Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 51. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Just got the S2.  Is this the symptom of a bad power supply?
If I have more than 5 boards running, the miner would start and when the screen goes to Antminer and starts hashing, it would last for only a few seconds and turn off.  If I have only 5 boards in there, it would be hashing fine, and the pool stats show that it's hashing around 500.

Get a good Gold or Platinum 1200w or greater PSU and swap out that underpowered garbage Enermax.

No problem with my Enermax, all 10 blades work very well at about 980 Gh/s on pool cex.io.

cex.io screenshot :

S2 screenshot :
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/650716cex2.jpg

Could you and all reasonable people please stop using cex.io/ghash.io or all your (and mine) bitcoins will turn into pumpkins-use Eligius or anything else for crying out loud

I don't understand why you tell me not use cex.io/ghash.io ?

Can you explain me what is the problem with cex.io/ghash.io please ?

Best regards
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Could you and all reasonable people please stop using cex.io/ghash.io or all your (and mine) bitcoins will turn into pumpkins-use Eligius or anything else for crying out loud

+1 switched everything back to good old slush puppy a couple of weeks ago
Didn't even bother removing the lid on the second one, plugged it in and it just worked - straight to 1TH/s again.

Awesome!  You should probably crack the lid on the second, just to make sure the cards are in good.  Right?

That's the thing - there's a big metal plate above the cards - they can't come out unless you remove the plate. It felt like I was unpacking an S1 - cardboard box was a bit battered, but inside, the foam was holding the unit very secure. And inside the unit itself - everything is now bolted down big time.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
If I have more than 5 boards running, the miner would start and when the screen goes to Antminer and starts hashing, it would last for only a few seconds and turn off.  If I have only 5 boards in there, it would be hashing fine, and the pool stats show that it's hashing around 500.

Get a good Gold or Platinum 1200w or greater PSU and swap out that underpowered garbage Enermax.

No problem with my Enermax, all 10 blades work very well at about 980 Gh/s on pool cex.io.

cex.io screenshot :

S2 screenshot :
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/650716cex2.jpg

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Didn't even bother removing the lid on the second one, plugged it in and it just worked - straight to 1TH/s again.

Awesome!  You should probably crack the lid on the second, just to make sure the cards are in good.  Right?
Got my S2s today after a seemingly long journey from China. Opened the lid on the first one with some dread - everything was good.

Plugged it in and it just worked - straight to 1TH/s (slightly over).

Took me all of 11 minutes to get them both mining.

I've got to hand it to bitmain - he's certainly addressed the problems reported in earlier batches.

Customs fee in UK was £241 per unit btw.

Happy customer!
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2309 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2147 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 81

cex.io screenshot :

S2 screenshot :

INFO :
Sell two S2 coupons, 0.05 BTC per coupon. please send me a message if you need one.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 92
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
I have two S2 coupons to donate that expire on 2014-06-12, PM me for them.

One coupon left to donate.

Gone.
Activity: 97
Thanks for that Biodom diff is 1024
I was a bit concerned
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
can someone tell me please what a reasonable ratio of discarded shares in the miner status summary for the S2 would be. As my S1's show an accepted amount of a lot higher than the discarded number but my new S2 is showing the discarded as being vastly higher that the accepted.

Elapsed    GH/S(5s)    GH/S(avg)    FoundBlocks    Getworks    Accepted    Rejected    HW    Utility    Discarded
15m16s      882.50       1011.66          0                    44            195             3           193    12.78          21164

Stale    LocalWork    WU            DiffA         DiffR    DiffS    BestShare
0               278515    14132.68    199680    3072      0       0

and with a best share of 0 is it actually mining??

You cutoff your difficulty. Assuming that it is 1024, accepted is actually 1024X195=~200K. You have to look for longer than 15min, but your WU is OK (~14K)
Use eligius pool, don't use btcguild (at least on my S2 btcguild did not work well). best share is not being calculated on many S2, just check your pool for stats.
Activity: 97
can someone tell me please what a reasonable ratio of discarded shares in the miner status summary for the S2 would be. As my S1's show an accepted amount of a lot higher than the discarded number but my new S2 is showing the discarded as being vastly higher that the accepted.

Elapsed    GH/S(5s)    GH/S(avg)    FoundBlocks    Getworks    Accepted    Rejected    HW    Utility    Discarded
15m16s      882.50       1011.66          0                    44            195             3           193    12.78          21164

Stale    LocalWork    WU            DiffA         DiffR    DiffS    BestShare
0               278515    14132.68    199680    3072      0       0

and with a best share of 0 is it actually mining??
Got another S2 today and I have to say that Bitmain have been listening to us as this one has a nice blacking plate held in place with 4 screws on each side to keep the cards in place. They have also started banding the box.

The previous one I got through a GB had every card loose inside the chassis but luckily all still in tact so I was able to reassemble and it is working fine. This one arrived via the same carrier and while the box did have some wear the unit inside was all still in one piece and not a single part was loose. Big difference.

Nice that's good news to read - expecting 2 tomorrow (they've been on an epic journey) - hopefully I'll plug 'em in and they'll just work - like bitmain shit usually does.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
I have two S2 coupons to donate that expire on 2014-06-12, PM me for them.
Activity: 546
Got another S2 today and I have to say that Bitmain have been listening to us as this one has a nice blacking plate held in place with 4 screws on each side to keep the cards in place. They have also started banding the box.

The previous one I got through a GB had every card loose inside the chassis but luckily all still in tact so I was able to reassemble and it is working fine. This one arrived via the same carrier and while the box did have some wear the unit inside was all still in one piece and not a single part was loose. Big difference.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
i have 5 s2 coupons pm me if you need to buy. no reasonable offer refused.
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
i want an antminer S2 coupon also, if someone can donate it, my username in bitmaintech is: oskuro

thanks
Pages:
Jump to: