Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 48. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
I have an unusual problem.. I used to be able to tunnel into my S2's via SSH, but now root/admin isn't working as a username and password. It seems to have changed (?). I've tried root/root, admin/admin, admin/root, root/admin.. no dice.

The web interface still works fine with root/root.. I just can't get in via SSH anymore.

How can I resolve this?

It may be time for a reboot.
Tried it. Tried powering off and back on. Tried reflashing the firmware.. still no dice. Sad
I think I read in Kano's github post for the S2 firmware upgrade he's working on that there was something about SSL not working and changing some files, perhaps that'll work for you:

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2 (at the bottom)
I'll also take a look at this; thanks Freebit. If this is the solution I'll provide you a good tip Smiley
I have an unusual problem.. I used to be able to tunnel into my S2's via SSH, but now root/admin isn't working as a username and password. It seems to have changed (?). I've tried root/root, admin/admin, admin/root, root/admin.. no dice.

The web interface still works fine with root/root.. I just can't get in via SSH anymore.

How can I resolve this?

Tried it. Tried powering off and back on. Tried reflashing the firmware.. still no dice. Sad

Hello,

You have to totally flash the AntMiner S2 sd card with a full image (3,67 Go).

Below, the link to download my full AntMiner S2 sd card image (3,67 Go) and the software to flash it on your sd card. (Win32DiskImager).

Unzip "AntMinerS2-SDcard.zip" (18,3 Mo) to "AntMinerS2-SDcard.img" (3,67 Go).

Then flash "AntMinerS2-SDcard.img" with Win32DiskImager on your sd card.

You AntMiner S2 will restart with SSH "on", and DHCP.

If OK, please let work your S2 for me during one hour  Wink

Link to download : https://www.dtspro.fr/ipc/partage/?p=44206&i=R86RF1PPBN
Philippe, if this works I can't thank you enough. I'll let you have some time on the miner if so Smiley

At this point I suspect I might've been hacked, tbh, because all of my config files are locked and unwriteable, even after flashing the firmware. I'll get back with you later on to tell you how it went.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How can I resolve this?

Hello,

You have to totally flash the AntMiner S2 sd card with a full image (3,67 Go).

Below, the link to download my full AntMiner S2 sd card image (3,67 Go) and the software to flash it on your sd card. (Win32DiskImager).

Unzip "AntMinerS2-SDcard.zip" (18,3 Mo) to "AntMinerS2-SDcard.img" (3,67 Go).

Then flash "AntMinerS2-SDcard.img" with Win32DiskImager on your sd card.

You AntMiner S2 will restart with SSH "on", and DHCP.

If OK, please let work your S2 for me during one hour  Wink

Link to download : https://www.dtspro.fr/ipc/partage/?p=44206&i=R86RF1PPBN

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!

How can I resolve this?

I think I read in Kano's github post for the S2 firmware upgrade he's working on that there was something about SSL not working and changing some files, perhaps that'll work for you:

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2 (at the bottom)
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Well, I do not have one specific out of service blade. It does not matter which 9 blades are inserted. But when I insert all 10 blades the miner turns off. I tested it with different cards which I put aside...

this is a new one...so there is something in the software/hardware that limits power usage so PSU does not burn out?
I cannot fix my problem and your problem does not look fixable as well.

I honestly think that bitmain should have market this as a 0.9TH miner and have ONLY 9 boards plus BB in each. Sometimes I think that one hashing board is too close to BB and its heat might be affecting things. The tricky question is whether to put a board with heaviest or lightest heat sink near the BB. For me heaviest, strangely, worked the best so far.
I had this same problem, it was the psu, seems it was slowly giving up. Bitmain replaced the psu with a new one and it's working fine since.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I have one S2 $400 coupon that I will not be using.  PM me if interested.

Gogreen, you were the first to ask so you got it.  Happy mining.
many thanks to you , yea you too Smiley
Activity: 231

Gogreen, you were the first to ask so you got it.  Happy mining.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
pm
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Difficulty is going back up again:

The conspiracy theory says they turned off alot of power 1.5 days before the last jump to make it appear diff is decreasing.  Is this meant to sell more mining equipment??

Now back to normal up from the 82PH to 95PH.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
perfect time to knock 6usd off the price

however should btc begin to climb again, expect to see the 6USD added back on possibly more...

@3.896 BTC. how much potential profit is left for buyers??

oh. wait, haven't we've already gone over this...

And my recently received dented & buckled rig that was running 'fine' on 9 blades keeps shutting down with the 10th blade in place.

swapped PSU's - no difference but its not often, maybe2-3 times per day...

no beeping, no warning - just shutdown
Activity: 574

How can I resolve this?

Do you get a password prompt at all or does ssh not work at all?

[edit] what ssh client are you using - putty?

How can I resolve this?

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2107 USD each one, shipping cost included.
you have to pruce much lower. Dragon miners are selling for $1500-1700.   The S2 should not cost more than 2.5BTC
Where are you seeing them from $1500 to $1700?  Might have to pick another one up.

Whichever A1-based alternative you decide to purchase, I would recommend against Bit-Tech's offerings in the Group Buys section Sad The quality control of their products leaves much to be desired, unfortunately.

Personally, I've been really happy with my S2's and they are noticeably quieter than the A1 rigs.

Activity: 138
Can anybody donate 2 coupons for S2 units? I will be ready to buy tomorrow, Friday.

Bitmain username: rhj12345

Thanks in advance.

Rob Cool
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Anyone have an accurate number for the CFM that the stock fans move through the box of an S2?  Need it to construct a hot aisle / cold aisle in the server room.  Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hi Kano,

Thanks for your efforts in making Bitmain hardware a finished product.
I just updated my S2 to your "firmware".

2 issues came up, right after the update

1. I am noticing, the S2 will not connect to Eligius any more
2. It will see my local P2Pool as "dead" , though its up and I got other miners connected to it

As you can see it is mining on Slush, which is the backup pool, even though Eligius is up.

https://i.imgur.com/kRh4Ej1.png
Hmm and not a very good hash rate either.
The av is somewhat ok, but the 5m is showing it heading south.

There are certainly big problems on p2pool that I'm looking into.
Eligius? No idea why - someone else mentioned that in the cgminer thread also.
Maybe when I fix the p2pool problem that may solve that also.

My reply to that was: Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7262510
Activity: 254
Hi Kano,

Thanks for your efforts in making Bitmain hardware a finished product.
I just updated my S2 to your "firmware".

2 issues came up, right after the update

1. I am noticing, the S2 will not connect to Eligius any more
2. It will see my local P2Pool as "dead" , though its up and I got other miners connected to it

As you can see it is mining on Slush, which is the backup pool, even though Eligius is up.

Activity: 546
Quick questions for those with S2's. If the power glitches or goes out neither of my2 miners will come back up when the power is restored. I have to unplug the miners and let them sit for a few mins before they will come back on. Is this a known problem with the psu? Thanks for any answers.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

How can I resolve this?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2107 USD each one, shipping cost included.

you have to pruce much lower. Dragon miners are selling for $1500-1700.   The S2 should not cost more than 2.5BTC

Where are you seeing them from $1500 to $1700?  Might have to pick another one up.

Lketc.com $1599
Pages:
Jump to: