Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 88. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
What's the default mining address the S1 is set to when you get it all about?

Its written on it. 192.168.0.99 wat it was on mine.
More recently, Bitmain has set the default IP address to 192.168.1.99 on the Antminer S1
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
CroverNo to the rescueeeeeee - I still have stock in china - will confirm units and price inc low value shipping fee within next hour

Edit:

Price: $560 per ant inc shipping fee - Low custom fee

Sadly due to the price drop in BTC it is around 1.326BTC per ant - Once an order is created you have the option to pay via BTC or $

Custom fee declare is $50 for the S1 so many EU have no custom fee at ALL!!

If you order multi S1 you only pay 1 custom fee as we sent in bigger box yet again saving you more money.

$560 is the best I can offer which is at todays rate 1.326BTC

Bitmain will find it hard to sell S1 at such low BTC price as they make a loss so unless BTC rise price will have to be this.

Let me know if you need anything next week we will have the S2 LOW Custom FEE Option!!
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
sold out Sad I want more !
Activity: 252

No I don't mean the IP address, I mean on the miner setup page where you put the pools in, the first one is already filled in.
legendary

legendary
No its gone again. Now for real?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
if true, fuck these guys, they have a substantial amount of my btc hostage in coupons =(
I told them I wanted my btc back, not fucking coupons!
S1 all sold out on the Bitmain site.

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

Now run them overclocked and you see why you need a 850W to be safe or a VERY stable 750W supply since you would be at 90-95% actual load (770W+ at the wall with 80+ platinum).
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

That PSU actually has 720W of 12V power - that is good for a pair of stock units that should draw about 300-360W from the PSU (and 10-20% more at the wall).

The issue primarily lies in smaller power supplies, generally anything thats not 80+ silver or better while being <600W  has a cheap 12V rail or multiple 12V rails, and 12V is often 11.8V at higher loads.  I run 3 overclocked units (393,387.5,393 MHz) on a AX1200 GOLD Corsair supply with no problem, pushing about 90+% load on a PSU that uses quality components capable of being pushed to the limits.

A 500W PSU is designed for a windows XP system that will only idle at 30% load for most of its lifetime
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
Activity: 121
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
looking for something else to buy now,
any suggestions?
Simples:
When the price is low - Buy BTC
when the price is high - Buy miners (with the BTC:)
Activity: 121
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
IIRC Bitmain was looking for a private party to exchange their BTC....*snip*
Doesn't look like they found a buyer yet...
https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ
But... who'd sell at these prices?
i was getting ready to order a few as well in a few days.

this really messes up my plans... looking for something else to buy now, but nothing that makes sense to me at the moment. prices are still insane right now, even with the hype settling down and all.
any sugestions?
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
hmm that sucks.
it shouldnt matter really.
we exchange our coins to fiat, send it to him, and he exchanges it back to btc again Wink

i hope he gets it sorted. he had a nice buisiness going for himself.

question is, what will fiat prices be like.....

hope it isn`t to much more then btc pricing

I agree I just got two S1's  in yesterday. But I also trade BTC in addition to mining.  With the price as low as it is for S1's and some reports of exchanges saying china banks are cutting off accounts related to BTC, how else could he exchange it?  Ie if I get more than 50k in orders a day I am at risk of currency swings since cant exchange at the price as soon as I get it.  I don't know if this affects Bitmain currently but if it does I would hedge and look to a solution that helps him and us as customers out.  Ultimately I hope the PBOC rumors aren't true or as harsh but appriciate a stance that doesn't leave me or my hardware supplier holding a smelly bag of sh....

IIRC Bitmain was looking for a private party to exchange their BTC.  It was a separate thread a month or so ago, so if that went through that may help mitigate the threat of Chinese banks freaking out.  Assuming, of course, that the private party doesn't run into the same issue....
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
hmm that sucks.
we exchange our coins to fiat, send it to him, and he exchanges it back to btc again Wink

I agree I just got two S1's  in yesterday. But I also trade BTC in addition to mining.  With the price as low as it is for S1's and some reports of exchanges saying china banks are cutting off accounts related to BTC, how else could he exchange it?  Ie if I get more than 50k in orders a day I am at risk of currency swings since cant exchange at the price as soon as I get it.  I don't know if this affects Bitmain currently but if it does I would hedge and look to a solution that helps him and us as customers out.  Ultimately I hope the PBOC rumors aren't true or as harsh but appriciate a stance that doesn't leave me or my hardware supplier holding a smelly bag of sh....
hmm that sucks.

Activity: 478
Merit: 125
If the rumors are true of the pboc cutting off accounts that exchange in bitcoin, I would expect Bitmain might have to move to Fiat based.  Just speculation on my part but could be why S1 is out, no batch 3 S2's yet or additional U2+.  May need time to properly price in fiat and adjust accounts so he and us don't get screwed.  Thoughts?  Pure speculation on my part.
Pages:
Jump to: