Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 59. (Read 346284 times)

ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I'm a math guy, so lets look at some numbers.

At the current difficult and BTC price, a S1 earns $186 dollars per month and uses $35 dollars in electricity at 12 cents per kilowatt hour. Barring a BTC price collapse, which would slow down difficulty growth, your assertion that a S1 will not be profitable in 2 months is absurd. The S1 will be unprofitable towards the end of 2013 (Q4) unless BTC price increases.

You think that an S1 will make $186 for May month?

I bet will not even make $130 for May. Deduct the $35 for electricity.

I am sorry but S1 is dead already.

Holy shit, I better turn off all my S1s because they are only making 4 times the cost of electricity and you also have a crystal ball into future difficulty increases and bitcoin price.

Thanks for the very insightful post.  Roll Eyes

Also, since difficulty is doubling on average every 6 weeks, those shiny new 1TH miners that use 1W/GH will also be obsolete around 6 weeks after the S1.

You have mentioned the elephant in the room bro.

antminer s-1's can clock to 1.5 watts. hash  antminer s-2's can clock to .9 watts a hash and spoondoodles can clock to .7 watts

these power improvements don't come close to keeping up with   the current difficulty numbers ..    

what is needed is a large fiat btc jump.  remember the   sept  3 to nov 28 fiat jump  about 100 to 1100 usd a coin.

Since the only way the game will continue is a good solid fiat jump.  I may as well speculate  with s-1s.

remember   a cube was 38gh at 400 watts   that is more then 10 watts a hash .  the s-1 was a 5x improvement in power.  

the s-2 the sp10 the dragons etc are at best 2x an underclocked s-1 if that.  so none of them will save the day,

but   an 11x btc fiat jump to  5000 will wake us all up.

even a 3x jump to 1350 usd makes the game look good again.

with the case being I need  a 3x fiat jump to mine I will buy s-1's  rather then any expensive gear .

So buy some now I bought them yesterday at .63

Agreed, the economics of mining completely break down in Q3 without a nice BTC price jump. Miners will be in a lot of pain without a $1000+ BTC price in Q3 of this year.

New, more power efficient hardware won't make matters any better without a BTC price jump either because manufacturers will not sell hardware below manufacturing cost, so the economics for mining manufacturers also break down.

Miners will be in pain without a jump in BTC price...no question about that...BUT what about the manufacturers like BitMain etc... They will be BANKRUPT...We will not be buying anymore...but we will survive somehow... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
How many discount coupon gives?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

At the current difficult and BTC price, a S1 earns $186 dollars per month and uses $35 dollars in electricity at 12 cents per kilowatt hour. Barring a BTC price collapse, which would slow down difficulty growth, your assertion that a S1 will not be profitable in 2 months is absurd. The S1 will be unprofitable towards the end of 2013 (Q4) unless BTC price increases.

Holy shit, I better turn off all my S1s because they are only making 4 times the cost of electricity and you also have a crystal ball into future difficulty increases and bitcoin price.

Also, since difficulty is doubling on average every 6 weeks, those shiny new 1TH miners that use 1W/GH will also be obsolete around 6 weeks after the S1.

antminer s-1's can clock to 1.5 watts. hash  antminer s-2's can clock to .9 watts a hash and spoondoodles can clock to .7 watts

these power improvements don't come close to keeping up with   the current difficulty numbers ..    

what is needed is a large fiat btc jump.  remember the   sept  3 to nov 28 fiat jump  about 100 to 1100 usd a coin.

Since the only way the game will continue is a good solid fiat jump.  I may as well speculate  with s-1s.

remember   a cube was 38gh at 400 watts   that is more then 10 watts a hash .  the s-1 was a 5x improvement in power.  

the s-2 the sp10 the dragons etc are at best 2x an underclocked s-1 if that.  so none of them will save the day,

with the case being I need  a 3x fiat jump to mine I will buy s-1's  rather then any expensive gear .

Agreed, the economics of mining completely break down in Q3 without a nice BTC price jump. Miners will be in a lot of pain without a $1000+ BTC price in Q3 of this year.

New, more power efficient hardware won't make matters any better without a BTC price jump either because manufacturers will not sell hardware below manufacturing cost, so the economics for mining manufacturers also break down.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Activity: 728
Right, but who listens?

They all rush to order S1s like crazy.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

Mining will be very challenging when difficulty goes past 20 billion in June.
whoever has bought S1 recently will get coupons, which are expected to reach user accounts on Apr 25th and Apr 26th.

Happy Mining  Wink
Hi.

Last buy at  2014-04-08 is recent enough for coupons?

Is less than 3 weeks. I believe you will get it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
whoever has bought S1 recently will get coupons, which are expected to reach user accounts on Apr 25th and Apr 26th.

Happy Mining  Wink
Hi.

It would be nice to know. I don't think they have said what the cut off is though.
Activity: 894
Merit: 1001

Happy Mining  Wink
Hi.

No one has received yet.
Activity: 616
New price for AntMiner S1: 0.818 0.63 btc each one, shipping cost included.

Happy Mining  Wink
Has anyone received a coupon from BITMAIN for recent S1 buys?  Got my latest S1 just a few days ago, but no coupons yet Sad
The price drops + coupons might sway me for another S1 or 2 (with thoughts of under-clocking + under-volting to compensate for its thirst for KWhs)

Cheers

Go on.

Go buy more.

I will see you in a couple of months.

Activity: 574

I dig math too and I don't see your numbers.  Assuming the unit shows up for the entirety of May, at $.12/kwh, optimistically you'll see .37BTC return for your .619BTC purchase price.  Only with free power do these things almost make sense, and even that is a stretch.  They're dumping inventory, same thing AM did back in the day when the number of people saying these are pointless is larger than the number of people excited about them.

The problem you both have is that you call maths math. If you look at the maths properly then 0.6ish can profit - just about - depending on how much you pay for electricity.

Activity: 420
Lets say you want to invest for 2 Th/s.

Means you will need 16x S1s or 2x A1 clones for example.

option a):
-16x S1s
-need PSUs and power cables.
-Need a router and 16x ethernet cables
-Need much more space.
-Need, also, baby sitting
-Consume 2600W
Cost: Around 11 BTC

option b):
-2x A1 Ths clones
-Consume 2000W
Cost: Around 10 BTC

You choose.

I choose option c.):
Buy 10 Ants and over clock them to 200 GH : 6.19 BTC
Buy 5 850 watt power supplies : 1.3 BTC
Total : 7.5 BTC

I can pay for the extra power they consume for many months with the 2.5 BTC I saved versus buying A1 clones.

You don't regard power limitations.

power limits may not be a factor for some people until late 2014. The antminer can be profitable at 2w/GH until ~september, and can even underclock to 140GH/170W each before then

I don't believe an S1 can live for more than 2 months.

I keep this post.

Lets wait and see.

I dig math too and I don't see your numbers.  Assuming the unit shows up for the entirety of May, at $.12/kwh, optimistically you'll see .37BTC return for your .619BTC purchase price.  Only with free power do these things almost make sense, and even that is a stretch.  They're dumping inventory, same thing AM did back in the day when the number of people saying these are pointless is larger than the number of people excited about them.

option a):
-16x S1s
-Need much more space.
-Consume 2600W

option b):
-2x A1 Ths clones
-Consume 2000W

You choose.

I choose option c.):

I can pay for the extra power they consume for many months with the 2.5 BTC I saved versus buying A1 clones.

power limits may not be a factor for some people until late 2014. The antminer can be profitable at 2w/GH until ~september, and can even underclock to 140GH/170W each before then

I keep this post.

Lets wait and see.

option a):
-16x S1s
-Need much more space.
-Consume 2600W

option b):
-2x A1 Ths clones
-Consume 2000W

You choose.

I choose option c.):

I keep this post.

Lets wait and see.
Activity: 353
BUYER BEWARE!

I purchased an Ant S1 from Bitmain and they shipped it to me with a bad Ethernet port. I cannot even plug it in to have it start mining. Clearly they either did not plug it in and test it OR they just knew it was a bad Ethernet port and shipped it out anyways.

I also have a friend who has recently received and Ant S1 from BitMain with a bad Ethernet port as well. Expect the same to happen to you.

It took them 6 weeks to send my friend a new controller board with a good Ethernet port on it. Great customer service.

I have been waiting for 48 hours now for them to even reply to my email to get a new Controller board.

Now I sit with a useless ant that I invested over $480 in. It now is making $0 a day until they ship me a new part. AND they want you to ship the bad part back before they will even ship you a new one. To ship it back to them it cost $44! Ya, prolly three times as much as the controller board.

If your going to purchase an Ant S1 I recommend getting it through a distributor in your country. At least they plug them all in and test them to make sure they are working before shipping to you. Otherwise you will end up with a brick like us and have to deal with the crappiest customer service I have seen thus far.

This is my biggest fear with ordering products directly from Chinese manufacturers.

Perhaps Bitmain can offer coupons that cover the purchase price in BTC for DOA items that are shipped back to them within a couple days of receipt?

Also, note that another poster had trouble with a S1 he ordered from 112bit, and they simply referred him back to Bitmain. If distributors are going simply going to refer their buyers to Bitmain for all problems, I see zero reason to order from them instead of just buying directly from Bitmain. At the very least, distributers should offer their buyers some level of protection and handle RMAs.

Simple man. I know for a fact that MinerSource.net tests every single Ant S1 they get. If they find a bad one they ship it back to BitMain them selfs. Thus they never ship a bad unit to one of their customers, they take care of all the faulty parts behind the scenes to keep a good customer service reputation.

That is how business is done if you want to keep customers.

Bitmain on the other hand is a multi-million dollar company and they cannot even test the unit nor send a new cheap ass controller board! Now you tell me, what the fuck does that mean?

And coupons, ya, where the fuck are my coupons, I have ordered from them several times now and not got a single coupon, yet everyone else I know sits and brags to me how they got 3 coupons and shit. But no, not a single one for me. Not even a damn response to my email to get the faulty part replaced.
Pages:
Jump to: