Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 13. (Read 355604 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
They did not give a specific no but as they mention "NOT RIGHT NOW!" so those S2 original buyer were given a 200 voucher. Unfortunately i purchase few second hand and they refuse to give me the ticket.

If we OC to 1.1TH, can we still utilize the current fan and psu?

This shouldn't be a surprise, the original buyers got the vouchers.

An upgrade for the S2 doesn't make sense for anyone I suppose. You would have to replace everything except the case.

Why Bitmain promised an upgrade ? That's why I bought it.
Don't tell me that Bitmain didn't know or couldn't predict.
Now there is no promised upgrade instead he is giving me ridiculous $200, used to be $400.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I posted this in a different discussion but I noticed that this one is labeled active, please excuse my forum faux pas. I'm hoping someone here can help me since I am a relatively new to using antminers. I have three s1's and two s3's and I just bought my first s2. I have successfully ssh into the s1's and s3's and have overclocked/underclocked without any problems, but for some reason I cannot edit the /etc/config in the s2. I open putty and enter root/admin and instead of seeing the normal welcome screen all I see is a line "root@antminer:~#", then I enter "/etc/config" and it says "-sh: /etc/config: not found". I have updated to the latest firmware from Bitmain and have rebooted several times. Any ideas what might be wrong?
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
They did not give a specific no but as they mention "NOT RIGHT NOW!" so those S2 original buyer were given a 200 voucher. Unfortunately i purchase few second hand and they refuse to give me the ticket.

This shouldn't be a surprise, the original buyers got the vouchers.

An upgrade for the S2 doesn't make sense for anyone I suppose. You would have to replace everything except the case.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
True.  Cool Even simply an upgrade would satisfy most of us. ) But they at least said something about an upgrade, but still keeping silence about FW.
Where. Is. New Firmware. For S2. Bitmain promised to us. Huh?  Undecided

Where. Is. New upgrade for S2. Bitmain promised to us. Huh?  Undecided
legendary
Where. Is. New Firmware. For S2. Bitmain promised to us. Huh?  Undecided
Activity: 924
What issues are you guys having with your S2's? All of mine seem to run great...1.1TH with 0 issues. I did however replace the stock PSU with better ones.

Same here.
legendary
You better replace stock PSU with something like Corsair AX1200i. Sure you can use stock fans if the noise is not important for you (it will not work much louder when OCed), otherwise maybe Noctua NF-A14 PWM will be better choose. But be ready that the noise will not be reduced very much (but S2 will be quieter anyway), but the temperature will be 2-3 degrees higher.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
What issues are you guys having with your S2's? All of mine seem to run great...1.1TH with 0 issues. I did however replace the stock PSU with better ones.
Activity: 353

Could some one tell me please, is it true that S2 has no chance for upgrade ?
legendary
My S2, overclocked to 1.1 Th running on kano's firmware, found a block. For about 2.5 monthes... If only I could know...  Undecided

I'm afraid that if I try to mine in solo now - it will not find any blocks for next 2-3 years....
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Is it possible to have the S2 use a constant fan RPM? I do not want to clip the blue wire and run 100% if possible. I was wanting to run them at say 65% all of the time...maybe set it in cgminer config or something?
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
If anyone has a spare $200 S4 coupon, please PM me.

PM'd.
legendary
Activity: 1596
If anyone has a spare $200 S4 coupon, please PM me.
What's the difference? New as in the new upgrade?? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1274
Been a while since I posted, here's a link to the image file with the latest firmware installed for those of you who have had your SD cards die. The image is over 4GB, so it won't fit on the stock 2GB card. The download is only 38MB zipped https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16075357/S2firmware.img.zip
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Well,

I have experience this attack and here are some picture i took

[IMG=http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]http://ageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/xCto5q.jpg][/img]

Unfortunately i did not save it in landscape as it will show you that the priorty has been set to "0" means main priority to Pool No. 3. For those who dont get it, we can only set 3 pool but not 4 pool.

Sorry to see that, you're not the only one either. Suggest you email this to Bitmain demanding an explanation/compensation. I noticed it's the same username using btcguild as another victim of this attack - maybe you can also contact eleuthria at BTCGuild & see if he can help you.

Please post here if you get a response from Bitmain, even if it's the usual "we're working on it" crap.  Wink
Well,

I have experience this attack and here are some picture i took

[IMG=http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]http://ageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/xCto5q.jpg][/img]

Unfortunately i did not save it in landscape as it will show you that the priorty has been set to "0" means main priority to Pool No. 3. For those who dont get it, we can only set 3 pool but not 4 pool.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

Have you traced the connections coming from your miners and seen them going anywhere else than what is expected???  PM me if you are unsure how to do this, I would be glad to help.  

Interesting theory, but let's put forth some concrete evidence before making accusations.

To my knowledge I have not yet been unfortunate enough to have had my hash rate redirected - this is because I use p2pool & my operation is entirely "in-house", so I am able to monitor 24/7, but I can't be sure that I haven't been a victim as my S2's are still using the unpatched cgminer version - thanks to Bitmain. The stratum redirect issue mainly affects normal, centralized pool users, a few of the latest examples:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9126676

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518205.380

It is a known issue, not a theory, which is why all miner devs added a patch to their software when it was discovered. There is plenty of "concrete evidence" of this type of attack, a simple google search or scan of this forum will reveal your results. The simple fact is, Bitmain is the only hardware manufacturer that insists on using this older version of cgminer, in full knowledge of the redirect security flaw, whereas all other manufacturers applied the updated cgminer version to their hardware many months ago. Think about it - why would they do that? They even put it in their new S3's & S4's when they first came out.....2 months after promising everyone they wouldn't.

If Bitmain had done what the community asked & what they themselves promised, they would not find themselves in the position of "prime suspects", and nobody would have to worry about this issue - it is entirely their fault.

Why would any hardware manufacturer not want to ensure their software was secure?
Pages:
Jump to: