Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 62. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
New price for AntMiner S1: 0.63 0.619 btc each one, shipping cost included.

damn how long can you go?   (not complaining just impressed)
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S1: 0.63 0.619 btc each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Bought one one monday, that counts as recent I hope... Haven't recieved anything yet.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hoping I am included in the coupons for recent purchase - I purchased a week ago
Activity: 45
wishing for a coupon ><
Activity: 14
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
where's the coupon ?
anyone receive coupon today ?

bitmain site down ?
everyone try to buy S1 while btc low ?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
How soon do these units usually arrive to the US after placing an order?
I just might make my next purchases from BitmainTech but receiving the equipment in a timely manner is more important than saving a few $$.

Thanks!

They always ship 2 Day International. Which is really 3 days, but it's fast as hell for China. The question is when will they have it to ship. Their site says "will ship in 48 hours or less."  So max is 5 days.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
I just might make my next purchases from BitmainTech but receiving the equipment in a timely manner is more important than saving a few $$.

Thanks!

Usually 3-5 business days.  In other words, super fast!    Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!

Thanks!
Activity: 406
cant login to bitmain website  Huh
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Some deals are just to good to pass up, have another 5 coming thinking I should have ordered 10!
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Well I have a few 1300W and a few smaller PSU's collecting dust.  I thought I had ordered my last S1 but at this price it makes sense(for me).
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
The FIAT or BTC discussion is completely MOOT with regards to purchasing Bitmain gear as they only accept BTC as payment. If you dont have BTC than you will need to purchase with FIAT or barter or steal but who the hell knows.

Agreed, I jacked the shit out of this thread, but it seemed a reasonable discussion re: price drop.  In the case of BITMAIN gear (which is currently the best, IMHO) everyone should be doing the math with BTC, never fiat.

Cheers.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
It's a good price....

Wish I had more power...  Wink

No its not good price. Read previous posts.Why they dropped price so hard from 0.881 to this 0.63?
S1 areWERE massive overpriced.
I will wait moment or so to see is will get coupons. I made order for 5 units recently so will see how bitmain will treat me after sendin overcklocked units.

They reading forum and they can see people are pissed of about how they doing business this days.

FTFY.  The new price is entirely reasonable, particularly for anyone who pays <$0.15/kwh and has the extra space and power.  (Believing that the future price of BTC will rise also makes the calculations look a bit better).

I would think that bitmain would be breaking even when they hit 0.5BTC or ~$250.   This considers the chips to  cost about $1 each ($64), 8 regulators that are about $4 each ($32), shipping that costs about $120, and probably $10 cost for the heatsinks.    This is about $230 and does not even include the control board (~$10?), PCB (~$10/ea), and assembly.   

My money says that this might be nearly all the S1 units they have in stock before the S2 (or S3?) becomes the necessary next step.  At 0.63 and the current BTC price, they are only looking at ~$50 profit per unit I would assume (which is still pretty good for the quantity they sell)

The S2 price will hopefully make a drastic drop soon and be a bit more competitive at <5BTC

Yes 2 day shipping is a HUGE cost when selling to retail.

A better way is to send pallets to distributors weeks ahead of time then have the distributors send from within local.  Of course im sure they want a discount
Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
New price for AntMiner S1: 0.818 0.63 btc each one, shipping cost included.

whoever has bought S1 recently will get coupons, which are expected to reach user accounts on Apr 25th and Apr 26th.

Happy Mining  Wink

Cannot Wait
well then don't use your mined coins to buy new hardware with ?? use fiat to buy new coins and use those coins as a vehicle to pay for ur new hardware. problem solved.

Nope, doesn't work that way.  If you buy BTC with fiat and you end up mining less BTC than the BTC you spent on the hardware, regardless of what fiat you paid, you've netted a loss.  The conversion from fiat to BTC doesn't matter, because you paid in BTC.  Let's do some math (complicated tax issues out of the picture).

We're going to simplify the numbers, so it's easy to digest:

Scenario A: You purchase 1BTC for the exchange price of $100USD, then immediately purchase a miner that costs 1BTC.  It's super-fast!  During the lifetime of the device (which we'll say is the time that it makes more in BTC than it costs to feed it electricity) it produces 0.93BTC before you're mining at a loss.  When you go to the exchange, BTC has doubled in price to $200USD.  You exchange your 0.93BTC for $186USD.  This appears to be making a profit, until you get to...

Scenario B: You purchase 1BTC for the exchange price of $100USD, then hodl it.  When you go to the exchange (at the same time as you would in the first scenario) BTC has doubled in price to $200USD.  You exchange your 1BTC for $200USD.  You did no mining, and doubled your money.

In the first scenario, you lost BTC, period.  Regardless of what the fiat rate is, you will always get less exchanged fiat if your miner cost more than it made versus just holding the BTC.  There's no getting around that, you lost BTC.  Profitability in mining should always be calculated in BTC if you paid for the gear in BTC.

Now, the inverse is true if you paid in fiat, and I know that sounds crazy!  If you buy a $100 dollar miner in fiat, and it generates BTC that you later sell for more than $100 dollars, you've made a profit.  It works this way because the "value" of the dollar is (mostly) fixed, where as the value of BTC is not.  If you pay in BTC, you need to make your profit estimates on BTC.  If you paid in fiat, you should be using fiat to base your profit estimates.

That said, I enjoy mining and I've been lucky enough to turn a profit (in BTC!) on my mining endeavors so far--this isn't me shooting down mining by any means, I just know the math is confusing and want to lend a hand.  I myself had to sit in a recliner and sip scotch while I worked it out! Everyone should give it a go, as it's an excellent mental exercise.

That is exactly RIGHT...!

If you pay for miner(s) in BTC...count your return in BTC...
If you pay for your miner(s) in FIAT...count your return in FIAT...

Don't get confused by speculation in exchnge's rates...

The FIAT or BTC discussion is completely MOOT with regards to purchasing Bitmain gear as they only accept BTC as payment. If you dont have BTC than you will need to purchase with FIAT or barter or steal but who the hell knows.
ZiG
well then don't use your mined coins to buy new hardware with ?? use fiat to buy new coins and use those coins as a vehicle to pay for ur new hardware. problem solved.

Nope, doesn't work that way.  If you buy BTC with fiat and you end up mining less BTC than the BTC you spent on the hardware, regardless of what fiat you paid, you've netted a loss.  The conversion from fiat to BTC doesn't matter, because you paid in BTC.  Let's do some math (complicated tax issues out of the picture).

Scenario A: You purchase 1BTC for the exchange price of $100USD, then immediately purchase a miner that costs 1BTC.  It's super-fast!  During the lifetime of the device (which we'll say is the time that it makes more in BTC than it costs to feed it electricity) it produces 0.93BTC before you're mining at a loss.  When you go to the exchange, BTC has doubled in price to $200USD.  You exchange your 0.93BTC for $186USD.  This appears to be making a profit, until you get to...

Scenario B: You purchase 1BTC for the exchange price of $100USD, then hodl it.  When you go to the exchange (at the same time as you would in the first scenario) BTC has doubled in price to $200USD.  You exchange your 1BTC for $200USD.  You did no mining, and doubled your money.

In the first scenario, you lost BTC, period.  Regardless of what the fiat rate is, you will always get less exchanged fiat if your miner cost more than it made versus just holding the BTC.  There's no getting around that, you lost BTC.  Profitability in mining should always be calculated in BTC if you paid for the gear in BTC.

Now, the inverse is true if you paid in fiat, and I know that sounds crazy!  If you buy a $100 dollar miner in fiat, and it generates BTC that you later sell for more than $100 dollars, you've made a profit.  It works this way because the "value" of the dollar is (mostly) fixed, where as the value of BTC is not.  If you pay in BTC, you need to make your profit estimates on BTC.  If you paid in fiat, you should be using fiat to base your profit estimates.

That said, I enjoy mining and I've been lucky enough to turn a profit (in BTC!) on my mining endeavors so far--this isn't me shooting down mining by any means, I just know the math is confusing and want to lend a hand.  I myself had to sit in a recliner and sip scotch while I worked it out! Everyone should give it a go, as it's an excellent mental exercise.

That is exactly RIGHT...!

If you pay for miner(s) in BTC...count your return in BTC...
If you pay for your miner(s) in FIAT...count your return in FIAT...

Don't get confused by speculation in exchnge's rates...
Well I bit for 2 more S1 units. I have a redhash Avalon gen 1 clone at 105 Gh using 900watts and a some BFL units 75 gh using 450watts that in 1-2 months time will consume more in electricity costs than they generate if BTC remains at $500. At this new low price I felt the S1 will completely sell out and so grabbed some while I could.

Looking forward to turning off the old hardware as they have not been 100% stable like the S1s. The S1s never go down. Just the best hardware I have experienced.
Activity: 742

Scenario A: You purchase 1BTC for the exchange price of $100USD, then immediately purchase a miner that costs 1BTC.  It's super-fast!  During the lifetime of the device (which we'll say is the time that it makes more in BTC than it costs to feed it electricity) it produces 0.93BTC before you're mining at a loss.  When you go to the exchange, BTC has doubled in price to $200USD.  You exchange your 0.93BTC for $186USD.  This appears to be a profit gain, until you get to...

That said, I enjoy mining and I've been lucky enough to turn a profit (in BTC!) on my mining endeavors so far--this isn't me shooting down mining by any means, I just know the math is confusing and want to lend a hand.  I myself had to sit in a recliner and sip scotch while I worked it out!  Everyone should give it a go, as it's an excellent mental exercise.

Pages:
Jump to: