Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 49. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
I have an unusual problem.. I used to be able to tunnel into my S2's via SSH, but now root/admin isn't working as a username and password. It seems to have changed (?). I've tried root/root, admin/admin, admin/root, root/admin.. no dice.

The web interface still works fine with root/root.. I just can't get in via SSH anymore.

How can I resolve this?
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2107 USD each one, shipping cost included.

you have to pruce much lower. Dragon miners are selling for $1500-1700.   The S2 should not cost more than 2.5BTC

Where are you seeing them from $1500 to $1700?  Might have to pick another one up.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2107 USD each one, shipping cost included.

you have to pruce much lower. Dragon miners are selling for $1500-1700.   The S2 should not cost more than 2.5BTC
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2261 USD each one, shipping cost included.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Got my Batch 4 S2 in today and just finished configuring it after swapping the power supply out for a Corsair AX1200. It's humming along at 1THs quite nicely. Thanks again Bitmain !

Took about 30 minutes, requiring removing 5 of the blades to get to the power PCIe connectors.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the beeping entirely ?
No. It is ignored.

That's another change that's in my version ...
Actually taking notice of the checkbox value Smiley

In their version of the code it is set to 'true'.
The option enables it.
So ... in both cases it is always on.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Who brought the s2 kit? Show us some photos for review?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Miner config page down on the bottom under settings.

Unchecked it. Still get beeps on startup and when it drops it's network connection Sad
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Got my Batch 4 S2 in today and just finished configuring it after swapping the power supply out for a Corsair AX1200. It's humming along at 1THs quite nicely. Thanks again Bitmain !

Took about 30 minutes, requiring removing 5 of the blades to get to the power PCIe connectors.

Miner config page down on the bottom under settings.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I got S2 coupons expiring on June 21st, PM me if interested.

Sent you a pm.

Thanks.

Rob Cool
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I got S2 coupons expiring on June 21st, PM me if interested.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Well, I do not have one specific out of service blade. It does not matter which 9 blades are inserted. But when I insert all 10 blades the miner turns off. I tested it with different cards which I put aside...

this is a new one...so there is something in the software/hardware that limits power usage so PSU does not burn out?
I cannot fix my problem and your problem does not look fixable as well.

I honestly think that bitmain should have market this as a 0.9TH miner and have ONLY 9 boards plus BB in each. Sometimes I think that one hashing board is too close to BB and its heat might be affecting things. The tricky question is whether to put a board with heaviest or lightest heat sink near the BB. For me heaviest, strangely, worked the best so far.

Have you tried an independent PSU bio?

yes, no difference between EVGA1300 and Enermax-a complete mystery. I think that it is something in BB because I pretty much tried everything else I can think of.
If somebody wants it in US, hashing very stably at ~905-906GH/s with a chance that you will be able to "fix" it-I am open to a fair offer from a person with a history here.
At least you will not overpay for 1Th which could very well be 0.9TH in reality as "edgar" and others can attest.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Mine was shutting off also.  I got a new PSU 1200W and everything is working fine now.

Well, I do not have one specific out of service blade. It does not matter which 9 blades are inserted. But when I insert all 10 blades the miner turns off. I tested it with different cards which I put aside...
I honestly think that bitmain should have market this as a 0.9TH miner and have ONLY 9 boards plus BB in each. Sometimes I think that one hashing board is too close to BB and its heat might be affecting things. The tricky question is whether to put a board with heaviest or lightest heat sink near the BB. For me heaviest, strangely, worked the best so far.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

this is a new one...so there is something in the software/hardware that limits power usage so PSU does not burn out?

Have you tried an independent PSU bio?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
legendary
I did some more tests. For some reason the miner seems to run stable as long as only 9 cards are inserted. It does not matter which cards and which slots are used (at least it seems so) as long as only 9 cards are inserted. As soon as there are 10 cards inserted the miner immediately turns off after the "start beep" (the beep which comes after it is fully started and the display has been "initiated").

Can a "weak" PSU be the reason? Unfortunately I do not have a 1000+ W PSU here to test it...

Only 9 work on my S2 as well. Replacing power board did not help, nor moving boards around. One slot just does not hash, period.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Does anyone have an idea what to do when the miner does not turn on again?
After setting it up it hashed a few minutes, beeped and turned off since then. I already re-plugged the cables and cards are also all seated correctly...

Edit:
After waiting ~20 Minutes I started another try. Switched it on and suddenly it started to work.
I was able to access the web frontend but for some reason one blade did not show any temperature:

A few seconds later the miner powered off by itself and does not power on again (for ~20 Minutes or so I assume/hope).
Can this be the problem?

You don't have to wait 20 minutes to restart S2.
Remove the small metal wire you can find in the big power supply connector, then plug it again. The S2 will restart when you plug it.
This small metal wire replace the power on/off button you can find in all computers.

I think your S2 power off because one blade is out of service. I have the same problem, see my previous post ...

Try to remove the out of service blade, it think your Antminer S2 will work well and not power off.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Does anyone have an idea what to do when the miner does not turn on again?
After setting it up it hashed a few minutes, beeped and turned off since then. I already re-plugged the cables and cards are also all seated correctly...

Edit:
After waiting ~20 Minutes I started another try. Switched it on and suddenly it started to work.
I was able to access the web frontend but for some reason one blade did not show any temperature:

A few seconds later the miner powered off by itself and does not power on again (for ~20 Minutes or so I assume/hope).
Can this be the problem?

I did some more tests. For some reason the miner seems to run stable as long as only 9 cards are inserted. It does not matter which cards and which slots are used (at least it seems so) as long as only 9 cards are inserted. As soon as there are 10 cards inserted the miner immediately turns off after the "start beep" (the beep which comes after it is fully started and the display has been "initiated").

Can a "weak" PSU be the reason? Unfortunately I do not have a 1000+ W PSU here to test it...
Pages:
Jump to: