Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 175. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
If he could produce ASICs that Mine and cools the air it would be a big hit! Especially here in Arizona. My Electric bill will hit $400 a month here in about 3 months.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
With Sushi, ninjatech.org, and 112bit... that makes three distibutors in US.  Is Bitmain coming out with something new?
Hello  Wink

Limited S1 units will be in sotck soon.
Open sales on Feb 14th 11:00 pm BeiJing time, GMT +8.
Shipment within 48 hours after full payment.

sold out again Wink
all orders will be shipped out on Feb.16.

next batch of S1 units will be stock on Feb 15th, open sales on Feb 15th 11:00 pm BeiJing time, GMT +8.

Sold out my ass.
There were a hundred people here constantly refreshing and trying to order one and nobody got the chance to.

Will there really be more for sale tomorrow?
And if there is at what price?

Because ordering tomorrow doesn't get in our possession until Thursday (if we are lucky) but by then the difficulty has increased.
The same goes for the ones who supposedly ordered all of the machines today.

How are the Ants going to make ROI from now on?

Looks like the US Distributor still has some in stock https://www.112bit.com/
I live in Canada and had a warm day yesterday, hit -2, I came home to a house that was 27 degrees Celsius yesterday with 2 windows open all day. If I plan to run this much hash rate when it is +30 out my AC is going to be on overdrive for sure. I bought water cooling kits for all my gpu's and will be switching them over. Hopefully that will help keep things a bit cooler. I hope that KNC goes with plan B since I would be happy to have my stuff hosted during the summer at the same time that USD refund is looking juicy right now.

I have mine out in my workshop for heat reasons.
 I bought a DDWRT wifi router for $30 and use it as a bridge.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linksys-WRT54G-V8-Repeater-Bridge-Wireless-Router-With-Heatsink-DD-WRT-/301072613199?pt=COMP_EN_Routers&hash=item4619537f4f

My workshop is about 20 yards from my house and I have no problems whatsoever.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I live in Canada and had a warm day yesterday, hit -2, I came home to a house that was 27 degrees Celsius yesterday with 2 windows open all day. If I plan to run this much hash rate when it is +30 out my AC is going to be on overdrive for sure. I bought water cooling kits for all my gpu's and will be switching them over. Hopefully that will help keep things a bit cooler. I hope that KNC goes with plan B since I would be happy to have my stuff hosted during the summer at the same time that USD refund is looking juicy right now.

So with water cooling, where do you plan to dump the heat?  Run a rad outside?
Ive had my S1 for 30 days to the day EXACTLY!

total BTC mined 1.13633586
about 8 NMC
about 12 IXC
about 450 DVC

The next 30 days will be interesting to see how close I come to ROI in BTC. I suspect next 30 day will MAYBE be .75 BTC - with selling the alt coins mined with it will probably hit ROI

Then I will unload it
Merit: 500
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
With all the heat and electricity it isn't even worth mining anymore. For SHA-256 at least.

I take it you think scrypt is more profitable? Are you kidding me? Have you done the math? BTC mining with ASIC's is way more profitable than scrypt per watt used.

GPU mining is a total waste of power and resources. You need a whole computer to GPU mine. It takes up more space than ASIC's. It produces more heat than ASIC's. It's also makes more noise. Anyone who is building new gpu rigs has not down their homework. Guess math is too hard for some.

Even though altcoin profitability changes constantly, if you take a quick look at coinwarz.com, it would take 1600kh/s mining some unknown alt to even get close to the profit an antminer makes each day. Wouldn't that be at least 2 gpu's, plus the rest of the computer, and how many watts would that take? Compared to just over 400watts from the antminer.

I will be waiting for anyone who wants to lay down some numbers on scrypt vs sha mining to prove me wrong or right.

Even while I was typing this, profitability has changed and you now need 3200kh/s to equal the profit of 1 antminer..

Math is too hard for some lol ... Maybe do some math and see what the difficulty increases for ASIC compared to scrypt is and how easy it is to resell a GPU which can do many things compared to a dedicated asic. I'm currently running 10 MHASH scrypt and 1 TH ASIC. I am done adding to my ASIC farm, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

OK, I can understand everyone freaking out with the BTC difficulty increase but just like Scrypt there are other coins to mine until you actually call it quits.

EDIT: My guess is that whether it be another PeerCoin or DogeCoin there will always be something worth mining for both sha-256 and scrypt.
With all the heat and electricity it isn't even worth mining anymore. For SHA-256 at least.

I take it you think scrypt is more profitable? Are you kidding me? Have you done the math? BTC mining with ASIC's is way more profitable than scrypt per watt used.

GPU mining is a total waste of power and resources. You need a whole computer to GPU mine. It takes up more space than ASIC's. It produces more heat than ASIC's. It's also makes more noise. Anyone who is building new gpu rigs has not down their homework. Guess math is too hard for some.

Even though altcoin profitability changes constantly, if you take a quick look at coinwarz.com, it would take 1600kh/s mining some unknown alt to even get close to the profit an antminer makes each day. Wouldn't that be at least 2 gpu's, plus the rest of the computer, and how many watts would that take? Compared to just over 400watts from the antminer.

I will be waiting for anyone who wants to lay down some numbers on scrypt vs sha mining to prove me wrong or right.

Even while I was typing this, profitability has changed and you now need 3200kh/s to equal the profit of 1 antminer..

Math is too hard for some lol ... Maybe do some math and see what the difficulty increases for ASIC compared to scrypt is and how easy it is to resell a GPU which can do many things compared to a dedicated asic. I'm currently running 10 MHASH scrypt and 1 TH ASIC. I am done adding to my ASIC farm, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.
So what would be an ideal price for you at this point considering other (if any) options?

1.25BTC would be a better price, but IMHO if it wont ship until Feb 28 -> 1.15BTC

Well, I paid 1.25BTC for my last Ant order using my coupon so I guess it ain't that bad Wink

Besides if Bitmain does lower their price to 1.15BTC I will probably get another coupon  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
So what would be an ideal price for you at this point considering other (if any) options?

1.25BTC would be a better price, but IMHO if it wont ship until Feb 28 -> 1.15BTC
Activity: 362
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
yeah, these are priced WAY too high at this point.... Im waiting for price drop as well.
Activity: 560
1.05BTC seems about right

I'm waiting for next Antminer generation
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
1.05BTC seems about right

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
That is great news but the price is still a bit high for the delivery/shipping date. Still waiting for a price reduction before I buy anymore.

Agreed, at current price if the trend of average 20% difficulty increase continues, Antminer will actually never ROI. It will get very close to it though.
1.05 BTC

Next Difficulty is going to hurt:

Last 120    19/02/2014 02:17    286608-286728    4 479 529 016    x1.43
Last 10    19/02/2014 15:05    286718-286728    4 451 739 935    x1.42

Activity: 560
That is great news but the price is still a bit high for the delivery/shipping date. Still waiting for a price reduction before I buy anymore.

+ 1
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Jump to: