Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 45. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
ye that sux but  must say that i had very good experience about after-sale service Wink

As have I.  No problems, and I've had to deal with them recently.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
ye that sux but  must say that i had very good experience about after-sale service Wink
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Update : 23 june 2014

The after-sales service of Bitmain is catastrophic  very slow !

11 june 2014
One S2 board out of service.

12 june 2014
Me (by email) :
One blade is out of service.
When i plug this blade into slot one of Antminer S2, the blade don't hash and Antminer S2 power off a few minutes later.
When i plug this blade into slot ten of Antminer S2, the blade don't hash and Antminer S2 power off a few minutes later.
When i plug this blade into the second Antminer, the blade don't hash and the second Antminer S2 power off a few minutes later.

12 june 2014
Bitmain (by email ): Ask me one question : would you please confirm whether below marked resistor still exists on the board?

12 june 2014
Me (by email) : Yes, i confirm you that marked resistor exists on the board.
I have take some pictures of the board with my iPhone, please look at pictures in this email.

No answer from Bitmain

15 june 2014 :
Me (by email) : Can you please reply to my last email (see below) ?

16 june 2014 :
Bitmain (by email): Please find the shipping label in the attachment.

16 june 2014 :
Me : Check the UPS tracking number.  Cry  Cry  Cry
Me (by email) : UPS haven't receive any package from you. Why ?

17 june 2014 :
Bitmain (by email) : Please call your local UPS to pick up the package using the shipping label provided.
After we get the returned part, we'll ship out the good replacement.

17 june 2014 (9 AM) :
Me : Bitmain want receive the out of service board before send me a new board, no problem, i understand.
Me : Print the shipping label provided.
Me : Look at the printed label.
Me (angry) : On the printed label, the "SHIP TO" address was MY ADDRESS !!!  Cry Cry Cry
Me (by email) : There is my address under "SHIP TO" and  not Bitmain address. Are you sure you have send me a valid label to send you my board back ?

17 june 2014 (9 AM) :
Me : call UPS, UPS tell me that they can't pick up the package because the label is wrong.

17 june 2014 (10 AM):
Bitmain (by email) : Sorry, we'll provide the correct one later.
Me :  Roll Eyes OK, but why not yet ?

17 june 2014 (11 AM) :
Bitmain (by email) : please find the updated shipping label in the attachment.
Me : Grin Yes, yes yes ... Call UPS, waiting for UPS truck.

17 june 2014 (05 PM) :
Me : My package is in the UPS truck. Waiting for Bitmain news.

19 june 2014 :
UPS :
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 06/20/2014, By End of Day
Shenzhen, China  06/19/2014  10:40 P.M.  Arrival Scan  
Koeln, Germany  06/19/2014  5:59 A.M. Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany  06/19/2014  12:29 A.M.  Arrival Scan  
Strasbourg, France  06/18/2014  8:25 P.M.  Departure Scan  
Strasbourg, France  06/18/2014  7:57 P.M.  Export Scan  
Strasbourg, France  06/18/2014  7:16 P.M.  Arrival Scan  
Wittelsheim, France  06/18/2014  6:40 P.M.  Departure Scan  
Wittelsheim, France  06/17/2014  3:43 P.M.  Pickup Scan  
China  06/17/2014  3:52 A.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS

20 june 2014 :
UPS :
Delivered On: Friday,  06/20/2014 at 10:05 A.M.
Left At: Office
Signed By: MS CHENG

20 june 2014 :
Me (by email) : You received my package : (Tracking : 1ZR789908657356095), can you please send me a new board as soon as possible and send me the tracking number by email.

20 june 2014 :
Bitmain (by email) : process it later and provide the tracking number after ship out.

21 june 2014 :
Bitmain (by email) : Tracking info for good replacement is UPS: 1ZR789900457119914
Me : waiting UPS truck

23 june 2014 :
Me : Board received, work well  Smiley

The after-sales service of Bitmain is catastrophic  very slow !

Waiting for answer, I will update this post at every new event ...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Oh crap, my batch 2 AntMiner S2 stopped working today, after 3 months of solid service.

We had a power outage, and after the power came back on the S2 was "dead". It wouldn't power on at all. I replaced the Enermax 1000W PSU with a Corsair AX1200i and the unit now powers up, but nothing shows on the LED screen and the unit doesn't register on the network. I know what the MAC address of the unit is and it doesn't show up on the network. I have tried two different micro-SD cards, neither of them work.

Not happy.  Sent an email to Bitmain, hopefully they can help me out.

You have a scrambled SD card. Search the forum for a solution. It's a very common problem.

Does replacing the card with a better one help it survive outages?

Yes, without a doubt! Buy a Class 10 Micro SD card (or two), you won't be disappointed. I had similar problems with the SD cards on my Bitfury rigs. Some high-quality Patriot brand cards solved the issue completely.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
And after saving all changes I also got it working in the S2 BBB.
I don't know why?!?!?

Magic, never tell the customer however if you work in support, the secret must be protected.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
I still need an S2 coupon if anyone can help me out. Thanks.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Anyone got any spare coupons going ? ? Cheesy

Bitmain Username: allard78

fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

Do they use standard Beaglebone Blacks? Perhaps you could try replacing that. I stocked up on spare WR703N's and rPi's for my (former) Avalons and BitFury rigs and had to replace a few over time. Maybe I should buy some BB's too.

No they use extremly reduced BBBs. there are no ports on it. only ETH

BUT a standard BBB works fine.
I replaced one when the SD was corrupted and I also couldn't get the S2 back to work with a new card.
The new card in my original BBB then worked. And after saving all changes I also got it working in the S2 BBB.
I don't know why?!?!?
Activity: 63
Hello All,

Anyone have two S2 coupons they don’t plan to use? Looking for two, thanks.

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2156 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I'm not 100% sure if it helps survive outages, but the card supplied probably won't last long... mine gave up after a couple of months. A better card might still get corrupted in a power outage, but at least it won't become completely unreadable. It's best to at least have one spare imaged card laying around.
Oh crap, my batch 2 AntMiner S2 stopped working today, after 3 months of solid service.

We had a power outage, and after the power came back on the S2 was "dead". It wouldn't power on at all. I replaced the Enermax 1000W PSU with a Corsair AX1200i and the unit now powers up, but nothing shows on the LED screen and the unit doesn't register on the network. I know what the MAC address of the unit is and it doesn't show up on the network. I have tried two different micro-SD cards, neither of them work.

You have a scrambled SD card. Search the forum for a solution. It's a very common problem.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 392
Thinking about the s2 kit but prefer s1 version 2
Anyone bought the s2 kit please show us some photo.  Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2191 USD each one, shipping cost included.

Seems like BitMain is losing it's competitive edge...with these prices...IMHO...

No coupons for me too...Did you forget your loyal customers, BitMain...?

ZiG

One hit wonder??
ZiG
Activity: 406
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2191 USD each one, shipping cost included.

Seems like BitMain is losing it's competitive edge...with these prices...IMHO...

No coupons for me too...Did you forget your loyal customers, BitMain...?

ZiG
Activity: 108
need 1 coupon for 0.01 btc tip.
expire at least 48 hrs after donation made.
bitmain id digitizing
Can someone send me an S2 coupon? bitmain id same as here

My old ones expired.

May send tip.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
can anyone donate a S2 coupon? Will tip. bitmain id:papadfresh
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Pages:
Jump to: