Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 14. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
I received an answer to a PM I sent to Bitmain/BitmainWarranty:

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported in this Support Thread. We are very willing to share the cgminer code to the Community.
Just reviewed our internal resource again, there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department. We thought this task was done 3 weeks ago.. 
However, R&D Department is repacking the cgminer code and will upload it to GitHub.com in 3 hours.

Any advice from the Community and Global Customers is appreciated, feel free to contact us via PM or [email protected].

Thank you!

Cgminer 3.12.0 has been uploaded, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer. The latest version will be updated in 2 weeks.

BITMAIN - DO AS YOU PROMISED 7 WEEKS AGO & GET THIS S2 FIRMWARE OUT - NO MORE DELAYS, LIES, HOLIDAY EXCUSES OR BROKEN PROMISES- GET IT DONE!!!!

Have you traced the connections coming from your miners and seen them going anywhere else than what is expected???  PM me if you are unsure how to do this, I would be glad to help.   

Interesting theory, but let's put forth some concrete evidence before making accusations.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
do you have any other hobbies beside this?

No. Bitcoin is my life  Cheesy

It is also my living. I just don't like to be lied to, and like to know that my hash hate is going where it's supposed to go.

Like everyone else.

Are you really capable to do this for living ? Can you share what is your strategy (mining, trading, investing) ?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

No. Bitcoin is my life  Cheesy

It is also my living. I just don't like to be lied to, and like to know that my hash hate is going where it's supposed to go.

Like everyone else.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
I received an answer to a PM I sent to Bitmain/BitmainWarranty:

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported in this Support Thread. We are very willing to share the cgminer code to the Community.
Just reviewed our internal resource again, there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department. We thought this task was done 3 weeks ago.. 
However, R&D Department is repacking the cgminer code and will upload it to GitHub.com in 3 hours.

Any advice from the Community and Global Customers is appreciated, feel free to contact us via PM or [email protected].

Thank you!

Cgminer 3.12.0 has been uploaded, https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer. The latest version will be updated in 2 weeks.

BITMAIN - DO AS YOU PROMISED 7 WEEKS AGO & GET THIS S2 FIRMWARE OUT - NO MORE DELAYS, LIES, HOLIDAY EXCUSES OR BROKEN PROMISES- GET IT DONE!!!!
This is becoming a bad joke. I think the only option now is to start flooding them with PM's & emails, as they obviously don't give a shit. There are customers out there who are having their hash rate stolen as a direct result of Bitmains incompetence, broken promises and lies.....

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Getting an answer from Bitmain is like getting blood from a stone:

Post a question here - nothing.
PM them a question - nothing.
Email them a question - nothing.

S2 & S3 users have been waiting since August 18th for these answers, that's over 6 weeks!

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported....blah blah......there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department...blah blah.....

Thank you!

Now they have finally upload the newer cgminer code that fixes the security holes (6 weeks late), but they don't give users any information about how to apply the update!! Does that mean their customers have to wait another 6 weeks to get an answer?

It takes seconds to read a post, and minutes to reply with instructions on how to update, yet they don't seem at all interested in making sure that all their customers miners are safe from exploitation.....why is that Bitmain?

Just receive a message from Bitmain, so probably we will only have a answer in 4 or 5  October. Sad

still no answer Sad about our new firmware, or the way to upgrade cgminer.
As the earning of AntMiner S1 on HASHNEST is nearly equals to the Electricity + Maintenance fee, there are 2 solutions for discussion:

1. HASHNEST will process the AntMiner S1, and the residual value will transfer to BTC, then, equally share to every S1 users.

2. Transfer the hash rate of the AntMiner S1 to UMISOO under the ratio of 2:1, and the residual value belongs to UMISOO.

Notice:

Hashnest.com/hash.vc has transferred S1's hashing power to Umisoo's per the ratio of 2 (S1 hashrate):1(Umisoo hashrate). And closed S1 hash trading market on Oct. 3rd.

Happy Hashing  Wink

i need some help, in my status i see this:
Your workers   5m   15m   1h   1d   Unassigned Earnings
UMISOO   665.8908   667.5479   666.9017   654.8766   0.01555597

Unassigned Earning - 0.0155 but when i see what i receive a day is 0.0094. How is this possible?
cause 60.8% fees  Grin   indeed...

nop is not that. Because in that value 0.0094 they applie the 60% or 73%(Today), so i only receive 0.004 or something. Hashnest can you please explain?

thanks

It will be nice if you answer the people that bought you stuff from hashnest.com, this is the 3-4 time i post the same question and you never answer. Can you please clarify this situation? Thanks
Activity: 151
As the earning of AntMiner S1 on HASHNEST is nearly equals to the Electricity + Maintenance fee, there are 2 solutions for discussion:

1. HASHNEST will process the AntMiner S1, and the residual value will transfer to BTC, then, equally share to every S1 users.

2. Transfer the hash rate of the AntMiner S1 to UMISOO under the ratio of 2:1, and the residual value belongs to UMISOO.

Notice:

Hashnest.com/hash.vc has transferred S1's hashing power to Umisoo's per the ratio of 2 (S1 hashrate):1(Umisoo hashrate). And closed S1 hash trading market on Oct. 3rd.

Happy Hashing  Wink
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
September 30, 2014, 12:30:35 PM
So that'll take it up to 7 weeks since they promised to do it within 2 weeks.......... Roll Eyes

Dear Community,

Thank you!

Unbelievable Bitmain.
September 30, 2014, 12:17:36 PM

S2 & S3 users have been waiting since August 18th for these answers, that's over 6 weeks!

Dear Community,

Our truly apologies for the mis-understanding reported....blah blah......there is a little mis-communicaton between Customer Service Team and R&D Department...blah blah.....

Thank you!

Now they have finally upload the newer cgminer code that fixes the security holes (6 weeks late), but they don't give users any information about how to apply the update!! Does that mean their customers have to wait another 6 weeks to get an answer?

It takes seconds to read a post, and minutes to reply with instructions on how to update, yet they don't seem at all interested in making sure that all their customers miners are safe from exploitation.....why is that Bitmain?

Just receive a message from Bitmain, so probably we will only have a answer in 4 or 5  October. Sad
September 30, 2014, 09:51:42 AM

Dear Community,

Thank you!

September 30, 2014, 06:33:37 AM
Bitmain,

Please can you provide information on how S2 users can update their cgminer to the latest version from https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer  so that they can protect their miners from the "stratum redirect" security vulnerability.

Can you also please state weather the S4 units are compatible with p2pool, as has been asked repeatedly on the forums.

Thank you.

Will be nice to get a answer.
September 29, 2014, 06:09:22 PM
I just sent you a PM!

Thanks! PM'd you back  Wink
Activity: 170
September 29, 2014, 02:22:55 PM
Is this a known issue?  Is the power supply just toast?  (Is it even worth it to replace at this difficulty?)

Yep. Yep. Nope.

I'll buy your base plate though....... Wink

I have a spare base connector board from an S2 I had that was never able to reach 1 TH.  I thought the connector/power board was the issue, but apparently it wasn't.  I'm in Montreal, so you'll have to decide if shipping/customs is going to be worth it to you.

I just sent you a PM!
September 29, 2014, 11:24:59 AM
Bitmain,

Please can you provide information on how S2 users can update their cgminer to the latest version from https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer  so that they can protect their miners from the "stratum redirect" security vulnerability.

Can you also please state weather the S4 units are compatible with p2pool, as has been asked repeatedly on the forums.

Thank you.
Activity: 854
September 28, 2014, 11:41:27 PM
(Is it even worth it to replace at this difficulty?)

This is Bitcoin Mining, soon people will start building their own power supplies by wrapping up copper coil themselves.
Activity: 151
September 28, 2014, 07:04:13 AM
Adjusting More:
Cutting down the UMISOO subscription price to 0.001125BTC/GHS, Those users who have subscribed UMISOO's hashrate will receive 20% valued hashrate based on their subscribed volume. This adjustment will be completed at 22:00pm Sept. 28th Beijing (UTC +8 Time Zone)
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
September 27, 2014, 01:27:53 PM
I have a spare S2 hashing board if anyone is interested, just leave me a PM Smiley

Cheers
September 25, 2014, 11:11:35 AM
Is this a known issue?  Is the power supply just toast?  (Is it even worth it to replace at this difficulty?)

Yep. Yep. Nope.

I'll buy your base plate though....... Wink
Pages:
Jump to: