Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 18. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
September 03, 2014, 11:11:13 AM
Hello Bitmain,

I see you have uploaded the latest cgminer source code here:  https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

Can you please tell everyone how to upgrade their S2 & S3 miners to this latest version with the security fixes? Or are you releasing a new firmware for the S2 & S3 that will include this cgminer version?

Many Thanks, IYFTech.

Hi IYFTech,

The latest version was tested with USB miner. Correct, we will release another version or new versions which are for S2 & S3 once engineers finish upgrade.

Anyway, we will try our best to upload the latest one on github as soon as we can.

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
September 03, 2014, 07:40:02 AM
UMISOO Round 1 4Peta GHS is generated by 4300 units of AntMiner S2, which are deployed in Shenyang China.
Miner shows in the Hosting farm  Tongue

oh my goooood.so many s2 !!!!!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
September 03, 2014, 07:33:07 AM
Hello Bitmain,

I see you have uploaded the latest cgminer source code here:  https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

Can you please tell everyone how to upgrade their S2 & S3 miners to this latest version with the security fixes? Or are you releasing a new firmware for the S2 & S3 that will include this cgminer version?

Many Thanks, IYFTech.
+1 to that!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
September 03, 2014, 07:29:50 AM
Hello Bitmain,

Many Thanks, IYFTech.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2014, 06:25:01 AM
I was thinking of buying a contract but finally abandoned the idea.
First of all you mine with someone else hardware and you can never sell the miner
if you purchase the hardware as well and sometime it can be delivered to you its different
and the fact that they mention when the fees and electricity equal to zero
contract ends.

for now its only 4p in the 220 total

off-course they mine more profitable than the average garage miner
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
September 03, 2014, 06:11:09 AM
Good buy home mining. 
legendary
September 03, 2014, 05:53:57 AM
Good GOD, LOOK at all that DUST........It's already turning those miners ash white!!!!
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 03, 2014, 04:13:51 AM
UMISOO Round 1 4Peta GHS is generated by 4300 units of AntMiner S2, which are deployed in Shenyang China.

Haha very nice farm. More reasons why individual mining is dying  Shocked
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
GHASH Exchange- hashnest.com
September 03, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

4P antS2 Hash Round 1 Subscription
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
September 03, 2014, 12:28:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
This user is currently ignored.
Music to my eyes. Smiley

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not "complete speculation".  Bitmain, to the point, stated that they would be releasing an upgrade for the S2 in Aug/Sept.  So perhaps you should check your facts before you tell people to "Grow the Fuck UP!".

He's just upset because I called him out on acting like a child in another thread.  But yes, Bitmain stated that they would release the S1 upgrade option shortly after the S3 was released, and the S2 upgrade shortly after that.  I have no reason to doubt them at this point.  It makes perfect sense from a production point of view, I just hope it's more affordable (or less ridiculous?) in price point than the S1 upgrade is.  At this point the S1 upgrade is only good if you have dead units collecting dust.

Edit: Don't take my word for it.

Reserved for updates and FAQ

3. Will there be S1/S2 upgrade kit and what is your plan?

Yes, there will be upgrade kit for both S1 and S2 customers. But we need some time to design and test it. After we have finished the homework, we will announce the plan publicly.
Reserved for Q&A and Updates

1. Will there be upgrade parts for S1 and S2?

Yes, there will be. But we still need to solve some production/testing problem before we finalize the plan and public it.

Upgradable
All AntMiner S2 and S2 kit will be adapted to the Hash Boards with next generation chips. Clients can freely choose the upgrade version Hash Boards to replace the ones in hands.
And finally
A short good news for the S2 buyer is that we will let the S2 to upgrade to 1.8TH/s or 2TH/s at very low cost which you can only image now in the August or September. It still depends on many factors to let us achieve that and detailed plan needs to be drafted, But we are very confident that we can make it.

From Sept 22 the upgrade on it will prob get back .15 btc

maybe just in time to offer them for sale for 0.1499 btc
Activity: 882
Music to my eyes. Smiley

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not "complete speculation".  Bitmain, to the point, stated that they would be releasing an upgrade for the S2 in Aug/Sept.  So perhaps you should check your facts before you tell people to "Grow the Fuck UP!".

He's just upset because I called him out on acting like a child in another thread.  But yes, Bitmain stated that they would release the S1 upgrade option shortly after the S3 was released, and the S2 upgrade shortly after that.  I have no reason to doubt them at this point.  It makes perfect sense from a production point of view, I just hope it's more affordable (or less ridiculous?) in price point than the S1 upgrade is.  At this point the S1 upgrade is only good if you have dead units collecting dust.

Yes, there will be upgrade kit for both S1 and S2 customers. But we need some time to design and test it. After we have finished the homework, we will announce the plan publicly.

Yes, there will be. But we still need to solve some production/testing problem before we finalize the plan and public it.

Upgradable
All AntMiner S2 and S2 kit will be adapted to the Hash Boards with next generation chips. Clients can freely choose the upgrade version Hash Boards to replace the ones in hands.
And finally
A short good news for the S2 buyer is that we will let the S2 to upgrade to 1.8TH/s or 2TH/s at very low cost which you can only image now in the August or September. It still depends on many factors to let us achieve that and detailed plan needs to be drafted, But we are very confident that we can make it.

From Sept 22 the upgrade on it will prob get back .15 btc
legendary
Anyone who knows where to get a full set of cables for stock PSU (Enermax Revolution87+ ERV1000EWT-G) please let me know. I've replaced it with Corsair AX1200i just like most of us I suppose, And I want to use this "free" PSU to power my 2 S3s...

Bitmain refused to send it to me for some reason, but they should have these spare cables from lots of these PSUs IMHO... I was ready even pay for shipment...  Embarrassed
I've had good experience's buying cables and custom build parts from www.frozencpu.com
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Anyone who knows where to get a full set of cables for stock PSU (Enermax Revolution87+ ERV1000EWT-G) please let me know. I've replaced it with Corsair AX1200i just like most of us I suppose, And I want to use this "free" PSU to power my 2 S3s...

Bitmain refused to send it to me for some reason, but they should have these spare cables from lots of these PSUs IMHO... I was ready even pay for shipment...  Embarrassed

You can solder them yourself if you need.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
need help - I bought a used s2 and the led control panel on the front will not light up. Also I see no lose plugs or anything that could even plug into that plate. 

Hey friend, the LED display is pretty much useless.  what you really want to know is if the BBB controller is successfully booting from it's SD card.

-take off the lid
-turn it on
-does a really bright blue LED light up on the BBB? (beagle bone black - the mini pc controller in the center board)
  YES - good, it's booting.  now figure out the IP address and log into the web interface
  NO - might be back luck (try 2-3 times).  still no blue light?  remove the SD card and re-image it.

where do you live?  if you're near Toronto, i can help in person.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
need help - I bought a used s2 and the led control panel on the front will not light up. Also I see no lose plugs or anything that could even plug into that plate. 

Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Is there a consensus on the best replacement PSU for the S2?   BOTH of mine conked out last night after a power outage.

I was thinking something along the lines of a Corsair AX1200...
Just to throw another opinion into the mix...

I replaced my S2 PSU with a Corsair AX1200i, and it has been running perfectly 24x7 ever since (months now).

The Corsair AX1200i is a great PSU IMHO, I even use them for my Neptune... but there is a catch! You need to have PCIe 2-to-1 splitters to use them with the Neptune because the AX1200i has Over-current Protection which kicks in and shuts the PSU down. I blame this on KnC, not the PSU, as the Neptune draws much more power across a single PCIe connector than the specification is designed for (that's why the safety features of the AX1200i kick in). Putting the PCIe 2-to-1 splitter cables on means that TWO PCIe ports on the PSU feed the SINGLE PCIe port on the Neptune module, so each PSU PCIe port is supplying power within the PCI specification (and doesn't trip the Over-current Protection).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Music to my eyes. Smiley

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not "complete speculation".  Bitmain, to the point, stated that they would be releasing an upgrade for the S2 in Aug/Sept.  So perhaps you should check your facts before you tell people to "Grow the Fuck UP!".

He's just upset because I called him out on acting like a child in another thread.  But yes, Bitmain stated that they would release the S1 upgrade option shortly after the S3 was released, and the S2 upgrade shortly after that.  I have no reason to doubt them at this point.  It makes perfect sense from a production point of view, I just hope it's more affordable (or less ridiculous?) in price point than the S1 upgrade is.  At this point the S1 upgrade is only good if you have dead units collecting dust.

Upgradable
And finally
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Bitmain,  any updates on the S2 upgrade option as discussed? A lot of us have paid a high amount of BTC/GHs for these, (at least I) with the understanding we will have options to increase hashing power very soon.

Grow the Fuck UP!..  he never said soon, in fact outside of complete speculation the S2 upgrade is a fantasy.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not "complete speculation".  Bitmain, to the point, stated that they would be releasing an upgrade for the S2 in Aug/Sept.  So perhaps you should check your facts before you tell people to "Grow the Fuck UP!".
Pages:
Jump to: