Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 47. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Anyone got an S2 coupon - willing to tip

kbiteroner - thanks

Coupon sent  Wink

Do you have one more coupon? Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Needs to be $1000 to roi.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
just to let u guys know this item is way overpriced now u should be paying 2000 or less for them
Activity: 49
I got a person message from BITMAIN today.  But I think it was a scam.  As the person had ZERO activity.
Want to sell me a S2 miner at a discount......
Beware!!!!     Shocked

Jerry
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Does anyone know if it's possible to set a limit on the fan speed ? Would be nice to have the option to run the fans quieter. The rigs are running around 49-52C and the fans cycle between high and low quite frequently. Room is kept at 25C.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
My dream for a miner: the one WITHOUT fans. Can it be done with large enough heat sinks?

Very unlikely in a normal environment.  That would have to be one heck of a heat sink and the temperature of the room would have to been extremely cold.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
futurovida,
Out of curiosity what did you use for fans case etc? Interested  in trying ones but looking for ideas on the best way to setup. Thanks.

now attached to modified plastic case.
is it possible to use pc case ?
Activity: 28
futurovida,
Out of curiosity what did you use for fans case etc? Interested  in trying ones but looking for ideas on the best way to setup. Thanks.

now attached to modified plastic case.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
futurovida,
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
My dream for a miner: the one WITHOUT fans. Can it be done with large enough heat sinks?

Bitfury from last year could run without fans.
Activity: 543
Merit: 502
Anyone got a spare s2 coupon? Would be greatly appreciated.

Bitmain username: Biggzi
Activity: 28
Received S2  Kit after 5 days place order- nice...
all in good condition and easy assemble
up and running at 1.08TH/s- Grin

another unit on the way.  Grin

good job BITMAIN!!

only hope future can remarks as "Computer Gateway" as previous order instead of "Bitcoin Mining Accessories" for tax exemption.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

kbiteroner - thanks

Coupon sent  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

kbiteroner - thanks
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
It looks like a voltage regulating resistor is reaching a thermal point which it can no longer handle and opens. Or circuit protection device on the controller board. It may be prudent to inspect each solder point for possible crack that may allow the circuit to open when the physical temp. of the controller board surface lets the surface mounted device pull off the board, or a bad bi-metal relay opens.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I have an unusual problem.. I used to be able to tunnel into my S2's via SSH, but now root/admin isn't working as a username and password. It seems to have changed (?). I've tried root/root, admin/admin, admin/root, root/admin.. no dice.

The web interface still works fine with root/root.. I just can't get in via SSH anymore.

How can I resolve this?

It may be time for a reboot.
Tried it. Tried powering off and back on. Tried reflashing the firmware.. still no dice. Sad
I think I read in Kano's github post for the S2 firmware upgrade he's working on that there was something about SSL not working and changing some files, perhaps that'll work for you:

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2 (at the bottom)
I'll also take a look at this; thanks Freebit. If this is the solution I'll provide you a good tip Smiley

Depending on what program you are using, you may need to delete the "known_hosts" file where the S2s ssh key was stored.  Some SSH clients refuse to connect if the keys don't match, although it's odd that it doesn't provide you some feedback along those lines.  Once you've removed the "known_host" file, you'll be prompted to accept the SSH "fingerprint" that the S2 is providing again.

The S2s key may have become corrupt or changed, which is why this might be your issue if removing the "known_hosts" file works for you.

To learn more, take a look at how SSH uses keys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell#Key_management
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Does anyone have an idea what to do when the miner does not turn on again?
After setting it up it hashed a few minutes, beeped and turned off since then. I already re-plugged the cables and cards are also all seated correctly...

Edit:
After waiting ~20 Minutes I started another try. Switched it on and suddenly it started to work.
I was able to access the web frontend but for some reason one blade did not show any temperature:

A few seconds later the miner powered off by itself and does not power on again (for ~20 Minutes or so I assume/hope).
Can this be the problem?

I did some more tests. For some reason the miner seems to run stable as long as only 9 cards are inserted. It does not matter which cards and which slots are used (at least it seems so) as long as only 9 cards are inserted. As soon as there are 10 cards inserted the miner immediately turns off after the "start beep" (the beep which comes after it is fully started and the display has been "initiated").

Can a "weak" PSU be the reason? Unfortunately I do not have a 1000+ W PSU here to test it...
To find out if had a "broken" PSU I ordered another Enermax Revolution 87+ PSU (same one as normally is built in a S2). The same happened as with the original one, after starting up it shuts down.
So I added a kind of electricity meter to see how much power the miner requires.
This is with 9 blades attached:

And this is with 10 blades attached:

As you can see the miner draws ~1040W until it turns off. The PSU is a 1000W PSU, maybe this can be the problem?
As mentioned before the system is running stable when only running with 9 blades...
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2087 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2226 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Pages:
Jump to: