Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 87. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
any confermation from bitmain on if s1 will come back, and how pricing waill be in the future?

I have a feeling their chip supply/manufacturing capacity is being converted to S2, my guess is that at this BTC price the shipping cost is starting to eat to much into their S1 profits to be worth it.

Most people think the S1 and the S2 use the same chips.  My bet is the boards are almost the same as well, just undervolted.  

I agree. Price means everything. Ship more, do it cheaper. Printing those proven 55nm chips is very cheap now. Generally mining board like that wont cost too much when your doing 500 000 or more. If chip is your own. Bitmain must aim shipping S2 miners huge amounts.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
any confermation from bitmain on if s1 will come back, and how pricing waill be in the future?

I have a feeling their chip supply/manufacturing capacity is being converted to S2, my guess is that at this BTC price the shipping cost is starting to eat to much into their S1 profits to be worth it.

Most people think the S1 and the S2 use the same chips.  My bet is the boards are almost the same as well, just undervolted. 
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I'm running 17% HW at stock Sad

It might be worth pointing out that the HW errors that the ANT reports on the status page are Diff1, so you have to do more math than normal.  Check out this calculator: http://www.coincadence.com/antminer-s1-hardware-error/

Cheers.

That yields a Hardware Error Rate of 0.14873012822 %

I wouldn't sweat it, then!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
The warranty isnt worth shit to begin with after RMA costs and time lost mining. Just OC them!

^^this comment is spot on^^If its dead than yeah, no choice. But s1 is reliable as hell so there should be no problem with overclocking.
yeeah, just OC them,
I always OC when the S1 got in my hand.
first try 400, if HW error more than 2% lowered OC to 375.
mostly fine with 375.

i added some those aluminum heat sinks and that dropped my heat by about 2 degrees per blade . and it seem to drop even more if the miner has cool air flowing over the heatsinks.
Activity: 70

It might be worth pointing out that the HW errors that the ANT reports on the status page are Diff1, so you have to do more math than normal.  Check out this calculator: http://www.coincadence.com/antminer-s1-hardware-error/

Cheers.

That yields a Hardware Error Rate of 0.14873012822 %
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

Cheers.
Activity: 70
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
The warranty isnt worth shit to begin with after RMA costs and time lost mining. Just OC them!

^^this comment is spot on^^If its dead than yeah, no choice. But s1 is reliable as hell so there should be no problem with overclocking.
yeeah, just OC them,
mostly fine with 375.

HW error suppose to be below 1%. Mine doing 400 with 0.2-0.3% error
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Does anyone think these will be back anytime soon?

If btc clear 600  Roll Eyes

The S1s are a bargain in fiat terms, $386!   Cheesy

In BTC, not so much.... Cry

S2 even more so . Sad
Activity: 168
Its unfortunate that you can't buy anything from them now. Boo!
Activity: 211

If btc clear 600  Roll Eyes
Activity: 108

yeeah, just OC them,
mostly fine with 375.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

We have to wait until april 15th I guess. Hopefully they are gonna shipp the S2 batch 2 without problems, cannot wait to unpack it and install it.
Activity: 168
Nice photos of un packing the latest batch of S1's

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Sold out.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CroverNo to the rescueeeeeee - I still have stock in china - will confirm units and price inc low value shipping fee within next hour

Edit:

Price: $560 per ant inc shipping fee - Low custom fee

Sadly due to the price drop in BTC it is around 1.326BTC per ant - Once an order is created you have the option to pay via BTC or $

Custom fee declare is $50 for the S1 so many EU have no custom fee at ALL!!

If you order multi S1 you only pay 1 custom fee as we sent in bigger box yet again saving you more money.

$560 is the best I can offer which is at todays rate 1.326BTC

Bitmain will find it hard to sell S1 at such low BTC price as they make a loss so unless BTC rise price will have to be this.

Let me know if you need anything next week we will have the S2 LOW Custom FEE Option!!

thats still reasnable pricing in my opinion. better than enything elso on the market right now.
with these low btc prices it was to be expected that the price was not sustainable.
looking for something else to buy now,
any suggestions?
Simples:
When the price is low - Buy BTC
when the price is high - Buy miners (with the BTC:)

yeah, but i like mining, keeps mee busy and engaged with the community and with whats going on in the community.
i do buy btc and day trade. and i also like mining. soo.....
Pages:
Jump to: