Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 55. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Hi edgar,

In our previous communication, we agreed to RMA and guided you how to ship back the the issue hash board to us. Both shipping label and UPS account are available for global customers. We even traced the the track # in the shipping label we offer you, which is showed 'valid' on UPS page, please call local UPS and try it again.
We will try our best to support you to fix your problems.

By the way, S2 will not fire if it is just missing capacitor, but it is true that the hash rate will be lower than 1Th/s if one board is not wotking normally.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Having issues with my S2 B3.     Since I got the unit, it has never run stable @ 1Thz.   

It may run for a while at 1 Thz, but then I will notice the speed decrease anywhere from 700-900 ghz and will have boards xxx or ---- on the miner status page

What pool are you using?  I have a similar problem when using it on p2pool, except it's always well below 1th/s, and seems to decrease as time goes on.  BTCG rejects 30% of the work of one of my S2s.  Eleigius (through a stratum proxy) works best so far.

M

Currently using Bitminter.  Was on Ghash for a while but speeds were even lower there.  I have had better luck with Bitminter than btcguild and ghash.

Pulled a board out this morning and hasn't flaked out on me yet.  Running around 850 right now
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Having issues with my S2 B3.     Since I got the unit, it has never run stable @ 1Thz.   

It may run for a while at 1 Thz, but then I will notice the speed decrease anywhere from 700-900 ghz and will have boards xxx or ---- on the miner status page

What pool are you using?  I have a similar problem when using it on p2pool, except it's always well below 1th/s, and seems to decrease as time goes on.  BTCG rejects 30% of the work of one of my S2s.  Eleigius (through a stratum proxy) works best so far.

M
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
What time was it in China when you rang?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Thank You Dropt!

how hard was that??

I have tried calling the telephone number provided  by Bitmain - the 1st timeit was answered but only heavy breathing/silence.

subsequent calls have been left to time out or purposefully ended without answering.

if anyone else is struggling to contact them, +86 151 124 53849 is the contact number that will more than likely not be answered.

BITMAIN - are you too busy to reply or merely ignoring my emails, PMs & telephone calls??

why would you provide UPS shipping information that UPS themselves cannot identify or accept??

The way this is going, it will be another 7-10 days to get this simple, single blade replaced.... what kind of service is this?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Quote from: edgar on Today at 00:27:55

can you tell me what the capacitors actually do?

do you think there is any risk of fire??

Hi edgar,
Relax, if it is wokring normally now, should not bring any bad results, the worst case is that the miner runs with less than 1 Th/s.

apparently the risk of less than 1Th/s is worse than the risk of fire/explosion...

and now it seems i may be back on the ignore list - UPS cant accept the package with the label Bitmain provided and he is yet to provide updated info despite being requested over an hour ago

Educated guess: the caps are for reducing ripple voltage/noise in the switching dc/dc regulators.  The chips may flake out but it's not going to catch fire and/or blow up if they're not there.
legendary
Quote from: edgar on Today at 00:27:55

can you tell me what the capacitors actually do?

do you think there is any risk of fire??

Hi edgar,
Relax, if it is wokring normally now, should not bring any bad results, the worst case is that the miner runs with less than 1 Th/s.

apparently the risk of less than 1Th/s is worse than the risk of fire/explosion...

and now it seems i may be back on the ignore list - UPS cant accept the package with the label Bitmain provided and he is yet to provide updated info despite being requested over an hour ago
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have some S2 Coupons valid 11 June.
Asking .2BTC each. Or make me an offer.
Again these will save you $400 off each S2.

0.2BTC=$130

400-130=270
these will save you $270 off  each one S2.

Today I bought one of S2 without the coupon.

I have also written make me an offer.
legendary
BoJaques - the 'newest' rigs /blades come with 4 extra caps on each blade.

whereas older ones do not have these.

im not sure what they do as they seem to function even when broken and or snapped off.

UPS does not recognize the tracking number sent by bitmain and are unable to assist in any way until they have the correct information.

guess it means more waiting or paying for it to be shipped myself!! (where its anyones guess if they will collect it/acknowledge it)

and all the while he sits with thousands of blades unwilling to replace a single DOA blade until 'we get back DOA board first'....

Does your unit have the extra caps soldered on?  Check the Bitmain site for the documentation addressing a similar issue.

My unit does not have the caps soldered on...Is that something that I was supposed to receive when i ordered the unit or order separately? 
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

1.   It is not always the same boards that error out.  Totally random.
2.  If I power off, then right back on it will occasionally (1 out of 3 times) go back to full speed.
3.  After an hour, sometimes after 6 hours I will check it again and the speed will have dropped again with different boards xxxx out
4.  I replaced the power supply with a thermaltake 1200 watt, no change
5.  Moved around to different circuits in my house...nothing.
6.  Currently I am running 9 boards and I have no errors, but 850ghz.

Anyone else have similar issues?   I have tried working with Bitmain by email but have gotten poor service.   Guy keeps asking me to shuffle around the boards, when I don't know which board is bad because every time I restart it is a different set of boards that errors out. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Does your unit have the extra caps soldered on?  Check the Bitmain site for the documentation addressing a similar issue.
legendary
Do you guys take pennies?

pubes?

i has got millions..

@BoJaques - i have mentioned this in 2-3 threads now, yes i have a similar experience with my B4

my B3 with OCZ1000w psu sits at 1xxxGH all day

my B4 with enermax1000w sits around 9xx

by 'B5' (actually i think its an old B3, no metal plate, no foam) with enermax1000w & only 9 blades has settled around 89x

and just for clarity - i can NOT access 'Miner status' NOR 'Miner Config' without pulling the ethercable (i tried for 18 hrs to explain this to bitmain yesterday)

and checking the 'miner status' when its not mining is pointless!

Very Poor Service/Support , although he does appear to be 'trying' - i just received the shipping label to return the DOA board...

1.   It is not always the same boards that error out.  Totally random.
2.  If I power off, then right back on it will occasionally (1 out of 3 times) go back to full speed.
3.  After an hour, sometimes after 6 hours I will check it again and the speed will have dropped again with different boards xxxx out
4.  I replaced the power supply with a thermaltake 1200 watt, no change
5.  Moved around to different circuits in my house...nothing.
6.  Currently I am running 9 boards and I have no errors, but 850ghz.

Anyone else have similar issues?   I have tried working with Bitmain by email but have gotten poor service.   Guy keeps asking me to shuffle around the boards, when I don't know which board is bad because every time I restart it is a different set of boards that errors out. 

Any help would be appreciated!
Activity: 1
Do you guys take pennies?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Hey... don't knock the jarred farts part, that really does work!
 Just be sure to label it " Sweet smell of Success"
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
If anyone needs the coupons, then check ebay item number:151320359776
$49.95 piece.

People like you are why Bitmain are more-than-likely doing away with their coupon program.

Thanks, bro.

EDIT: Speaking of coupons, if someone has a spare, active S2 coupon they do not plan on using, I would greatly appreciate one. Looking to purchase a unit. Please PM. Thank you kindly.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
If anyone needs the coupons, then check ebay item number:151320359776

$49.95 piece.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins
Looking for some advice.

Firstly I'm in Canada. I'm looking to order an S2. Now, should I order from 112 or bitmain?
Can anyone advise? I'm thinking about lead time, possible shipping damages, warranty issues/return shipping, customs declarations.

If anyone has some input, I'd love to hear it. Also, if anyone has an S2 coupon, my ID at Bitmain is: bit_NINj4 (thanks xoun!)

Thanks in advance and cheers!

I haven't ordered from 112, but I have ordered 5 S2s from Bitmain.  Haven't had single issue, but I have had to call UPS and give them the authority to clear the shipments for me.  The customs charges were ~$140 for the first two, and ~$220 for the second two.  I won't know about the fifth until next week.

Just to clarify, it was $70 each for the first two?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Being bilingual (or more!) is supposed to prevent you from ever getting Alzheimers'.
Interestingly, when you are truly bilingual, you don't translate, but think or perceive in two languages fluidly.

Can we get another group buy at a discount, please?
Current calculators show no profit until deep in the fall (if everything is perfect), so buying bitcoin right now is preferential with summer heat already here.
I can attest to that... it was mind blowing when I had my first dream in German and realized in the dream and switched to English  Shocked

/Offtopic  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

In the context of OP post, "each" and "one" has the same meaning.

Sorry. I have never learned to speak English at school. Only  Estonian, Russian and German.

Looks pretty strong English from here - 4 languages! not bad

Being bilingual (or more!) is supposed to prevent you from ever getting Alzheimers'.
Interestingly, when you are truly bilingual, you don't translate, but think or perceive in two languages fluidly.

Can we get another group buy at a discount, please?
Current calculators show no profit until deep in the fall (if everything is perfect), so buying bitcoin right now is preferential with summer heat already here.
Pages:
Jump to: