 140 USD on the paperwork), and today I paid UPS 113 GBP, with a declared value of 840 USD on the paperwork!

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
You should be lucky if you only pay a reduced price. This is quite risky for Bitmain.
In fact I assume you have to pay full customs tax if someone at customs wants to see the invoice / proof of payment.

In my current case my order is stuck at customs (shipped with UPS) because customs picked that order (2 of my 3 orders passed without problems, 1 is stuck now) to check it. Although the correct amount was on the invoice (not the reduced one) they need a proof of purchase ;-)
Since I could send them the confirmation email + Transaction Details I do not expect problems. But I would have them if they did not declare the correct value...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
superb!!  shipped 9 hrs to my country by DHL

Also received the miner today with DHL but had to pay 153 euro!  Shocked

Thats Crazy! I paid $28 through UPS.

I've got to pay £102 to DHL. When it was shipped by UPS I only had to pay £39.

Bitmain Go back to UPS for Europe and the UK if you can. DHL is a rip off with Customs Charges.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Thats Crazy! I paid $28 through UPS.
Down to 1.43 BTC now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 252

Activity: 7
Activity: 144
my S1 shipped Smiley
will in my home about april..
bitmaintech professional vendor  Smiley

April ??  Where the hell do live for shipping to take over a month Huh

Or did you forget about March  Cheesy
Where are we Marching to?

Sorry I forget month... Cheesy
will in my home   March Smiley
Activity: 574
my S1 shipped Smiley

Or did you forget about March  Cheesy
Where are we Marching to?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
my S1 shipped Smiley

Or did you forget about March  Cheesy
Activity: 144
my S1 shipped Smiley
bitmaintech professional vendor  Smiley
Activity: 32
Wow, this is a nice and fluffy place (thread) compared to most other rage-vents in the Custom Hardware forum. Smiley

I just got a notice today I have a parcel that they have tried to deliver to my house (and I was not home). I bet it's Ants come knockin' on the door!  Cool

We are mostly all very reasonable people. If a vendor delivers on what they say, has customer service and the hardware and firmware is reliable and well supported it would be nice and fluffy in other Vendor threads as well.

No criticizm or even irony (shock!), just an observation. And you are certainly right... play nice and your customers are nice and friendly. Not so much the other way around. Smiley
Got mine delivered a day early Smiley I just love how simple these things are to setup, less than 5 minutes and I'm up and hashing. Only regret is I didn't order more.

Now that the 1w\ghash machines are hitting the market I might need to save up for one of them next. Hopefully Bitmain releases one because I prefer to give him my BTC since he's such an awesome vendor!
Activity: 532
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
two of my three antminers arrived today and are already hashing ..

i got them before they were even scheduled to be shipped on the 28th ..

happy miner  ..  Smiley

Yes Bitmain always pre-ship
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
two of my three antminers arrived today and are already hashing ..

i got them before they were even scheduled to be shipped on the 28th ..

happy miner   Smiley
Activity: 262
I am in need of some help, I did a reset on one of my antminers, and it happened to be an older version that resets to 192.168.2.99.  But when I try to go to that IP address from my computer, it does not reach it.  Is there something I need to change on my computer or router to be able to access the ant?

Thanks in advance.

easiest way to do it is connect a network cable directly from your laptop to the Ant. Change your IP address on your laptop to 192.168.2.111. No need for internet connection on either device.

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

the default gateway on your laptop 192.168.2.111.

Then open your browser to 192.168.2.99 and away you go.  No router needed.

Got it figured out!  Thanks so much for the advice, that was really helpful!

anytime.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
BITMAIN, paid two antminer but in your account no payment (Order ID: 001201402252232559854HX5cyJr069B,  transaction: https://blockchain.info/ru/address/1F9WJF5CMPfey2AzgTn5crMVAQScc9jCm). Wrote to the PM is no response, also via email no answer, already antminer fell.
Jump to: