Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 127. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Why is  bitmaintech selling s2 for usd2366 in china and sell internationally for usd3199?
http://www.cybtc.com/it618_scoremall-scoremall_page.html?pid=52

price drop soon?

Because it cost $600-700 to ship 2nd day air and there are custom charges too.

They dont get charged for customs as far as I know, and shipping a S2 from china doesnt cost nearly that much via UPS.

There are heavy customs charges for European customers.

You guys dont appreciate the 2nd day shipping service Bitmain provides, it cost almost the same to ship s1 as the actual cost to manufacture, so profit margins are slim.

For s2 I dont know the weight, say it is 14kg:

An example:  ship to US.

$584 usd for 8am deliver, for end of day delivery is $494 usd.  2 day shipping.

Shipping USPS is cheaper but they dont have 2 day service, only 3-5 day and thats about $210.

Going to Europe and England is alot of customs duties.

Um.
I know exactly how much it costs to ship the S1/S2 from China to the US, I ve received well over 2k of them.
Also you cant get 2 day air from china, they use Express Saver witch is technically up to 3 business days but no guarantees. Bitmain doesnt pay the EU customs- its paid by the receiver.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Why is  bitmaintech selling s2 for usd2366 in china and sell internationally for usd3199?

price drop soon?

They dont get charged for customs as far as I know, and shipping a S2 from china doesnt cost nearly that much via UPS.

There are heavy customs charges for European customers.

You guys dont appreciate the 2nd day shipping service Bitmain provides, it cost almost the same to ship s1 as the actual cost to manufacture, so profit margins are slim.

For s2 I dont know the weight, say it is 14kg:

An example:  ship to US.

$584 usd for 8am deliver, for end of day delivery is $494 usd.  2 day shipping.

Shipping USPS is cheaper but they dont have 2 day service, only 3-5 day and thats about $210.

Going to Europe and England is alot of customs duties.

PS.  I had a small problem with one of my s1 before but since it still worked 100% I declined to ship it back for service because shipping would have cost a ton (even the slowest way), and I would have lost valuable time mining.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Why is  bitmaintech selling s2 for usd2366 in china and sell internationally for usd3199?

price drop soon?

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

price drop soon?

s1 is same price
http://www.cybtc.com/it618_scoremall-scoremall_page.html?pid=33

I suspect they not yet update their main site Smiley
Activity: 882

price drop soon?

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

price drop soon?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
我是中国人。我有一个玩笑。我已经在你的可乐里撒尿。
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
曾经买了比特大陆的矿机,没什么利润,厂商的打工仔

葡萄牙黄金居留深度解析:五年拿永居无语言要求_网易教育

lolll @ 111
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
曾经买了比特大陆的矿机,没什么利润,厂商的打工仔
WTF...?...Translate...please... Grin

谷歌翻譯為贏
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Continental had bought a bit of mining machine, no profit, vendor employees

Portugal gold residence depth analysis: five years to get permanent residency without language requirements _ NetEase Education

ZiG
Activity: 406
曾经买了比特大陆的矿机,没什么利润,厂商的打工仔

WTF...?...Translate...please... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
曾经买了比特大陆的矿机,没什么利润,厂商的打工仔

葡萄牙黄金居留深度解析:五年拿永居无语言要求_网易教育
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
so 3 1/2 hours and i got it running a few guys pm'd .... thanx but wound up using some phone support.... pi wasn't connected and a fan male prong was bent...got it back straight with  a wine key, i pour a lot of wine at my job...  so its running now,, what should i expect? is all the sudden its gonna stop if i don't flash something or replace an sd card??? i cant believe i made it this far.. the interface looks so crappy like calico vision, do i up date it??
pool recommendations??

if its running leave it be Smiley    as for pools, i suggest eligius. you get newly minted coin, no fees, and nmc merged mining. also something like 9% of the network so its an ideally sized pool IMO

Great choice if you want constant late payments and not be paid for namecoin for months.

DGM is the way to go. find a good DGM pool.

they work great with p2pool.  not subject to pool ddos attacks, pool problems, mitm attacks, or pool operator problem.

M

I can confirm this. You get duplicate shares but you get those on other pools too. Seems to be an issue with the S2 (at least mine). Doesn't seem to affect the hash rate much if at all.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
曾经买了比特大陆的矿机,没什么利润,厂商的打工仔
Activity: 252
ok, so are difficulty and mining results related?? i see 1 person said 128, two other people said 1024, and 1 guy said 512... i had it running for a few hours at 128 it did not seem to have as much success as i thought it should....on the pool end of things like on btc guild i can select 512 or 1024, but on my machine the interface only allows 256 or 1024... what do i do?
Typically BTC Guild will use the difficulty set under "worker" tab when you launch. It will detect the speed of your worker and slowly push you up. The next time you restart this process will happen again unless you make note where your diff is on your miner software header before ending a "LONG" session. ie. BFG Miner actually displays "diff xx with stratum..." on the third line. This is the same setting you want to select on the BTC Guild page and set too in your config file.
If you set yours at 128 and run for a short time it may not have changed yet. But if you looked at the miner software and it shows you at"diff 512 with stratum..." then you know to change your account diff and config line.
If your account "worker" setting is not the same as your config file at launch, BTC Guild will reject the diff setting you send a request for and begin the processes of calculating when too push you up and too what #, automatically.

ok, so i am not where i need to be as far as even being able to understand what u and a few others have said, i do want to say thanx to all who are helping me,,, how do i print screen so i can show u what i am seeing and then ask the appropriate question Huh sorry but i tried it like i always do and it didnt work?? so my miner has cgminer not bfg.... i think what you are saying is that i could have my miner dificulty set higher on btc guild than i do on my miner and it will use the btc guild difficulty,,,but that being said my miner does not have the option of being set at 512....its 256 or 1024,,,,lets say i didnt use btc guild and the pool i was using didnt have an option to set the dificulty does that mean they still control the difficulty for my miner and they will ramp it up regardless of my settins or will i have to choose 256 or 1024 on my end.... do i update this thing?? for the last 8 hours i had btc guild dificulty at 1024 and my rig at 256,,, i dont know if this means anything but over those 8 hours i had 18,432.00 total dificulty rejected,, an average total of 195% "device rejected %".... a btc guild avg hash of 996 and 99.8% accepted ... so is all this related... when i use a calculator i am definitly under par? but why? is this stuff related,,,
legendary
Activity: 966
ok, so are difficulty and mining results related?? i see 1 person said 128, two other people said 1024, and 1 guy said 512... i had it running for a few hours at 128 it did not seem to have as much success as i thought it should....on the pool end of things like on btc guild i can select 512 or 1024, but on my machine the interface only allows 256 or 1024... what do i do?
Typically BTC Guild will use the difficulty set under "worker" tab when you launch. It will detect the speed of your worker and slowly push you up. The next time you restart this process will happen again unless you make note where your diff is on your miner software header before ending a "LONG" session. ie. BFG Miner actually displays "diff xx with stratum..." on the third line. This is the same setting you want to select on the BTC Guild page and set too in your config file.
If you set yours at 128 and run for a short time it may not have changed yet. But if you looked at the miner software and it shows you at"diff 512 with stratum..." then you know to change your account diff and config line.
If your account "worker" setting is not the same as your config file at launch, BTC Guild will reject the diff setting you send a request for and begin the processes of calculating when too push you up and too what #, automatically.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
so 3 1/2 hours and i got it running a few guys pm'd .... thanx but wound up using some phone support.... pi wasn't connected and a fan male prong was bent...got it back straight with  a wine key, i pour a lot of wine at my job...  so its running now,, what should i expect? is all the sudden its gonna stop if i don't flash something or replace an sd card??? i cant believe i made it this far.. the interface looks so crappy like calico vision, do i up date it??
pool recommendations??

if its running leave it be Smiley    as for pools, i suggest eligius. you get newly minted coin, no fees, and nmc merged mining. also something like 9% of the network so its an ideally sized pool IMO

Great choice if you want constant late payments and not be paid for namecoin for months.

they work great with p2pool.  not subject to pool ddos attacks, pool problems, mitm attacks, or pool operator problem.

M
Activity: 434
pool recommendations??

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
pool recommendations??

Activity: 362

If I had an S2, I would use 512. I always use the difficulty lower than my hash rate. An S1 is 180-200gh/s, so I use 128 instead of 256.

If you set your difficulty too high you will get more stales because your miner is working on a larger packet of data and will take longer to send it back.
If you set it too low then your miner is constantly sending/receiving too much data so you are wasting bandwidth.
*If your S2 is constantly over 1000gh/s, I might would use 1024.
Jump to: